Thursday, May 04, 2023

ANOTHER WALK

 Well... it's another early wake up for me today.

So it will be a long day no doubt.

What am I gunna get up to today?

First up, get the housework done.  Not that there's much to do.  Bed.  Bit of washing. Open curtains. Clean bathrooms.  That's about it.

I will probably go for a walk, either on the street or in the mall, just depends on the weather.

After that, I will make a small coin purse for SM in the Kiwiana style.  Knowing me, I'll probably make 10!

And that's about it from me for now.

Sure isn't a lot happening around here right now.

And there is nothing wrong with that.  I'd rather quiet days than drama filled days.


9 am.
Jobs done.
And now I'm off on a little road trip.
Grandmothers Garden in Gordonton.
Bower Bird in Tamahere.
Then a fabric shop in Te Awamutu.
Looking for fabrics to use as backing for fish runners/cushions.
I'm out of anything suitable in me stash.
Crazy when I think of how much fabric I already have, but sometimes ya just don't have quite the right thing.

So off I go.

1.50 pm:  And I'm home again.  Oh man I've had fun this morning!
First up:

ABOVE:  First up, food for the car, so it gets me out and about.

ABOVE:  My first top, Grandmothers Garden in Gordonton.  The home is on top of the shop.  It's for sale, and has some land around it too.  Such a shame, cos the owners are slowly depleting the shop of stock, as no one seems to want to buy it as a going concern.
My guess is it will close down entirely soon.

ABOVE: The two shop boxers.   They are adorable.  

ABOVE:  There were some good specials today.  The Batik fabrics were half price.  SCORE.



ABOVE:  My next stop was Bower Bird, in Tamahere.  I love this shop.  It has so many lovely, bright fabrics.
I hope they never close down.

ABOVE:  Look at this!!!  Wow, just wow.
I have no idea how I will use it yet.  Gimme time.
😂😅😊😉

ABOVE:  I also got these fabrics at Bower Bird.

ABOVE:  When you purchase fabric at Bower Bird, you get to take a fabric scrap from the 'Lolly Jar'.  Too cute.


ABOVE:  My next stop was Stitchin' Stuff in Te Awamutu.  They don't have a huge selection of Quilting Fabric.  BUT... as I was strolling through the shop, right in front of me was some Fruit Ladies fabric!  I've been looking online for more of this, so I nabbed some of course.  These blocks are much bigger than the fabric I already have.
I am hoping they work for glasses cases.

There are several really lovely gift shops in Te Awamutu, so I went into three of them.


ABOVE:  After fabric shops, this is MY sorta shop!  This shop had quite a few little glass bottles/jars.  I ummm.... found one I didn't need, but wanted.

ABOVE: So yeah, I bought it.  It blends in with the other salmon colours in the family room.

ABOVE:  Parking is shit in Te Awamutu, so I had to park quite a distance from the shops.  That little church you can see is where Stew and I got Married.  36 years ago now.  Gosh that's a lifetime ago.
Clearly I still love him. 😂

I did a little bit of sewing this afternoon.
Then Stew arrived home early so he could meet up with his mates at the local pub.  I drove him down as it is raining.
It's been raining almost all day.
I will pick him up again in a couple of hours.

I don't have any other plans for this evening.  Just another quiet night in front of the telly.

I ended up going over to Steve 'n' Bex's to pick up a few more crocheted tops.  Then I picked up Stew from the pub and we came home.
I sat and watched the telly and stitched the tops onto coin purses.
Now... Coronation Street will be on soon, then after that bed.
Catch ya tomorrow.


12 comments:

  1. I love reading about your adventures out and about. I so wish I could sew. I'm recently widowed and looking for a hobby. You're inspiring Miss Chris.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must be having a busy morning, enjoy your shopping/ browsing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely fabric. While we didn’t get married in that church (or any other church) it is our 38th wedding anniversary today

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:18 PM

    What a delightful post today. Lots of fun pictures and adventures. You might need to but that fabric shop! I think I have a piece of that graduated green fabric. I bought it in a couple different colors to use as a photo backdrop for little ceramics. It looks exactly the same. Of course, I don’t sew! I actually chuckled at the pic of the car getting gas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7:32 PM

    Hi looks like you had a very fruitful day!!! Peta

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omg the rain has picked up here tonight!! 😬

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww that little church is lovely! I grew up in Otorohanga so go past there quite often.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely day u had Chris

    ReplyDelete
  9. It sounds like a really lovely day you had 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kiwionholidays9:57 PM

    What scores you got,, at all the wee fabric places.
    Well done you,
    Love the various colours and patterns etc

    You’re probably sound asleep by now ,so catch up soon

    Cheers 🥂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol... its only 10 pm so no way I'm asleep yet!

      Delete
  11. Sounds like a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.