Wednesday, May 31, 2023

NEXT GOAL IN SIGHT

 I have my next Weight Goal in sight!

I just need to lose 4.2 kilos and I will be the lowest I've been in 13 years. 

THIRTEEN YEARS!

When I hit that magic number (not telling)... I am going to be so, so happy!


ABOVE:  Two months of mucking around... OVER.

I'm more determined than ever to get to my next goal now.  

Today I will be in the sewing room, working on those Fish Cushions.  They are bugging me now.  I hate having 'orders' hanging over my head.  And these cushion covers have been on the order list for a while now.


9.36 am:  Whelp, no sleep in for me, or rather, lie in.

ABOVE:  Two boys here today with sore throats.  Well... 100%  sure Archer has a nasty cold.  Dante?  Not so much.
But, if you take them to school and they say they have a sore throat, they are sent home.  Can't win.
Thanks COVID.

So, I'm sitting in the family room stitching tops to bottoms of Glasses Cases.   And I mentioned to Bex how hard I find it to pull the needle through the fabric while using a thicker thread.  And she suggested using these:

ABOVE:  Pliers!  OMG that works.  Though I might buy myself a pair of cute little ones, just for stitching with.  Those two are big and clunky.

I have finished 6 cases, only two to go then I will go into the sewing room.


ABOVE:  Step one done.  Get the fabric ready for quilting.  
After that will be making and arranging the fish.
I'm now looking at the clock, thinking it's probably lunchtime and I should go and check on the boys.
I've only been in the sewing room for about an hour.  Long enough for now.

Well, the boys were just fine.  Happily playing on their Chrome Books, and with the dogs.

I just had an open wrap.  So yummy.  And filling.
Having it 'open' means you can load it up with lots of free salad type veges.  I also had one chicken schnitzel and two eggs again.  All up 11 points, which isn't even half my daily allocation.
Not that I'm following that too seriously.  But tracking the points values means I can keep an eye on portions, and healthier options.

Tracking also means you don't 'forget' what you've eaten, and you know that you can have that nice hot, sweet drink at bedtime.  😊😋  And by 'sweet',  I mean I use EQUAL not sugar.

Bex will be here to pick up the boys soon.  Once she's left I'm going to the Chemist Warehouse to get some more eye liner.  I ran out last night.  
I might also have a quick walk around the Base, for exercise.

My afternoon was lovely.  I went to The Base and got my eyeliner, then had a quick walk around the perimeter of the shopping centre, before coming home.
I then had a nana nap! 
I have not been sleeping that well, cold/hot, cold/hot.  Bloody menopause is dragging on, and on, and on.  18 years for me now.  I shall probably go to my grave having a bloody hot flush!

I made Stew a lovely open wrap for his dinner, he LOVED it.  They really are a wonderful option.

Now.  It's gone damn cold again, so all wrapped up, feet up, watching TV while knitting some more tops for cases.

Catch ya tomorrow.

13 comments:

  1. You look amazing, happy & healthy! Congratulations. It's not easy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:34 AM

    Congrats!

    Summer feels like it has rolled in here. Hot and sunny.

    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:08 AM

    OMG pliers that's not what I would ever have thought to use Ha ha but good idea to get a special set just for stitching with. Excellent result with the weight loss. I guess the boot incident is a reminder that weight loss is also not just the scales but wearing old favourites again and they are a damn fine colour. I can see why Lacey might be eyeing them off they are groovy baby. Chris you should wear your hair like that more - it really suits you a touch or rock chic you just need a denim jacket or leather jacket. Just saying with weight loss of significance like you have done you can experiment with different styles that may not have thought as flattering before but now would be. Be kind to yourself, Chris you are doing a fine job and I am sure you will meet your goal - so excited for you after 13 years. Have a good day with your pliers. Maria (Australia)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go you!!! Well done and I know you'll lose those kilos. This time around you know how easy it is to gain so losing the weight slowly and changing habits is the only way to do this. Those jeans won't be far away!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:50 AM

    Hi Chris, how long has it taken you to lose the 17 kilos ?...very impressive and you ate things you enjoyed which is really good...best way to go...Peta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far, 9 months in. So I'm only off my 2 kgs a month goal by 1 kg.

      Delete
  6. Anonymous12:23 PM

    Wow you look so happy. You should be very proud of yourself. Slowly but surely and you’ll get there. Huge thumbs up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. And I know you will hit that goal Chris. You are doing amazing and now motivated after a little break.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice and yes those jeans won’t be far off
    Boys look happy as Larry

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous4:50 PM

    13 is a lucky number YOU CAN DO IT 💞 pretty quiet day on the work front thank goodness check out my FB story see what I took last night GM 💙💙

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous7:23 PM

    Well done on your continued weight loss! Just a suggestion regarding the pliers, if you are able to, try and get some of the jewellery making pliers with the nylon pads on the tips. That will make gripping the needle easier and also won't damage the needle by leaving groove marks from the teeth on the pliers. Gail x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well done Chris! Keep up the good work! All the best to getting to your next goal.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous1:22 AM

    You look marvelous!!! You have every right to be very proud of yourself !! Dawn Pinnataro, Albany Georgia USA

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.