Monday, July 24, 2023

THAT WORKED

 While Stew was outside in the yard on Saturday afternoon, he found the poker that came with our brazier.

He immediately knew what to do with it:


ABOVE:  it became the 'rail' for the Braid Runner to hang on.


ABOVE: Of course I had to hang the runner up to see how it looked.

I absolutely love how it looks on the wall!  And the hooks and rod look awesome too.

When it's on the table, I might hang something else on the rod.  Not sure what yet though.

Looking at the photo above... I can see I need to centre that painting.  It's 'off' now that the hanging rod is there.

I've got a bit of housework to do today... my usual 'do all the jobs' day.
CATCH YA LATER.


9.15 am:  OMG it is so cold this morning.

ABOVE:  We have an absolute pea soup of a fog this morning.  It will probably hang around until this afternoon.
It just makes the day so cold and dreary.
I stayed in bed until 8.30, cos I simply didn't want to get up and face the cold.
As it is, my hands are frozen.
I'm in my sewing room with the heater on, waiting to actually warm up.
I can't function when I'm this cold.

I know it's not as cold as some places can get, but it's what you are used to that counts.  Here, really cold is anything under 10 degrees C.  It is 9 degrees C inside MY HOUSE.  That's 48 degrees F for you fullas that are still in the dark ages!  lol

So, until it warms up in here, I'm sitting under the heat pump.

I have managed to get another large Braid Runner finished today.  No point showing you, it's very similar to the last few.

Then I had some lunch.  I had a couple of the beef rissoles I made last night.

BIG MISTAKE.  OMG I'm suffering from acid reflux something rotten!!!  What was I thinking?  I should have known they were too rich for lunchtime.  

Weird how they didn't upset my stomach last night?  😟😕😖

After lunch I decided to make a smaller Braid Runner.... about 2/3rds the size of the previous 21.  (TWENTY ONE!!!)

ABOVE:  Just as gorgeous as the slightly bigger ones.  It measures about 1 m X 45 cm.

Apart from sewing, I've spent a good portion of my time online, trying to source more of the Kaffe Fassett fabric that I used the most.  
That would be the Multi Coloured Blue spotty one that is in the border of that runner (above).
I think I have tracked some down in Christchurch.
Fingers crossed they can find it in the shop and send it to me asap.
They have just relocated, so are in a tizz right now... I'm hoping they do find it, cos there's virtually none in the country.

And I do NOT want to order from overseas.  What with currency exchange rates, and postage, it makes it virtually three times the price to get it here.  

One of the disadvantages of living at the bottom of the bloody world!  Though in saying that, I'd rather be here than anywhere else thank you very much.

I stopped sewing around 4.30 as I was feeling really tired and unwell.
I was making stupid mistakes, having to unpick several times.  It was clearly time to stop.

I came inside, turned on the heater, blanket on, heat pod on me knees, panadol on board, Losec on board  ... BOOM.
Much better.

It's going to be a quiet evening... just how we like it.
Time to say...


CATCH YA TOMORROW

11 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:51 AM

    Don't you just love it when things work out that way? It all looks great. Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. What the heck, girl! I can spend the night in a tent in a foot of snow! But - Jeez! I would turn up the HEAT if it was that cold IN MY HOUSE! Heat up rice bags, put on the fuzzy shirt, crank the heat. Perhaps a WARM drink?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:46 AM

    The wall hanger and runner look fabulous....why don't you turn the heater on? Peta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I have! I'm not gunna freeze.

      Delete
  4. Anonymous11:23 AM

    We live in a definite cold/hot climate. Our furnace is on automatic all winter. Ditto with our air conditioning all summer.

    So the inside temperature (for us) is constant during each season. I also need the filtering of the system, to prevent asthma/allergy problems. I am not an open window person.

    The moderate climate method (with central air/heat uncommon in most homes) seems strange to us, but I know it is normal where you live.

    My son and his wife live in a moderate climate also/like you. No central heat. They are like you, turning heat on only when they are very cold, for a short time.

    They do not have central air conditioning either, they have a window unit in their bedroom only, so they can sleep.

    We have to time our visits to them very carefully. I cannot be there when there is any chance of smoke from forest fires or heat/cold.

    The hanger is BEAUTIFUL with the runner, what a great display piece.

    Vickie


    ReplyDelete
  5. Love love love the runner rail

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12:24 PM

    I could not function in a 48 degree home, day or night. Heat wise, during the winter, I set the thermostat on 70 and at night 65. You hang in there!! Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are in the dark ages. Eye roll.

    ReplyDelete
  8. SORRY AN0N, I managed to delete your comment by mistake. Here it is:

    Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "THAT WORKED":

    It will costing you way more to heat your home from that temp than to keep it at an even temp of like 17, then you only have to increase by a few degrees to keep yourself cozy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Icy cold here this morning too but it turned into a lovely day. 4pm now and I've closed the house up and I've just lit the fire as a chill is now in the air.
    Love the runner hanger. 😍

    ReplyDelete
  10. 10c is about my limit too. Keep warm.
    And rejoice that you're at the bottom of the world well away from all the crap up here.
    Gorgeous runners . As usual lol

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.