Thursday, July 27, 2023

FOUND!

 I was tidying up the linen cupboard yesterday, and I came across a container of things I never thought I'd get to use again.

BIBS!

I don't know why I didn't get rid of them years ago... maybe I lived in hope I'd need them again one day?

Or just nostalgia... either way, they will be getting used again next year.  I AM VERY EXCITED.

They got moved to the pantry.


ABOVE: Another girl our Marley fell in love with!  She is usually so reserved when it comes to people she doesn't know.  I had only seen her be this friendly towards a 'stranger' once before, with Sharon from Taupo.

So... Deb leaves after breakfast today.  She's off to an Aquatic Shop in Frankton next.  She's got two tropical fish tanks at home, so she's gunna have a little squizz there before heading home.

As for me today?  I'ma gunna sew.  

Of course.


10.20 am:  Debs just left a little while ago.
We got to spend another couple of hours yakking this morning... which was so nice. 
When you are family there are so many things to yak about.

ABOVE:  The fish cushions finally going home.
And she loves them.  That's a relief I must say.

ABOVE:  Debs is one of 27 first cousins I have on my mother's side of the family.  I have no idea how many 2nd cousins AND 3rd cousins I have now!  It's wonderful being part of such a large family.
And I really am sad I'm going to miss the family get together in October, but the market on that day is A BIG ONE.  

Debs has assured me there will be more get togethers, she's making it a mission of hers to keep us all connected.  Such a wonderful idea.

Now... it is time I took myself off to the sewing room and got some work done.

8.10 pm:  I've done quite a bit of sewing this afternoon, which I'm happy about.
Then Stew arrived home and I took him to the pub.
Then I visited with Steve and Bex for a couple of hours until it was time to take Stew home.

Once home, I cooked dinner and now... quietly watching the telly till bedtime.


CATCH YA TOMORROW

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:51 AM

    Thanks for a lovely time at your house Chris. Love, love my new cushion covers - they’re perfect and just as I imagined. Dinner was delicious with roast chook and veggies followed by fruit pie and icecream. Marley is absolutely adorable and she is my new bestie. Coco is lovely too. Will catch up again soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, sweet. I would love to meet Marley! Can't wait to see a little someone in one of these bibs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your visit with family sounds just what you needed, great Chris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cushions

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.