Wednesday, May 03, 2023

ALL MY JOBS ARE DONE!

 This is a bit different.

All my jobs are done.

I don't really need to make anything else for the next few markets that I know of.

I got HEAPS done yesterday, way more than I thought I would in fact.

Once Bex brings around a few tops for the Glasses Cases/Coin Purses, I'll have something to do stitching them on.

But for today, I don't even need to go into the sewing room if I don't want to.

Novel idea.

Late yesterday I got the final job on my list done.

ABOVE:  I stitched tabs on the bottom of the Gazebo Wall/Door to anchor it down .  Then I  put velcro strips on the Wall/Door, so when it is raining we can have the door partly open still.  

I was a bit worried that my sewing machine wouldn't be able to stitch the thick plastic ... but it did fine with a Denim needle on the machine.


ABOVE:  And that is how it will be when we use it ... people will still be able to come inside if it's raining.

I got a quote to have a clear plastic strip put down the middle of the 'door' section, but OMG!!!  $485 just to do that!  The bloody door only cost $145, so to pay that for a fraction of it to be changed to clear plastic is exorbitant!  

Clearly won't be getting that done.

Shame, cos it would have been perfect to keep the door totally closed when it's raining, but people could still see inside.  *sigh*

My bright idea... thwarted by greed?  Cos there is NO WAY IN HELL it should cost that much to do it.  It would be an hour job tops, and the material is not very expensive either.  The only reason I'm not doing it myself is because I'm not confident I'd get it right and stuff up the door.

Right.  Back to today.  I think a mall walk in on the cards.  Then some housework.  Fluff around the house.  bla bla bla.


9.15 am, and I've already been for me walk.

I wanted some tinned peas to go with my lunch today.
So I walked to the supermarket.
It's only a 2.87 km loop.  I'd show ya, but it kinda shows where I live and that wouldn't be safe in this day 'n' age.
NOT that 99.9% of you readers would do anything with the info, but ya just can't be too careful.

Anyway, I found that walk hard for some reason.  I was dying to get home about 3/4's of the way around the loop.

ABOVE:  It's a dark and gloomy day, the sun is trying to come out.  But it's losing.  Outward bound view.

ABOVE: Looking back from whence I came.  The first half of the loop involves some mild hills.  The 2nd half is dead flat.  I don't even like 'mild hills'.

When I got home with me peas (among other things), I looked in the pantry.
Guess what I found?

Damn PEAS.  What a dick.  Oh well, I have more now.  

I'm going to do some housework now.  And Fluff Around.  I like fluffing around.

ABOVE:  I am almost back to where I was a month ago.  Wearing a hand me down dress from one of the Card Night girls.  

ABOVE:   DOGSTAR:  I listened.  I made one this morning.
I'll no doubt make more.

AND.... it's already sold!  Bloody hell SM!  Now I have to make you a matching Coin Purse too.  What fun.

ABOVE:  I got visitors this afternoon.  Miss Brylee.  And then Bex and the boys.  Bex dropped in 6 Cases tops.  So I've been hand stitching them on this afternoon.

ABOVE: Four down, two to go.   Until Bex supplies me with more tops!
I think she was a bit daunted when she saw how many I'd made.  Sorry Bex.  (again)

It has been a really horrible day weather wise.  Just very wet and ikkkk.  It's supposed to stick around of days.  Meaning our market on Sunday might be a no go for us.  We see no point in doing this particular one in the rain.

8.30 pm:  OMG I'm so tired.  I woke at 5 am this morning.  And I didn't get back to sleep.  So I'm damn tired now.  But it's far too early for me to go to bed.  If I go to bed early I wake at around 1 - 2 am and toss and turn for the rest of the night.
So there's just no point going early.
But I feel groggy and ikkkk.  Maybe I'll try going to bed at 9.30 ?
*sigh*
For now, I'll sit here and watch TV, and try not to fall asleep in me chair.

19 comments:

  1. That is a crazy quote~ But I think you need to have the door open. Otherwise people would breeze on past!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:41 AM

    Chris you look great in that dress!!!! That style, colour, length suits you so much - definitely a winner. You have done really well and I think don't be so hard on yourself for any stalls its just part o the process - you have had some setbacks, covid, that annoying little female problem etc. I think you have put a fair dint in the process. Also its good to wear figure hugging dress like that to really showcase what you have achieved because sometimes when you are on the journey its easy to forget and some clothes don't really indicate where your at. Well done, be kind to yourself you deserve it and keep trucking. Maria (Australia)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:43 AM

    Looking mighty fine 🙂 stuff those thieving sods mind you everything has gone up in price it's madness. I'm thinking about buying a bread maker but unsure ohhh life's choices 🤣🤣 GM 💙💙

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bread makers are wonderful! I love mine. My bum doesn't! It's so easy to over eat fresh, homemade bread. So, be warned. Delicious. Fattening.

      Delete
    2. Anonymous1:46 PM

      Will try to discipline myself 😆 am probably going to get one and make bread for Mum and Dad now they've moved here, share the love and all that 💙💙

      Delete
  4. You suit dresses chick!! All the best for keeping on your roll!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This dress so suits you...

    ReplyDelete
  6. the dress is an absolute perfect fit! (and color, of course)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You. I made a Kiwiana Glasses Case after you suggested it yesterday.

      Delete
  7. OMG I WANT A REFUND
    I WANT THAT CASE LOL 😂

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes but that peas you use you now have a replacement lol I felines to visit the next market!! Where is it ahain

    ReplyDelete
  9. Replies
    1. That case isn't even finished yet SM! Next market is this Sunday at Woodlands Estate in Gordonton.

      Delete
  10. For your stalls how about buying some clear plastic (Spotlight sell it be the metre) and attach to the mid section. I'm sure you could figure out a way to secure it... it would only cost about $30. Or a clear shower curtain and you'd only need to figure out our to hang that. It should work.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Me again... Bunnings sell clear shower curtains for only $11 !!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I’m thinking heat wrap clear plastic over Dowling then attach Dowling to side maybe?
    Cases arrived just perfect x

    ReplyDelete
  13. There is so much potential for those glasses cases...... You could crank them out by the handfuls! So many ideas, patterns, colors, .... You might need a simpler top though to give Bex a break. : )

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.