Monday, May 01, 2023

POSTING PARCELS

 The only thing on my agenda this morning is to go and post the two parcels to their recipients.

3 Cat Wall hangings are off to Masterton, and 2 Glasses Cases and a Coin Purse are off to Taupo.

It's such fun getting my stuff going all over the place.  😊

Good God!  Today is May the first.  This year, well let's get real, every year is going so much faster now.  I can remember how it took FOREVER for a year to go by.  Now it's damn scary how fast they go.

Before ya know it, it will be October and I will be 'celebrating' turning 65!!!  How the fuck did that happen? 65.  I will get the 'OLD AGE PENSION'!

I don't feel old, not at all. 

I was talking with my cousin Debbie on Saturday, at the market in Cambridge.  She is turning 50 in October, and has had a bright idea to combine several cousin's birthdays (all also turning 50), and an Aunt and Uncle's 50th wedding anniversary into one big family party.  In October.

I'm up for that!  It is going to be a bit like a Family Reunion, a big get together for a happy reason, instead of the usual... a funeral.

My maternal family has had a few too many of those the past few years.

So, a big party in October! That is something to really look forward to eh?

Now, back to today.

After I've posted off my parcels, I will be coming home to do the usual Monday morning housework.

Then I will have a walk, either on the treadmill or at the mall.

After lunch I am going to visit Bex. We will discuss what colour tops I need for my on-the-go Glasses Cases and Coin Purses.

My Coin Purses are going to be marketed as useful for:  Coins/Lippy/Pills/Cards etc.  Just a handy little snap shut Purse for ya handbag or back pocket.

It has been such fun making new, little projects.

And now... time to bugger off and start me day.


... Hmmmm.  Anyone miss me?

Looks like NOPE.

For those interested, I've been flat out busy all day.
Out and about this morning, posting parcels, getting a few things from the chemist warehouse, doing the housework.
And sewing.

ABOVE:  I've been running up a few more Glasses Cases and Coin Purses.  Bex has her work cut out for her making tops to go with them all! 
I popped over to Bex's after she got home from work, so she could suss out what colour tops I needed.
I feel a bit guilty hijacking her time when she could be making her own stuff.
But swings and roundabouts... I will babysit for her if necessary when boys are sick etc.
It's what ya do.

ABOVE:  The cutest little pug Coin Purse.
I'm about ready to call it a day.
When I start seeing double I know my eyes have had enough.  I'ma seeing double ...

I made some date scones for my lunch.  CARB overload, but SOooooo good.
I'd been craving them for ages.  Today was the day I just could not resist.  I'm not sure the scales are gunna be nice tomorrow.  Oh well... Moving on.

And now, been watching the telly and keeping my legs up. They puff up so badly when I sew all day.  Hate that.

It's damn cold, I've got my big Oodie on, it's so snuggly.  
I'm off to make myself a nice hot drink.
Catch ya tomorrow.

10 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:37 AM

    Hi did you sell many of the new glasses cases and coin purses? I think both yours and Bex's are lovely.....Peta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bex sold a coin purse... to be fair she only had one coin purse and one glasses case for sale. I sold 4 glasses cases and one coin purse.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous1:08 PM

    Why not combine them all together great idea!! I tested positive for Covid this morning not bloody ideal considering my parents are moving tomorrow 🤬🤬 GM 💙💙

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the glasses cases

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought you must have been flat out when you didn’t update when I checked earlier

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the glasses & coin cases. Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh yes a combo deal that’s a good idea can’t wait to get the parcel and post to my mum thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm back! Greetings and all that. I was traveling so missed commenting for a few days since my phone doesn't let me be me when I comment. I think a family reunion type gathering would be a blast. My family is scattered all over the country - it is nearly impossible to see anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My ankles and feet do that as soon as it warms up here. It is so annoying. They are perfectly fine all winter.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous3:45 AM

    I really LOVE the color fabrics you are using for your cases. Oh, and I turned 65 on 10/15/22 and boy, was it a shock to me! I can hardly believe I am 65!!! While I qualify here in US for medicare, with the changes the government made I can't retire and fully collect until after I pass age 66 and 1/2 years, which will be in April 2024 :( That's fine; I hope to keep working until I drop, if I can, lol.
    Dawn P. Albany, GA USA

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.