Tuesday, May 16, 2023

A BIT MORE

 Late yesterday afternoon I decided to do a bit more sewing.

But not my 'normal' sewing.

I took in that black and white striped top I was wearing on Sunday.  By 8 INCHES.

Then I had another go at me bras.  I'd already taken in the 'circumference' of them.

Yesterday I had a go at the 'cups'.

I think I did rather well!  I put a seam where there was no seam before, and it worked.

I have now staved off buying new bras for a bit longer.  SCORE.

I really don't want to get new ones until I'm where I want to be, weight/boob wise.


ABOVE:  I think that although I've not lost any more weight lately, it's settled.  I am happy to maintain the current loss for now.

It means it will STAY OFF.  I am hoping that by upping my exercise and using the pre-cooked WW meals, and similar meals, I will start losing again soon.

Today's plan is to fold up all the washing I got done yesterday, get on the treadmill again, and then make supper for Card Night.

Which is HERE.  I'm not expecting many, as per.


11 am:  Well I don't think Cards will be at mine tonight.
Seems coming over to Hamilton is a hard NO for most.  So I've asked them to change the venue if possible, so more will attend this evening.  Fingers crossed that helps bump up the numbers.  It would be sad if it didn't go ahead simply because I cancel.

Luckily what I've made for supper can easily be eaten for our dinner and lunch tomorrow.
IF I don't end up going over to Cambridge for cards instead.

I'm having an utterly lazy day today!  I'm not sewing.  I have no housework to do (well, anything I want to do!) and it's really cold.  Best to snuggle up with a blankie and watch something on Netflix.

ABOVE:  The 'sunroom' this morning.  The flooring is just decking as it used to be an outdoor deck.  It's totally enclosed and secure now, but still a decking floor!  FREEZING in there.

ABOVE:  It is now 11.15 am, and we still have fog! Fog is the worst cos it just creeps into ya bones and keeps you cold.  I hate fog.  Hence sitting inside with a blankie on. 😊

Yummmmm.... looks like Stew and I will be having delicious, home made club sandwiches for our dinner, and lunch tomorrow.  
CARD NIGHT IS CANCELLED.  
And I am NEVER going to offer to host again.

Looks like the sun has finally come out!  Still cold.  Still sitting wrapped up in me blankie. 

2.20 pm and I'm finally warming up!  I'm like a lizard, can't get going till I'm warm.

I might just cut up some club sandwiches, so I can take a couple to my Weight Watchers meeting.
I was just gunna do a 'Weigh and Go', but now I can stay for the whole meeting.  I might as well have my 'dinner' there.  Can't wait.

OH and I think I will be having a LOSS this week.  About bloody time things started heading down again.  Even though I was/am perfectly happy maintaining, a loss is always good. πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜‰πŸ˜Œ

I did it. Finally a loss again. Down 1.5 kgs. That means I am the lowest I've been in a long, long time. YEARS in fact. 

So relieved after my good weigh in tonight.  Made my day.  Perhaps I've broken the drought and am on my way again?

I've got a thumping headache now though, probably from not drinking enough today.  I was so cold, drinking cold diet coke just did not appeal.
Oh well... making up for it now.

Catch ya tomorrow.


FROM



21 comments:

  1. Wow! Sewing in your clothes has made a great difference. When your clothes fit better you feel more confident right :-) you are such a clever chick!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kmart has some good cheap bras if you want some new ones, while losing weight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woop woop!! Thats really awesome πŸ‘Œ πŸ‘

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on the clothing alterations! Perhaps get a couple of cheap bras for now anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhh that makes a lot of difference and yes your bum is looking much smaller.
    Lovely family pictures from the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous10:43 AM

    The clothing alteration is so worth it - shows all the success and keeping it off is just as important as continually losing. To consolidate your new habits and get into a new rhythm. I read that a walk of 10-15 minutes after each meal is also beneficial for those with diabetes to help with blood glucose levels - so it might be something to consider ( a pain in the butt to do - but could be helpful more from a health point of view). I have a rebounder now and a step up step - so I am doing this just for 5 mins plus after meals and trying to build from there to 15 minutes in addition to a longer walk in the afternoon outside which is more enjoyable. Maria (Australia)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous1:13 PM

    I'm sorry people can't make the effort to drive the 20ish minutes from cambridge to hamilton - currently living in melbourne, that seems such a short distance and time to get somewhere! is it driving at night people don't like? would they do a card afternoon instead?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Afternoons wouldn't suit those who work. Yeah it's just the night travel that peeps don't seem to like... at least to Hamilton anyway. Maybe it's me? I dunno. I am not going any more. I'm done with it. I always make the effort and go over there, and I always try to take a lovely supper too. Never mind.

      Delete
  8. Funny isn't it how its ok u drive to Cambridge but for them to come to u different story surely they could car pool as u say strange.!
    I see Jenny Craig has gone caput.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent result with the weight!!! Bloody brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kiwionholidays8:12 PM

    Nice catch up again and a fab weight loss

    πŸ₯‚Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yaaa Karina, you can comment again. Did you see all the photos of the Mount on Sunday?

      Delete
  11. A bit rude that the card ladies can’t be bothered to visit you. As hubby used to say about his sister, it’s just as far for them to travel as it is for us
    Great news on the weight loss

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous9:27 PM

    Is there an herbal tea that would have the right flavor for you? Hot but no sugar? There are a lot of flavors out there, one might good.

    I am the one that drinks hot water (I know that will not appeal to you). The heat does wonders for me. (I have a terrible pee problem, having to go constantly and urgently and having to get up in the night, if I drink anything other than water.)

    Congrats on the loss.

    Sorry about your cards group. I was in one for about 15 years that eventually just died out. It has been gone for over 20 years now, but I still miss it a little. But it was a lot of work to host, and I do not miss that.

    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous9:38 PM

    Yes thanks I did They were awesome ,,,,can always read the page but sometimes the reply to here won’t hit the 🎯 target back to yours πŸ₯πŸ‘

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on the weight loss! It's interessting to see how the trimmed up shirt makes you look slimmer. I always do the WRONG thing and wear enormous clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a difference a couple of seams make, you look great. Congrats on the weight loss. Don't blame you for not going to card night, I would stay home too. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well done on the WW loss. Too bad about card night.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's a bummer on the cards night :( We get bad fog here being next to the river too. Your shirt looks nice taken in. I need to do that with some that my friend gave me so they look nicer. WTG on the weight loss too!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.