Monday, July 03, 2023

KIDS TODAY

 No sewing today.  I have Emily and Liam for the day.

Something tells me we might end up baking cookies or a cake.  Cos well... that would be fun right?

Then we might end up at McDonald's for lunch.  Or Sushi.

Anything to keep me from throttling them!  lol  (joking of course)

ABOVE:  Just in case you missed the 'reveal' video of this runner yesterday (well worth a watch btw), here it is as a still photo.  It became a fantastic Pink cos well... I ran outta black!  Someone will love it, cos I do.

If I do indeed go out with the kids, I will stop into Spotlight for more black fabric for the runners.

NOT that I intend making any more for the time being.  Shit, I will have egg on me face if they don't sell eh?  I've now got 8 ready for market, that is enough.

They were really fun to make I must say.  They never really came together and looked amazing until they were 100% finished.  I loved seeing them finished.  

I have some homework to do on baths.  This house was built with a bath on the house plans, but they never put one in.

ABOVE:  The 'wet room', it has a shower and a vanity.  I want a bath where there is one shown on the house plans.

I am really missing being able to take a nice, deep, hot soak.  I thought I wanted to get a spa pool for that reason, but really, all we need is a nice bath.  So, I'm going to be checking out options, sizes that will fit in the gap in the wet room and so on.  

That will be our last house alteration.  I hope to get it done by the end of the year.  Luckily, I've not done anything in that wet room yet!  So nothing has to be 'undone'.

Now, back to today.  I better get out of bed, I think the kids will be arriving fairly early.

6.56 am. Just got a message from Amanda. Kids not coming over today after all.  So that means... I get to stay in bed a bit longer. YAAAaaaaa!

7.20 am. And just like that, I'm now having Dante and Archer! Dante is sick and can't go to the babysitters. So I get them for the morning instead. Lol

Seems I was meant to have kids today.

ABOVE: Hmmmm.... kids now days.
I thought about baking, but seems I really don't have much in the way of baking ingredients in the house.  Unless ya want scones.
And these boys are not big fans of scones.

So I might just have to find paper and felts/colouring in pencils if they get bored. 

Do ya think they will get bored Chris?  NOPE.

I'm safe.

WTF?  ANON:  I'm happy you didn't sign your name.
As if I would do NOTHING with my grandchildren, and just leave them to their own devices.

I should NOT have to defend myself to a piece of shit like YOU... but because you accused me of negligence:

ABOVE: They have craft activities.

ABOVE:  They have age appropriate games.
And they have ME.  
Who loves them to the moon and back.  

Go fucking annoy someone else.  ARESHOLE.

ABOVE: This kid is having a ball.

ABOVE:  Meanwhile, these two are taking a nap.
Dante has a low grade temperature, been keeping an eye on it.  edit:  38.3 down to 38.1, so not alarming.
Bex can give him more Paracetamol when she gets him home.  I don't have any for kids right now.  I think I probably should have some on hand, or next time, get Bex to bring hers over.

ABOVE:  I just can't do NOTHING... so I have lined up the next Braid Runner to work on.
Once the boys leave, I shall cut the bits out ready for sewing.

I think Braid Runners are going to feature HEAVILY in my stall from now on.  Shit they better sell!

6.19 pm:  Gosh sorry I've been absent this afternoon.  I had the boys till after 1, and Lacy arrived and fed herself left over Surimi Salad.
Once they had all gone, I went straight into the sewing room to get moving on my next runner.

Then... well I stayed there until Stew arrived home.

Now?  It's put me feet up time.  It's cooled down inside the house since I turned the heat pump off.  So it's going back on!
Stuff freezing. 

And that's me for the day.  I'll catch ya tomorrow, with a photo of the latest runner.  It's GORGEOUS.  (they all are of course!  lol)

13 comments:

  1. Bonus! Headphones. So YOU don't have to listen to a ruckus all day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:03 AM

    I am a bath person. I could not live in a house without a tub. I have arthritis (everywhere) and hot water does wonders.

    I take showers to shampoo and soap. I tub soak nearly every day.

    Suggestion - think about aging in the style you select. The ones I see on home shows are beautiful but have no where to hang on when getting in and out. And they look very slippery.

    Mine has a wide enough edge that in future years I can sit and swing my legs over. There is also a strong grab bar mounted on the wall that I use (now) when stepping over the edge.

    My tub has a handheld sprayer in addition to the regular faucet. Highly recommend.

    One of my daughters comes over and scrubs the tub (deep clean) once a month. I do not use shampoo or soap in the tub so it stays cleaner.

    I also have a grab bar inside the walk in shower and outside the walk in shower, even though there is only a 4” lip.

    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Dante no fair being sick when its not a school day..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rhonda1:24 PM

    Will follow your bath research with interest, especially what you do decide on. Your runners are just amazing. You are very very clever. It is very clear you are a loving grandmother and even clearer your beautiful grandchildren love being with you! Perfect response you gave to ANON! Have a great day 💕💕

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am extremely confused. For one thing, I really wish I knew the metric system. Sooooo stupid that the entire world (except us) use a very logical system. But Americans prefer a bunch of weird disjointed systems based on the feet of old men and goodness only knows where our temps come from... But, I digress. When I convert Dante's temp it comes to almost BOILING. What is considered a "normal" temp in C.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No - that's too low. 98 F is normal-ish. from the web "The average normal body temperature is generally accepted as 98.6°F (37°C). Some studies have shown that the "normal" body temperature can have a wide range, from 97°F (36.1°C) to 99°F (37.2°C).

      Delete
    2. Sorry, I had the numbers around the wrong way! 38 Degrees not 83!!!

      Delete
    3. I have no idea what a temp of 83 is? Chris, did you get that wrong? If in C it should be around 37 and if F 98.6. Not sure what 83 is :)

      Delete
    4. *lol* yep, I transposed the numbers. Derrr. 38.3 is how it was meant to read.

      Delete
    5. You rarely have typos! But..... this makes a lot more sense! Glad the child is not literally freezing or boiling! Phew! Still wish America would join the modern world and adopt metric. I remember being a kid in grade school and the teacher was all excited telling us about metric and that soon the entire world would be using it. And we (my classmates) were at the perfect age to learn it and grow up with it.... I don't think I ever heard of it again. It's like we have blinders on. So embarrassing and stupid! the U.S, Liberia, and Myanmar are holding out.... why? Does our system make any sense whatsoever? NOT AT ALL! My goodness!

      Delete
  6. Leeann2:34 PM

    Gosh what an arse saying you wouldnt do anything with the boys. Your love for them is so obvious! The runners are beautiful I hope they sell well. The pink one would make a lovely topper for a barbie girls dresser!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still think you should make pillow cases with all the grandkiddos. They could choose the fabric. We did that with our son. He had a rocket ship pillow case! The back could be plain (if you have excess). Or two diff fabrics on front and back. Dinosaurs and rockets?????? Pokemon? A favorite color? Ok OK.... I have caused enough ruckus today. Nighty Night! I will bother you again in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Does "Anon" think that you have to entertain the kids every second they are there??? FFS they are all old enough to amuse themselves, they have toys & games and imaginations.

    I reckon those runners will "run" off your tall at the next market :-)

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.