Friday, July 14, 2023

PUBLIC HOLIDAY

 Morning!

It's a Public Holiday today, so Stew is home with me.

Once we drag ourselves outta bed, we plan on joining Lacy for a walk around the Hamilton Lake.

Depending on the weather of course.  If it's pissing down with rain, you can forget it! 

But according to the forecast, it's only supposed to be cloudy for the next few days.  (fingers crossed)

It will get me out of the sewing room, which is a good thing. 

I am very appreciative of all the lovely comments I've been getting on here and Facebook about my Braid Runners.  It's so nice to know my friends like them that much.

I'm pretty sure Stew expects me to make another one today.  I don't want to!  I really do need a break.

Tomorrow we have the Tamahere Market, and I want to feel rested before that.

So I am going to STAY OUT of the sewing room.

Hopefully I'll be back a bit later on with some nice lake photos.  Or just walk photos, you know, feet, sneakers, Lacy in her shorts, lol.

11.50 am: 

What a lovely morning!  After having a neat lie in, we got up and took ourselves off for a walk around the lake with Lacy.

ABOVE:  Yep, shorts in the middle of winter.  There was a cool South/Westerly wind blowing.

ABOVE:  Marley made me so proud.
She's a true 'bird dog'.  She chased them all.






ABOVE: This was just after Marley jumped in trying to catch those 'uncooked chooks'!  I managed to drag her back onto the dock before she went completely into the water.

ABOVE:  "Come on Marley, time to go."
That was a firm "NO".  😂😅😊

ABOVE:  OMG, more uncooked 'chooks'!  

'
ABOVE:  Nestled back in the car.. no 'chooks' harmed.  Dammit said Marley.

We just had Brunch, just left overs from the last couple of days.
Now?  Chill out for a little while, then I am thinking of making a runner for myself!
Like this one:

ABOVE:  I absolutely LOVE this one, it's my favourite.
I want one like it, but longer for our dining table.
So, that's my next project, something for ME.

Remember that Braid Runner I made yesterday, with the coloured Kiwiana Fabrics and Black 'n' White?
Yeah... my friend from Cambridge came over this afternoon to pick up her Black 'n' White Runner, and...
ABOVE:  She did a U Turn, and decided to take yesterday's runner instead.  lol
Now I will have to make another one or two of them, cos it was very popular in me comments, both here and on Facebook.

Mid afternoon I decided to try and work out how to get 3 'centre' pieces on a Braid Runner.
So I can have an extra long runner on my dining table, with pretty centre pieces you can see, cos obviously the very middle one will have my big glass jar on it.  I'm happy to say I worked it out.
And in the process, I now how Emily's Christmas Present made!   I'll show you tomorrow.

Right now, Stew and I are going to pack the car in readiness for tomorrow's market.  
Then have a quiet evening I hope.

9.22 pm:  well as I predicted, we had a very quiet evening.  Off to bed soon as we have a very early start in the morning.  
Catch ya tomorrow.  At Market.

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:34 AM

    Enjoy your walk! Hope you get the day out of the sewing room as needed. I'm going ti be at my desk writing all day, once I have down school drop off and been to assembly! Happy Matariki Day, of that is a thing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful day here in Christchurch too ... I'm sure there will be lots of families getting out and about. Great to see your new runners are so popular ... hopefully you sell lots more at this weekend's market.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:20 PM

    That one is my favorite for colors. Your friend chose wisely. ;-) Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kiwionholidays8:28 PM

    A bit late reading today but what a neat day out you all had
    Loving all the photos

    Onya Lacy with the shorts 👍🥝n fitness levels as well you guys have as a family
    The runners are Tops so many different ones, something for everyone’s tastes,,,,


    Loved the wee chaser,,,,, Shes super cute
    All the best for the markets
    Travel safe and take care


    Cheers 🥂

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:46 PM

    Knock on wood, great weather for market and a lovely, social day.
    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the way kiwis are so original. Look at your crafting! And Lacy's shorts and Stews short sleeves in mid winter. My brother wears shorts and jandals all year round.
    Go kiwis

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marley said "LET ME AT EM!"

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.