Tuesday, May 30, 2023

FISH CUSHIONS

 I have nothing 'pressing' on my agenda right now, so I think it's time I made the two fish cushions for my cousin Deb.

I've been putting it off, I don't know why.

So that's what I am going to work on today, and the next couple of days no doubt.

Stew is back at work today, so it's back to normal here.  Today is WW's, so hopefully I get a loss at weigh in.  I've been trying much harder this week to make better choices, and TRACK.

Maybe that change will do the trick?

I bloody hope so, I'm totally over the stagnation.

One of my Facebook friends suggested I do a Chicken Runner next.  So I've been looking a chicken pictures ... I reckon it would be another fun one to do.  So yeah, might do that after the fish cushions.

But for now... I will just stay here in bed a bit longer.


8.10 am:  And unexpectedly, I have Archer till lunchtime.  He's got a sore throat and can't go to school.  So Grandma has him while Bex works.
Which is fine, cos I'm home all day anyway.

Last night I was looking at the shoes I was wearing, I'm thrashing them because they are just so comfortable.
And I remembered some soft boots I have, but haven't worn in years because my calves were too big for them.

Hmmmm... wonder if they would fit me now?
So I got them out of my dressing room and tried them on.

ABOVE:  OMG! They fit again.  I'm so happy. They are not even tight. These boots are the most comfortable things to wear.  I just have to make sure Lacy doesn't nick them.  Purple is HER colour.  No way is she getting them.

In fact, I think I have about three more pairs of boots I should be trying on again.   It's boot season after all.

All my boots fit me.  Though it was only the purple ones that didn't to be fair.  I had just 'forgotten' about them, being far to used to living in freakin' sneakers.

ABOVE:  Because this little man is here, I've not been into the sewing room yet.  Plenty of time for that after he leaves.   Though, he's in 7th heaven, with the girls and his Chrome Book (kiddie Computer).  The girls just love having Archer here.  Marley is tuckered out from playing 'fetch the ball' with him.  😊😏

I have finished knitting all the tops for my current Cases.  Now I just need to stitch them on the bottoms.  There's 8 of them left to do, so might take me a couple of days, only doing them in the evenings.
I don't work in my sewing room in the evenings, I like to be in the house with Stewie.

Stew and I have decided to go out for an Indian dinner after I've been to Weight Watchers.  Kinda like a 'reward' for working hard at our diets this week.
Stew was starting to 'graze' at night again.  He'd get home from work, have a small dinner, then some fruit.  Then some nuts.  Then a piece of cheese, and so on.  I pointed it out to him and he has stopped doing that again.

So when he weighs himself next Saturday morning, he should have a loss again.  
He's doing so well, having lost something like 15 kilos, if not a bit more.
So very similar to my loss to date.

I LOST .900 grams.  Almost a kilo.  I'm happy with that.  I've now lost 17.1 kilos this time around, and I didn't even start back at Weight Watchers at my highest weight (in the past 4 years).  If that was the case, I'd have lost 23 kilos.

Now... I'm going to have a lovely Indian meal, then be good the rest of the week.

ABOVE:  Our dinner was amazing, as per usual.  We shared a Non-Vegetarian Platter then I ordered Butter Chicken and Stew ordered Chicken Tikka Masala.
90% of my Butter Chicken came home in a 'doggy bag'... cos I simply could not fit it in!
My ability to eat copious amounts is GONE.
And there is nothing wrong with that.

Now.... relax and watch telly.  Blankie on.  Feet up.  Might even get a hot water bottle too.

Catch ya tomorrow.

11 comments:

  1. Hey Ma, those boots are pretty kewl πŸ’œ
    #Lacy πŸ’œπŸ’™

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:48 AM

    Congrats on the boots!
    Shopping in your own closet, fun!
    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's the little wins like "new" boots that make it all worth while

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:04 AM

    Love that color purple!! I'd nicked them too. Ha Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:19 AM

    My daughter and I wear the same size shoes.

    We are both on a quest to wear out all the sandals and shoes in both our closets.

    We have been shopping each others closets. We have not bought any new pairs unless we wear out a particular need (like athletic shoes).

    It feels good to use up and reduce our volumes.
    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous3:21 PM

    Score on the boots ya must be doing well!! Try and keep focusing you'll be sweet as. Lacy keep your mitts off πŸ˜†GM πŸ’™πŸ’™

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous6:36 PM

    Great losses for both you and Stew !!! I am both impressed and jealous..lol. you can join the Redhatters as I have mentioned to you before....purple clothes and shoes and Red hats.....Peta

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, those boots are gorgeous 😍

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kiwionholidays9:46 PM

    Aww the wee man and the fur babies, what a photo to treasure ,One in one time with the wee ones goes down a treat when we have lotsa them,,πŸ•ΊπŸΏπŸ’―

    The Boots are amazing loving them colour is a fave here too πŸ’œ,,,soft leather is awesome

    I Know what Lacy is thinking lol I would be too cept I have small feet ,,,,so no chance for me πŸ˜€to share ,.but some of our daughters have same size shoes ,,,so can share, at least mine are safe at the front door,,

    Glad you enjoyed the Indiandinner , Love their vegetable Korma

    Hey great on the weight loss ,,,,,every bit counts so you’re doing great πŸ‘

    Cheers πŸ₯‚

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous1:57 AM

    Out of curiosity, what is in the Non-Vegetarian Platter? And is the picture you posted the Butter Chicken and the Chicken Tikka Masala or the non-vegetarian platter? I love Indian food and haven't been to a true Indian restaurant in 2 years....which is sad. ;-) Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  11. hello hello hello hello hello !
    I have been traveling and missed about a week of your blog. I have returned and just got all caught up. (reading in reverse) So just wanted to say 5 or so hellos - since I last read! Those boots are awesome and make your legs look great!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.