Monday, July 10, 2023

THIS IS LOVELY

 I was rummaging through my fabric stash on the weekend, trying to decide what to make next.

I had already tried putting lots of small fabric squares together in a different pattern, for a runner.

Looked horrid.  I simply refuse to make ANYTHING that I don't like, or wouldn't be happy to have in my home.  

It's my internal integrity at work.

Then ... I found this:

ABOVE:  Very 'kiwiana-ish' ... and I fell in love with it.   I knew what I would do with it straight away.  

So, I am going to work on that today.

I've also got an 'order' from Emily... a small Kiwiana Braid Runner.  And a Christmas Pillow Case for Liam.

So, plenty to be going on with.

But first... housework.  Normal Monday routine.


8.20 am:  no sleep/lie in today.  Dante and Archer are here, as this time it's Archer who has a high temperature and a budding cold.

So, I'm going to sew for a little while, then spend some time with them. 
I might even get that walk in this afternoon.  Depends on what Lacy is doing.


As a parent of a few kids, you encounter some 'interesting' behaviours from time to time.
One of our kids  gave us more grief than all of the others put together for quite some years.
It caused a lot of stress.  

Most of the behaviours exhibited were to gain individual attention, and drove us nuts.  Without going into too much detail here, it involved a lot of SHIT.  Literally.  Dirty, disgusting behaviour for YEARS.

We had to seek the advice of Doctors, Psychiatrists and the Child Development Unit at Waikato Hospital over a few years, to no avail at the end of the day.

So, you often think, I hope when you have kids they turn out JUST LIKE YOU.  So you have to put up with what we had to put up with.
Seems my wish has come true.

So happy, it's like retribution.  I hope she continues to drive them nuts.  NO names have been mentioned right?  Yeah.

edit :  YES PEEPS, it's called KARMA.  

The above is called 'VENTING'.  Getting it out there.  Airing the tea.  Whatever. Down here for posterity.
Cos I just have to say, ha fucking ha.

And NO, it's not about Lacy!  She is many things, but she was a normal child. Thank God.

It must be a cold day in hell... NEVER say never.


ABOVE:  OMG!   A black and white Braid Runner!
And while it is nice, it's not my cuppa tea at all.
Someone better buy it!

I have 3 more pieces of that inner kiwiana fabric.  I think I will use it, but add a bit of colour into the next ones.  Maybe just some blue?

But not today.  I'm done for the day with sewing.  

Make a black and white one they said.  It will be so popular they said.  It will sell they said.
AND IT DID!!!! 

I posted it here and on Facebook and it sold on Facebook in about 3 minutes flat!
WOW.
Now, obviously, I will have to make a couple more.  😂😊

Before Saturday.   Guess what I'm doing later?  Yeah.

7.12 pm:  I cut out two more runners using the Black 'n' White theme.  I shall be working on them tomorrow.

Just had dinner with Stew.  Watching the telly.
Enjoying the evening.  Catch ya tomorrow.

10 comments:

  1. It's Karma and it will always come back and bite the ones that deserve it the most. What fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh heck I almost spat out my milo on that one......normal lol....oh no lol
    #Lacy 💙💜

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:51 PM

    I do like that runner Chris, not in my house though. 😂 I can see it suited to a lot of modern homes A great way to show off the fabric
    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the black and white runner. A lot of people do their decor in black. You should do one in purple,but I know Lacy would want it! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes 👍 spot on there Laurie 😁
      #Lacy 💙💜

      Delete
  5. Anonymous4:02 PM

    I'm still laughing at you making a black and white runner... and then to say it SOLD so quickly? Too funny, you'll have to make more now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous5:39 PM

    Wow! The black runner is lovely and I am not surprised that it sold so quickly. The others are gorgeous, too.
    Lots of homes here in the UK have grey decor so the black would go well.
    I love seeing your creations…and reading your vents!
    You tell it how it is.
    Wendy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I do try to keep the 'vents' to a bare minimum. lol

      Delete
  7. Anonymous7:15 PM

    I knew a black/white/grey runner would be popular!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved the black and white runner, I would have bought it.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.