Monday, May 29, 2023

IT'S MY FAVOURITE DAY

 Yaaa. It's Monday.  My favourite day of the week.

It's also my most productive day... when I do the bulk of the housework.  So why the hell do I like Mondays?  

It's crazy really.  I should hate it.  But I don't.

Maybe it's because for many, many years it was the day the kids went back to school?  lol

Who knows.  WHAT is YOUR favourite day of the week, and WHY?

Now, I have a photo of Sharon and me from last night:

ABOVE:  Sharon and I.... I love this girl.  She's such a kind hearted woman.  I think I've known her for as long as I've been blogging!   

ABOVE:  Our Marley usually barks at 'strangers', and then ignores them while they are here.

Not with Sharon.  Marley sat right beside her, on her feet even, the whole time she was here.  She just loved her.  So, so weird.  But lovely.

We have NEVER seen Marley be like that with anyone else, outside the family. 

Once I've done all my housework, I will get into the sewing room and work on this:

ABOVE:  My Duck Duck Goose Runner.  I can start the stitching today.  And as you all know, that is what 'makes' it come alive.
I am really looking forward to seeing this one finished.  
I reckon it's gunna be rather fun, and cute.


11.58 am:   Ha ha!  I totally forgot that Stew would be home today.  He took today off as he still has so many holidays left to use.  So, we decided to go to ... the bloody supermarket!
Yep.
The weather is rotten, so we decided to just stay home and enjoy being at home.

I wanted to find more crackers with LOW POINTS, but seriously, there's bugger all out there low in 'points, aka calories'.
So I'll stick to the few I already have.
We did find these:

ABOVE:  Low carb wraps.  Three points, so not a bad option at all.

ABOVE:  Our lunch today consisted of:
1 wrap = 3 points
1 Pork 'n' Apple Schnitzel = 5 points
Basis Pesto = half a point
Lettuce, onion, tomato = 0 points
2 Eggs (supposed to be 0 points), but I give them 1 point each.

So our 'wrap' was a full meal of 10.5 points.
That's really good. 

AND it was delicious.

Tonight I will be having some crackers/tomato/pesto.

The Basil Pesto is fantastic at adding flavour without huge calories/points.

It's now time to head off into the sewing room and start on the latest runner.
Stew is going to watch a movie or two this afternoon, and just enjoy his down time.

ABOVE:  2.20 pm...  Progress.  I'll be working on this for a bit longer yet.

ABOVE:  Well?  What do we think of 'Duck Duck  ...  Goose'?

6.50 pm:   Grrrr.   Got a nasty headache.  I've taken panadol to no avail.  I tried taking a nap, cos that sometimes works.
But no.
It's a doozy.
So I'm going to sign off for the day and try and get rid of it by taking more pills.  In two hours.
Catch ya tomorrow.


FROM...


9 comments:

  1. Very cute and you are so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:42 AM

    Duck duck goose - so cute!

    I disliked Sundays for many years. I would just get into the swing of things/everyone home, and then would be facing Monday.

    Now, kids grown, Sundays are fine.

    I think I like each day equally now. I have things organized so they work for me.

    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:17 AM

    That is so cute about Marley and Sharon, maybe Marley was trying to run away with her....lol...Peta

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:34 PM

    I am not sure about these for you, but works for us.

    Thin slices of raw sweet potato or cucumber or lettuce leaves as “holders” instead of crackers or bread.

    I also use cooked green beans instead of noodles a lot, like meat/sauce on green beans as spaghetti.

    We are big vegetable eaters, so for us, not weird.

    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous2:35 PM

    Your wrap looks good. I never thought about putting "runny" eggs inside a wrap, I'll have to try that as that is how I like my eggs. Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous4:53 PM

    Love the duck runner. Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous5:44 PM

    It is amazing how you bring those pieces of fabric to life and give each one a character…you are very gifted.
    And as for that wrap..well, it looks ‘well yummy’.
    Keep warm and enjoy your day!
    Wendyx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marley did love me, those eyes!
    I love duck duck goose…
    Samuel had a fabulous first day

    ReplyDelete
  9. That wrap is right up my alley. Yum.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.