Saturday, July 22, 2023

THE BUMP

 Yesterday, while at Bex's, she got me to take a photo of  'THE BUMP'.

She knew 100% it would be going on the blog!

So, with her permission:

ABOVE: Starting to pop out is our #14 grandbaby.   Bex is 14 weeks and a few days along.

She's still suffering from nausea, but hopefully that abates soon.

Everyone is so excited for this baby's arrival.  Babies bring happiness, especially to this Grandma.  ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ˜Š

Today's plans?

DON'T HAVE ANY.

I will wait and see if Stew has any ideas, once he's awake.  He's sleeping like a baby,  snoring old fart right now!


12.12 pm. We've had a good morning. 
I got some sewing done. Stew did his grocery shop.
Then we found ourselves...

ABOVE: Off on an unplanned  road trip. 
More later.

I rang The Interiors Barn in Tirau this morning, to see if they had any shelf/rails that I could put on our dining room wall, to hang the runner on when not in use.
He assured me he did.
I told him how long the BAR needed to be to fit my runner.
He assured me he did have one that would fit.

So off we went to Tirau.  It's a 45 minute drive from home.

We get there...

ABOVE:  AND there they were.  Perfect.  Just like several other items of furniture we have in the house.

ONLY... the damn bar is NOT long enough for the runner.

I was like, ever so SLIGHTLY annoyed.
The SHELF is the right length, but not the bar.
And we had driven out there for NOTHING.

Feel proud of me.
I was polite.
I did not swear.
I just left the shop.

Then we popped into a couple of other, similar shops in Tirau, to see if they had anything that would work.

ABOVE:  Thinking outside the square, we decided a couple of hooks with a piece of dowel or pipe would work.
So we bought two 'Pigs Can Fly' hooks.
When we got home, Stew found some black pipe in the back shed.

BOOM!

ABOVE:  That is where we are going to put the hooks/bar for the runner.
I'm rather happy we have resolved that issue.

OH, and we saved $60 by buying hooks instead of the shelf/bar combo.  Which was too small anyway.
SCORE.

I am now going to continue sewing, while Stew puts up the hooks and bar.  Or does the weeding, and mows the lawns.

I know what I'd like him to do next...  ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜†.

Stew got all his jobs done this afternoon.
I also got two more Braid Runners finished.
Steve, Bex and the boys called in with something for the house.  More on that tomorrow.

Once they had gone home, we settled down for the evening.  
It's so warm and snuggly in the family room now.  Time to wrap it up for the day.

CATCH YA TOMORROW

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:04 AM

    Not always, but sometimes pregnancy nausea is caused by blood sugar swings.

    Especially if one is craving crackers, juice, sweets.

    Feel better when you eat them, then as sugar level crashes, nausea hits.

    Eating some form of protein to help hold sugar level, in regularly spaced small meals, can help hold sugar level and sometimes helps prevent nausea.

    So peanut butter on apple instead of plain apple. Or cheese/meat on crackers instead of plain crackers. Etc.


    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  2. BABY BUMP! Awwww!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the unplanned! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to c the hooks and rail up very you. Bex has lost so much weight, bump photo wont be the last im sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the baby bump Bex. Hope the nausea disappears soon.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.