Wednesday, July 19, 2023

MAKING MINE TODAY

 Today I am making MY Braid Runner.

The one that will go on our dining table.

I thought I would need to make 2-3 'centre' blocks, but nope.  I put a Braid Runner already made on the table yesterday, and could see straight away that I don't need to.

It helped that I've taken the really big blue glass bottle off the table.  It would have covered the centre block completely.

So today's job is my runner.  I will be making it a little wider than the other ones, cos I want it to cover more of my table.

I'm really excited now that I've decided to make one for US.

ABOVE:  This is the centre block for my runner.  It took me quite a while to work out how to 'fussy cut' it, so I got all the elements of the fabric in my block.  It is such a stunning fabric!


ABOVE:  I got three runner tops ready for quilting yesterday, so I will be working on them in the next couple of days, as well as my own one.

Around midday I am planning on taking myself off for a walk. It might only be a short one, but I want to break up sewing days with some purposeful exercise.  

So, that's my plan for the day.  On top of doing some housework first thing of course.  Housework never ends eh.

12.30 pm:

First up for the day, I did some fluffing around in the house.  Tidied up my 'dressing room/wardrobe' so I could  move around in there a bit easier.

ABOVE:  I found these.  The shawl my Grandmother made for me when I was pregnant with Amanda!  It has been used for all my children, and almost all of my grandchildren.

The little baby gown was made by Stew's Mum for when I was pregnant with Steve.  It has also been used quite a bit.

There's actually 3 of them.  Bex already has two of them. 

Both baby items are extra special to me.

I will most likely give the shawl to Bex for their next baby's use.

Then it will come back to me.

After the fluffing around, I went to Spotlight for some black fabric for the runners.

ABOVE:  I have spent about 90 minutes cutting out all the fabrics for my runner.  Now it's ready for sewing.
But first, a small walk and some lunch.

Lunch today is going to be: Cauliflower/Broccoli/Peas/Onions and gravy.
Trying to switch things up with the 'diet'.
I will have some protein for dinner.

WALK - tick
LUNCH - tick

My runners top done - tick.

ABOVE:  Not finished yet, but you can see how it will look on my table.
I put one extension back in the table, so the runner looks great on it.
I am not so sure about the green fabric in the middle... I might have to applique over it. It doesn't jell with me.  I will keep it on the table unfinished for now and get others opinions.
What do you think?
Keep it, or cover it?

Lacy came over.  She immediately spotted another massive mistake I'd made with my runner!
More on that... tomorrow.

She is a fan of the green strips in the middle.  I'm not.
Also, more on that... tomorrow.

For now, I'm knackered.  I've had a long day in the sewing room, walking, bla bla bla.

I am looking forward to a quiet evening.

8.10 pm:  Ha ha!  Watching Blankety Blank.  Funny show.  Looking forward to Coronation Street, then BED.  I'm bloody tired.

Headachy too.  Just need a good night's sleep and I'll be all good.

20 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:07 AM

    Beautiful. Looks like stained glass windows.
    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am on the mend! Happy Happy Joy Joy....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your runner centre very you...hope you are enjoying your walk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:11 PM

    Have you considered buying a bolt of black fabric ?
    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Leave the green, it makes it pop, seen it in real life looks good.
    #Lacy 💙💜

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is gorgeous! I agree with Lacy. Love the green.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Before I read your question I fell in love with the runner but didn't like the green

    ReplyDelete
  8. Leave it, love the green. I agree with Lacy, it makes it "pop".

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous4:22 PM

    I think the green sort of sticks out and looks out of place

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous4:45 PM

    Not a fan of the green. It jars with the rest. X x Roz

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous5:35 PM

    I agree with you Chris, the green isn't right in this runner. Helen in France.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous5:47 PM

    The green really does ‘pop’ but the blues are so pretty I can’t decide if I like the green or not.
    5 bars on one side and 7 on the other? You poor thing how incredibly frustrating!

    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous5:56 PM

    I dont mind the green but would prob unstitch it and put a different colour in.
    I can see the other mistake as well - guessing unstitching is in your future! how annoying!
    love the colours tho and works so well on your table

    ReplyDelete
  14. I’m either or for the green and one side missing matching stripes x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous8:23 PM

    If you are taking it apart to fix green and makes sides equal, maybe consider shortening it so you do not have to leave the extra leaf in your table.
    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the runner, but not the green. X

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yes, my immediate thought was the green doesn't go, sorry. I wouldn't have mentioned it if you hadn't said something,

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, and I can see the massive mistake on that runner...!! I hope it's the one Lacy could see.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anonymous2:28 AM

    Mornin' - I am not a fan of the green in your runner. I like the fabric, but not where it is. Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  20. I can't see the mistake lol.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.