Sunday, April 30, 2023

A QUIET DAY

 Lying in bed... still tired as.

Today I'm just going to potter around. Get the cat wall hanging dowels done. Get some packaging to send them off first thing Monday. 

Possibly make a few more glasses cases and coin purses.

We are expecting utterly shit weather for the next few days. We really are not getting a break from it at all. 

But luckily, it should be over by next weekend. We have yet another market next Sunday! It's been one every weekend for a while now!


I decided to clean my sewing machine....

ABOVE: OMG! There's  no words to explain that except FUCK!
Clearly it's been a while.
Sorted now.

Stew and I are out 'n' about getting a few bits 'n' bobs. Groceries etc.
He's now in Super Cheap Autos looking for a cordless car vacum. 
I didn't go in the shop cos I'd want EVERYTHING. 

3.15 pm: How the hell did it get so late already?  I feel like it's only about 12.
*sigh*
We got home from the shops and I made us some lunch.  Rissoles and salad.  NO Carbs.
Then Stew did the dowel thingees for me, then he put together a shelving unit for the sewing room.


ABOVE:  There was a bit of huffing and puffing going on I tell ya!  He didn't enjoy that job at all.
And when bits came crashing down I had to move damn fast!
Crisis averted, he got it assembled just fine, after a bit of cussing.

ABOVE: This shelving unit has done the rounds!  It started life in the sewing room in Cambridge I think?  Then it's been in the garage, in the back shed, in the sunroom, outside with succulents on it, then back into the shed.  NOW finally, back in the sewing room!
Can't say it's not been used.

I'm in the sewing room finishing off an order, so it's ready for posting tomorrow.  Glasses cases and a coin purse for SM.

Once that's done, I'm going to put me feet up.  

8.46 pm:  Well I'm happy to say I got everything up to date in the sewing room.  Two orders will be going out tomorrow.
One order left, and there's no hurry on that one at all.

Been happy to sit an relax the past hour or so.  Just watching the telly, feet up, blankie on.
BLISS.
Catch ya tomorrow.

5 comments:

  1. You must be copping the same weather front that the east coast of Australia is expecting 😢

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish my husband could do DIY projects ... it is my Mum to the rescue for these things. Yesterday she was out hunting for a new cordless drill to buy (she's 76 years old and great at DIY). To be fair, my husband is good at technology stuff. I hope the storm weather being predicted up north isn't too bad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh the shelves are coming in handy that’s for sure. Wow that’s a dust nightmare in that sewing machine lol. But it’s a hard working sewing machine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4:51 PM

    My husband and I make a good team, I get the supplies and figure out the how and he does the labor. He helps my mom, myself and our daughter with diy projects.
    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a great man there Chris as you know lol

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.