Saturday, May 06, 2023

FISH FISH AND MORE FISH

 Today is supposed to be iffy weather, so we won't be going out and about.

Stew will do his little grocery shop, where he gets fresh fruit and veges. and diet coke for the following week.

I am going to work on the fish runner I was working on yesterday.

So it will be a fish... fish... fish day for me.

My stock is all ready for tomorrow's market, so if I don't finish the fish runner, it won't matter.

As for the market itself, this has become a total common theme of late.  WILL WE GO?

Is the weather going to be OK?

Seriously, it's been 7 months of goddam shitty weather, that has affected almost EVERY market we have done since November last year!

Tomorrow the weather is supposed to be 'Passing Showers'.  I have told Stew we need to go because the market it FULLY BOOKED and I've already paid the fee.

And we do have our extra Door/Wall to protect us and the stock from getting wet.

ABOVE: These are the latest three finished Coin Purse/Glasses Cases that I can now take to market.  I think there might be two more to add to my stock by tonight.  Then Bex will get a break as she has run out of the pop tops!

She's ordered more though.  Which is good as I have quite a few more waiting for tops.  😁😊😍 

So... back to now,  it will be a very boring day peeps!

I suggest ya bugger off and find something else to read.  

The only thing that's likely to follow this blurb is a photo or two as I get fish done.

UNLESS something unexpected happens of course.  😂


FORGET THE FISH... for now!

I've had a damn bright idea.  It just popped into my head and I am like, why the hell didn't I think of this earlier?

I've been feeling really guilty about taking up all of Bex's time making the tops for my Glasses Cases and Coin Purses.

I've had a couple of people tell me how (for want of a better word),  UNKIND I am expecting Bex to make the tops.   While Bex has said over and over again she's happy to do them, I still felt guilty.

So when I had this BRIGHT IDEA, I was really happy.

ABOVE:  I can KNIT the tops!  Then hand stitch them on to the fabric cases.  BOOM!!!
This is the first one I'm trying.
It might take a couple if tries to find out what stitch works best for the tops.  This is just a simple rib.  Let's see how it goes.

1.39 pm:  And we are just back from having lunch at Taco Bell.  Very nice it was too.

Then we stopped in at Steve 'n' Bex's so I could pick up some cotton to knit tops with.  (My cotton that I'd bought and given to Bex to use for the tops, just saying.)

Now home and I'm about to stitch the last top on a coin purse, that Bex made for me.

ABOVE:  On the left is a top Bex crocheted for me, and on the right is the top I just knitted.
Both look just fine.
I will knit more now that I know it works perfectly.  Might try a garter stitch one next.

The girls are having a play date at Steve 'n' Bex's, so we will go out again in a couple of hours to pick them up.

ABOVE:  And here is the last Coin Purse to show you in a while.

I just LOVE IT!  So cute.
Do I say 'cute' too often?
I feel like I do.  But come on, it is eh?

I've just made sure all our market stuff is ready for packing.  And now... it's finally back to...

FISH!

8.40 pm:  Well I sewed for the bulk of the afternoon.  Then cooked some chicken nibbles for our dinner.
And now I've been knitting a Case top.

Time to call it a day. 
Catch you tomorrow.

15 comments:

  1. I'm off to watch the grandies play soccer today. A morning game then a afternoon one. Rain expected this afternoon.
    Looking forward to seeing your fish runner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got my first chainsaw today! It's a little one. So hubby and I went out to trim the downed trees in order to clear our neglected trails. It was fun using the chainsaw - but I suspect my body parts will be protesting later today / tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chainsaws scare me! My Dad was a logger for over 40 years. I've seen a man who had a chainsaw kickback and injure him BADLY. They are mega dangerous things. PLEASE be careful, no matter how little it is, it's deadly.

      Delete
  3. The knitted thing will look great. I can already tell. But - is there even easier way to make it.... simply using fabric? I have not seen one of these in person - so not sure why the tops are different. I looked up glasses cases on etsy and they are all fabric. These are soooo cute. I think you could make boat loads of them if you didn't have to create the time consuming tops. Simplify Simplify Simplify.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried doing them with fabric on the top... OMG a nightmare to try and get them looking super tidy. Those metal snap closers are a horror to try and get fabric to fit over them. I gave up.

      Delete
    2. Interesting. I am clueless. I thought it would be easier - not harder!
      The word.... CUTE. Hubby told me NOT to call my new chainsaw cute. But it is CUTE!!!!! Apparently, cute is not tough enough for such a tool? HA! I love my cute little chainsaw!

      Delete
  4. Anonymous11:47 AM

    Lol stop feeling guilty like I keep saying I don't mind crocheting the tops for you. And other people shouldn't be telling you that it's not fair that I should be doing this for you. Honestly they don't take long and it's good to use up my cotton stash I have been building for no reason lol.
    Bex 🙂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous12:55 PM

      I thought that Bex would say exactly what she did say about crocheting the tops for you. You get on so well as MIL and DIL that it is very much give and take. I am sure she would tell you if she was too busy to do them - just don't make millions of them!! Audrey

      Delete
  5. How about a moss stitch? Can you explain why these tops work and you can't put the closure things on the actual fabric? I know you can't but I just want to understand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To get the fabric to roll over the metal strips, then sew it on is near impossible as the metal strips are so firm. And the metal bits stop the presser foot from travelling over the fabric properly, even using a zipper foot. I like a very tidy finish, and I just could not get them looking perfect.

      Delete
    2. Anonymous4:30 PM

      Did you look on YouTube to see if someone else figured out various ways to do it?

      I think the knitting looks good. And it will give you something different to do. Bonus - with your feet up, which is always a plus.

      Vickie

      Delete
  6. Moss stitch could look cool?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous11:18 PM

    The cow one looks so good - I think you are so clever to work it all out. The colours you have chosen are really attractive, bright and eye-catching. I'm doing interior house painting - boy I have to wear my glasses because otherwise the painting looks like a toddler did it. You made painting inside look so easy. Boy its not. Just getting up and down ladders makes you so stiff the next day. Tomorrow I'm doing doors.Maria (Australia)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous4:45 AM

    Just an idea. Skip to 4 minutes.
    https://youtu.be/lI4NoOw8Jkg

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous8:14 PM

    The purses look great. The coin purses would also be good gor earphones etc. Kj

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.