Saturday, July 29, 2023

IRON SHOPPING

 I'm off to Briscoes today, to find a new iron.

I saw one online late yesterday that caught my eye:


IT'S CORDLESS.
Perfect.
I won't trip over a friggin' cord again will I?

The only thing that makes me hesitate is that it's $200.  And I go through irons on average every year or two, due to shit getting stuck on them... though not normally the carpet!  😂😊

HOLD ON! Scrolling....  I see that I can get the same iron somewhere else, here in Hamilton, for $149.00.  Might have to go there instead.

And... that is all we have on our agenda right now.  
I'll be back later...


11 am:  And we are home after doing a grocery shop, and an 'iron' shop.
Why are there so many irons on the market?  It makes is so confusing!
But I tend to stick with a brand that has never given me any trouble (Russell Hobs), so that narrowed it down.
I was super keen on the cordless one, and after ummm'ing and ahhh'ing for a while, I went for it.

ABOVE:  Charging, ready to go.  And it has a 2 year warranty, which is excellent.  

I felt like scones for lunch, so they are in the oven as I type.
Cheese scones and date scones, just enough for Stew and I.  

ABOVE:  SPOT THE DIFFERENCE.

Sitting in the lounge, heat pump on, hot pod on me knees, watching Accident, Suicide or Murder.
My sorta programme.  
Rather contented right now.

ABOVE:  Look who visited us this afternoon!  Most unexpected, but so very lovely to see them.
Griffin and Tash were over here to attend a friend's birthday party.

ABOVE:  Marley decided Tash was someone she rather liked too.
So cute.
No modesty from Marley!

ABOVE: We matched.  It was just wonderful to see our Dude.  He's such a lovely young man.

Sadly they didn't stay very long, but hopefully we get to see them again soon.

Now... I'm thinking we shall have Taco Bell for dinner.   So in a couple of hours that's where we will be.

I read several reviews of the Russell Hobs Cordless Iron online.  NOT one of them was negative, and that is why I bought it.  
And once I've actually used it for a while, I can tell you exactly what I think of it.

6.14 pm:  we just had an excellent and delicious dinner out at Taco Bell, Taupiri.
It would be awesome if they actually had a shop here in Hamilton... but at least on the Expressway it's not too far for us to get there.

Home now and looking forward to a nice quiet evening, watching the telly, playing Free Cell on the computer and chillin' with Stew.


CATCH YA TOMORROW

12 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:27 AM

    Read the reviews.

    My iron of 25+ years died a couple weeks ago.
    Very sad and unexpected, it was in perfect external condition, something clearly malfunctioned inside.

    (I do not use stabilizers/adhesives in my quilting or sewing. I am very surprised your irons make it a year. If I were doing runners and wall hanger appliqué, like you do to sell, I would use them too. That makes it a lot quicker.)

    I looked at the cordless irons, and I can’t remember why, but something in the reviews stopped me.

    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous1:50 PM

      Yes I just read some reviews, not good

      Delete
  2. Cordless sounds like a good plan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you consider how much you use your iron paying for a good one makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute little bronze fishy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you found a new iron. Lovely photo of you and Griffin 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that iron :) I'm so happy that Griffin has become such a lovely young man. Regarding Taco Bell? I went recently and while my Taco was OK I wouldn't want those fries again. I don't think we'll be going again but hey, each to their own. What do you get that you like so much? Maybe I didn't make the right choice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WillStew be watching Bledisloe may not be a quiet calm night 😁
    That iron looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He will be indeed. He's in the lounge, so I don't have to listen to it... or him! lol

      Delete
  8. Griffin is soo tall! He looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.