Wednesday, May 10, 2023

NEARLY DONE WITH THEM

 Well another wet day looms here.

So I won't be walking out and about for sure.

I might go to the mall for a quick walk before heading into the sewing room.


ABOVE:  What I got done yesterday.

There is only one more fish to go, plus the seaweed, motion lines etc.  So I really should get it done today.

Then I will make a couple more Glasses Cases and Coin Purses using some cute farmyard fabric.

MEH.  Just remembered I need to get some groceries in.  I'm going back to Pak 'n' Save, after swearing off that shop for ages.

But I'm over our local Countdown.  It's so poorly stocked I end up having to go to another supermarket to fill the gaps.  Then I end up spending way more than intended.  Derrr.

Stew went to Pak 'n' Save last weekend and said it was perfectly fine.  Cheaper too of course.

So yeah, heading there this morning, probably after my walk.


Ummm.. I lied.
I'm not going for a walk in Chartwell Square. 
I'm gunna go walking in Palmerston North!

ABOVE: I decided late last night to join these tarts for morning tea!
They didn't expect me at all. 

I left home at 5 am this morning. The weather was atrocious almost the entire way. But I got here just fine.

So there ya go. No sewing today.  🤣😅😊

ABOVE: This is Sandra's new puppy. Her name is Dede.  She's a bit of this 'n' that!  Very cute.

I forgot to say ... it took me exactly 5 hours to get here, with one piddle stop.

When I got to the coffee shop I could see Chris D at the counter ordering her coffee. Her back was to me, so I walked up behind her and tapped her on the shoulder, and said "I'll have a mocca thanks
". She literally did a double take! It was so funny. 
Then I went over to where Sandra was standing and got a lovely big hug from her too.
She said "What the fuck are you doing here? You're supposed to be in the mall having a walk!!!"

Then a bit later on Anne arrived and she was very surprised too.

It's now 6.38 pm. Lots of yakking this afternoon.  I'm now watching Chris D and Sandra do marching practice.  Back to Sandra's after this and an early night for me.
Bloody early starts... I don't really like them. But today was worth it. 😊😊😊

ABOVE: The marching girls... yeah marching. 

ABOVE: My dinner this evening  was a seafood chowder. Very nice.
Torrential rain here, just like at home.

Time to sign off for the day.
Catch ya tomorrow. 

NITE NITE.


19 comments:

  1. The black outlines seriously make the images POP.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:14 AM

    Have fun with your friends!
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:20 AM

    Yay for impromptu road trips!! Colleen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nawww, how lovely 😍

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, I wish you had taken a photo of their faces when you walked in :-). Have an awesome day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous1:58 PM

    That's brilliant!! Do have a fantastic time GM 💙💙

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great day you are having

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love doing sneaky things like that. I do it often actually. !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooh i love that!!! So cool ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rhonda6:16 PM

    Awe just lovely

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous6:48 PM

    No instead I get my photo taken with a mouthful of date scone and wind blown hair - but was smiling inside

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice work Chris! Bet it's great to catch up with your girls 💕

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awwwww how lovely it’s blimmin getting cold and snows expected now.
    So nice for you to be able to jet off and see your friends.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I’m sure you had a great catch up

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous10:04 PM

    What an awesome surprise Chris. Enjoy your time with them. Kj

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous10:16 PM

    How fun! The surprise element was the best part.
    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  17. How wonderful you got to spend time with your friends.

    ReplyDelete
  18. How fun! What's the marching group for?

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.