Friday, July 21, 2023

THE GIRLS WON!


ABOVE:  THE FOOTBALL FERNS HAVE MADE HISTORY, BEATING NORWAY 1-0 TO WIN THEIR FIRST WORLD CUP MATCH AT EDEN PARK IN FRONT OF A RECORD CROWD OF 42,137.

Last night Stew and I stayed down at the pub with some friends and watched the FIFA WORLD CUP game.  It was the first game of the tournament, and most surprisingly, we won!

I am not a sports minded person, but I did enjoy watching that game.  It was very tense in the final minutes, with the Ref not calling the game over for bloody ages.

It was almost like she was trying to give Norway a chance to score a try?  edit : GOAL  

Didn't work.  Our girls won.

ABOVE: I hope they continue to do well.  I have me New Zealand Flag to wave!  lol

Now, back to today.

I will show you my Braid Runner, cos even though you have seen it before, it's properly finished now.


ABOVE:  Usually these runners are approximately 1.5 metres long.  Mine is 2.2 metres long, and about 10 cm wider as well.

I love it of course, and am so happy we have one of our own, even though we didn't 'need' another runner.  Who's counting eh?

Now that I've finished ours, I have three more in the same colour way to finish.

So I will work on them today. Thankfully none of them have the green fabric in them. 

I will probably go for a short walk around midday, just in my neighbourhood.


My thoughts about situations that we can all find ourselves in.  It's been doing the rounds in my head for a very long time.

When someone you care about does something to hurt you deliberately, you struggle to get over it.

When someone who means NOTHING to you does something to hurt you, if flows off you,  like water off a ducks back.

THAT is the best feeling in the world.  And I laugh and laugh cos it is so freeing.  

The only way someone can hurt you is if you let them.  

Walk away.  BLOCK.  Cut all ties. Distance yourself.  Never even think about them.

Best feeling ever.

I have been pottering around in the house this morning, not really getting much done.  Just little jobs  here and there.
I might even keep doing that and leave the sewing for another day.
I'm all sewn out.  😊

What are you up to?  Did anyone watch the Fifa Game last night? Did you enjoy it?  Did you get your eardrums blasted out when the girls scored that goal?  I sure did!  

2.39 pm:  I've spent quite a bit of time in the sewing room. 
Doing 'housework'.
Vacuuming.
Tidying.
Found a few things I'd forgotten I had!

ABOVE:  I went through my black and white scrap bin.  And hauled out all these pieces.  They can be used for the thin strips on Braid Runners.
Waste not, want not eh?
It means a bit of dicking around, but will be worth it to use it all up.

ABOVE: Then I found these placemats that my Mum gave me a few years ago.  They deserved a place to be.  So up they went on the wall.


ABOVE:  Might have leaked a bit out me eyes putting them up.  Mum knew what she was doing when she gave them to me.

ABOVE: My last job in here for now.  I got the three latest Braid Runners ready for quilting.
Not sure when I will do them... probably over the weekend sometime.

It's now 3.10 pm.  I think I'll go for a walk now.

ABOVE:  a short 1.55 km walk this afternoon.  Over to Steve 'n' Bex's.  Spent an hour and a half yakking with Bex, then Stew picked me up on his way home from work.
It was too damn cold to walk home, and getting dark as well.  
Now home, heater on, blankie, hot pod and feet up.
Ready for a nice, warm, comfy night in.

I'm showing my age, when all I care about is being warm and comfy!  lol

Might just sign off for the day now.

CATCH YA TOMORROW

15 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:15 AM

    Love it! Beautiful!

    So very glad you are taking a break from sewing regularly now. Walking/stretching and heat/napping can really help.

    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:17 AM

    Also your appliqué to cover the green is very good! I am sure quilting helped hold it. Cannot tell at all.

    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new runner is beautiful! Enjoy your walk 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:16 AM

    Looks Amazing!!! Peta

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:45 AM

    In football it is a goal not a try!! Wasn't going to comment but couldn't help myself, lol. It is obvious you are a Kiwi and know more about rugby than football/soccer. I flipped back from Masterchef semi finals to the football - didn't the girls do well especially after the awful events in the CBD yesterday morning. Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  6. That runner is HUGE! It's quite lovely. I think the green was ok in the original, but it seems like it needs to be diffused out a bit. Like taking a few strips to transition (like a gradient) from one color to another. It was too stark the way it was. Anyhow - the finished runner is perfect. I did not watch the games. I have been binge watching "The Bear" on Hulu. It is surprisingly good! I am blessed that I can swallow and breathe again! Getting well slowly but surely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous11:52 AM

    Hope it gets down to Aussies vs Kiwis in the soccer grand final lol game on!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We watched the last 20 minutes or so, had switched over to see the score & ended up riveted. Great result!!!

    Love the runner, it looks fabulous :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Didnt notice your flag very patriotic go Chris and loving your runner

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your braid runner very you.
    It’s cold here in Taupo like bitter cold.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous8:58 PM

    The placemats are darling on the wall.

    I agree about the using up (or giving away).

    I cut off contact with my dad in my early 20’s, a couple years before my husband and I got married. I did not want him to mess up my husband’s life or our future kids’ lives.

    And it was the smartest thing I ever did.

    He died last year. I am now 62, so I had been contactless/free for almost exactly 40 years. I wondered if any feelings of it all would resurface at his death, it did not. It was sort of as of an old acquaintance, that I did not particularly like, and had barely known, had died. A year later, anniversary of his death, ditto, only distance, no trauma.

    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeees, go kiwi girls. I couldn't believe when I found the match being shown on our tv. And its at a decent hour here, 10am. I dont usually like soccor but this match was terrific. I was bbiting my nails during those last few minutes. The scandis put the pressure on. We won!!!!!!
    I'll be watching the rest of their matches now. Might watch the aussie girls too. We have kin over there and they get a bit pissed off if I only mention NZ

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those gifts from your Mom belong there! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice to stop by and see you. Your posts always give me great comfort.
    YEAY NZ Womens World Cup!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your placemats and totally understand why they would bring a tear to your eye. I also know they will make you smile. Your mum knew you very well.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.