Friday, July 07, 2023

DID YOU MISS IT?

 Yesterday's announcement:


ABOVE:  Two big brothers-to-be.  Early January, 2024.  Our 14th Grandchild.  So happy.

It's  been a long 8 year drought.

ABOVE:  how true is this then?

Only paper bags for fresh produce in the supermarkets now... but I see so much is still in plastic? Meat in a tray, wrapped in... plastic.  Mushrooms in a tray, wrapped in... plastic.  Same with so many other things.  Dumb.

Not open to debate, cos I just can't be arsed.  I'm just stating how I FEEL about it.



I didn't  sleep well AT ALL... so am feeling very out of sorts this morning.

So I might just bugger off,  take a panadol, and stay in bed.  COS.  I.  CAN.

12.15 PM:  
Note to self.  Don't go grocery shopping when upset.  Or hungry.
Not a good outcome.

ABOVE:  So they take away the plastic bags to put our fruit and veges in.
Then THEY package even MORE into... fucking plastic bags.

ABOVE:  This is just taking the piss.
Surimi sticks, individually wrapped in PLASTIC, on a PLASTIC TRAY, then wrapped in PLASTIC.
Seriously.
The world is fucked up.
I might stop ranting now.

I'm hungry today.  So I've been eating all morning.
Might not stop.

Scrolling through my downloads... and cos I'm in that sorta mood:


ABOVE:  This one gets me every time I see it.
I often feel 'bad' for not calling those I've not heard from in a while.  Not going to any more.  Show you care or fuck off. It's not just up to me.

ABOVE:  This is probably the thing I hate THE MOST about the Labour Party.  

ABOVE:  Yep, gone are the days I give a shit.

ABOVE:  Another good one.

Goddam I'm in a foul mood!  Wish I could snap outta it.  I don't even want to sew.  Might take a nap.

ABOVE: Probably not in the right frame of mind to be doing this either!
There's water pipes and power outlets there... hmmmm.
AND THOSE DAMN TILES WON'T COME OFF.  
Well I got two off, but the others?  Nope... not unless I want the entire wall to fall apart.

Might have to let Stew tackle it.
That way, if it really goes wrong, he will get the blame, not me.  lol

I'm having an utterly self indulgent day.  And I don't care.

THANK YOU  to those who have reached out to me today.... without even knowing anything.   I am fine, just crabby and venting.

Just one of those days where I'm down in the dumps.

ABOVE:  The dogs favourite person.  
He feeds them treats.
Cupboard love.

ABOVE:  Full house tonight.  Lots of laughs, and Teriyaki Chicken.  
All gone now, back to just the two of us.
Catch ya tomorrow.

20 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:39 AM

    So true about the plastic, I never thought of that. Thankfully we haven’t got to the paper bags only in the produce section of the supermarket
    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:49 AM

    If we want a plastic bag the store will charge you .08 cents for it. And I totally understand what you are saying about so many items being stored in plastic for our purchase. I do recycle all plastics that I can. Or buy things like peanut butter/jam in glass jars. But what about the water I have to use to clean it out in order to recycle it? That does my brain in. Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the main point about shopping bags was that people dumped them and they floated around the streets and end up in the ocean. I know it's just a start and supermarkets are slowly changing out a lot of plastics. I find the silliest thing is that I was responsible and used my bags to put rubbish in - now I have to BUY bags for my rubbish which does my head in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am reading the bad mood loud and clear. I suggest a walk rather than a nap. Get out of the house and do some moving. Naps are just one step away from curling up in a ball and hiding away. Go do something. Anything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried that this morning by doing a mall walk. I just wanted to stab people. Best to come home.

      Delete
  5. Anonymous1:59 PM

    Find a meme that says "Count your blessings". Might not work but it is better than being miserable all day. Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous2:01 PM

    The Labour party is doing exactly what all parties do - it is called taxation and has always been there and will be while we are a welfare state. The alternative is a dictatorship!! Audrey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Taxation is one thing. Constantly taking from those who work hard, to give to dole bludging, useless bastards is quite another story. I KNOW how people rip off the welfare system to their advantage, while never working a day in their life. Seen it up close and personal.

      Delete
    2. Anonymous3:30 PM

      Totally agree Chris. Don't get me started, I get so damn angry. Paula

      Delete
    3. Thank YOU Paula. I know I/We are not alone in feeling like this. And don't even get me started on a few other 'issues' within this country that make my blood boil. NOT politically correct and all that shit.

      Delete
  7. Anonymous4:57 PM

    Totally agree with you Chris. I worked full time for 53 years, 42 years with one employer, I took 6 weeks off when my one child was born, put her in crèche, not that I wanted to, we had to with a 17% mortgage back in the day. I retired at 67 and I get nothing, not one cent from the govt. Nothing to help with health care, I mean totally nothing. I have some superannuation and I get a pension off my own money. And yet people can not lift a finger their whole lives and be kept. And still put their hands out for more and still whinge about how hard up they are. Stuff them!! Marie, Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous5:37 PM

    What is the silver thing to the left of your mixer tap Chris ?
    Dee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Old fashioned liquid soap dispenser.

      Delete
    2. Anonymous9:04 PM

      Bit fancy, ours comes in plastic from the supermarket haha. Glad you ended up having a good evening
      Dee

      Delete
  9. Rhonda5:49 PM

    Sorry to hear you’re feeling so cranky and down 😢. After your wonderful news yesterday, all I can think of is that whatever is bothering you is astronomical to dime such beautiful news. Hope your funk passes soon. Count our blessing and all that just doesn’t crack it when you’re this far down the black hole 😢😢😢

    ReplyDelete
  10. We all have those days where we are in a shit mood and pretty much anything anyone does is just fucking annoying. Those days are ones where I probably should not be driving because they are the days where literally EVERYONE else cannot drive & are all idiots. I hope you feel better tomorrow 💕

    ReplyDelete
  11. Winter bleak cold dreary sorry to read your miserable today hope you sleep better tonight x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I understand you mood, I have been in one of those, way too much lately, ready to poke eyes out and leave them blinking on the floor. Soon, I will be feeling a whole lot better, more on that next month.
    The plastic bags---I feel the same way as you do, as it is the same here, which often makes me wonder, what in the hell did we ever do without plastic years ago.
    Soon we will have an issue with all of those other bags the stores give you or you pay for, they have logo's on them advertising the store, have no idea what they are made of, likely recycled plastic, there are dozens of them in this house, where to dispose of them is another problem.
    Hope you feel better soon, I will soon.
    Cheer up chick,

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope your mood has lifted. Take care.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.