Sunday, July 30, 2023

NO FIRM PLANS

 Stew and I have no firm plans for today.

If it is a nice day, a walk around our lake is on the cards.

I might go to Spotlight and get some more batting and backing fabric, so I can finish off the next 4 runners that I have on the go.

THEN once they are done, I'm going to make a few more bowl cosy's.  Freshen up my stock of them.

I love making them, so it's not even a chore.

Half the fun is choosing the fabrics I will use.

And that my peeps, is all I have for now.

I'm still in bed.  It's freezing and I refuse to get up until Stew has turned the heater on and it's warmed up in the family room.


Today, I stayed IN BED until ... 10.45!!!

I do believe that is a record.
I just lay there, nice and warm, scrolling through YouTube, Instagram, Facebook and funnies.
What a great start to the day.

Now though, we are on the move.
We are going to Spotlight, then for a walk, and finally having a nice lunch out somewhere.


It is a dreary, cloudy, foggy day out there.  I think the fog has lifted in the most part, but it's still miserable looking.  It's the sort of cold that just seeps into ya bones.  My least favourite day... FOG.




ABOVE:  We started our walk today with a completely overcast, cold and dreary day.
But half way around the lake, the sun started burning it's way through the clouds and fog, and it warmed up beautifully.
I ALMOST  did something I am aiming for.
Getting around the lake in under 40 minutes!
We did it in 40.13 minutes... so if I'd not stopped a few times for photos, I would have done it.

I WILL DO IT sometime this week, even if I have to JOG a little bit!  
YES, I can jog a little now.  Not that I like doing it.... I really need a rabid dog chasing me to make me more 'enthusiastic' about jogging.  πŸ˜‚πŸ˜…πŸ˜

After our walk we grabbed a Subway sandwich for our lunch and came home.  The sun is fully out now, so the house will start to warm up.

We did go to Spotlight before our walk, so I'm set for sewing tomorrow.

It has been a very quiet afternoon/evening.  I had a nap mid-afternoon, simply to warm up!
I was just so cold.

We had apple and blackberry pie for dinner.  Comfort food.  That's all I will say about that.   lol

We are now watching the FIFA world cup, the game between New Zealand Vs. Switzerland.  It's 0/0 right now.  We have to win or we are out of the competition.

It was a draw, so New Zealand is out of the FIFA World Cup.  Sad, cos they were doing really well.

I'm off to bed shortly, looking forward to a good night's sleep.  I always sleep better after it's been a 'walk' day.  Good, honest tired.

6 comments:

  1. Its chilly and doesn't look good... although that was 6ish... could be ok now...weird sleeping patterns since coming out of hospital 🀣

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here on the opposite site of the globe we are having a beautiful blue sky day with enough wind to blow away all the bugs! I have been reading outside most of the day. And I haven't READ in ages. You know, like a book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Yuck! Why on earth would you jog? Just take pictures faster!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:05 PM

    It was 2 degrees here this morning JAYSUS πŸ₯ΆπŸ₯Ά turned into a cracking day though. I've done meal prep for the next couple of days GM πŸ’™πŸ’™

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rhonda3:36 PM

    Lovely day here in Sydney, Australia. Great photos. Oh wow Stew is looking so slim

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kiwionholidays7:25 PM

    Fabulous pics you guys took
    You always capture such neat things to share .
    I am loving those runners the last few days ,
    Been a bit busy but have been reading daily to keep up πŸ•ΊπŸΏ

    Hey great game last night No one across the Tassie where we are atm mentioned it πŸ₯πŸ‘
    Will be great to Watch the Dunedin one next week

    Was a fab pic the other day of you and Griffin ,He’s a handsome young Man ,
    Grandies sure are awesome aren’t they ?..

    Take Care catchup soon

    Cheers πŸ₯‚

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.