Saturday, July 15, 2023

EM'S RUNNER

 Yesterday afternoon I decided to see if I could nut out how to get two or three 'centre pieces' on a Braid Runner.  

Usually there's only one, slap bang in the middle.

So, I set to using a piece of fabric I had put aside for a little runner for Emily (Granddaughter).

And I sussed it out, and am very happy with the result:

ABOVE:  This runner is shorter, and not as wide as all the other Braid Runners I've made. Even without the wide border, it looks great.  And as you can see, I put two centre pieces on it.

That means I can proceed with my own Braid Runner, one that fits my dining table.

I know I don't NEED another runner, but I just love the one with the blue Kaffe Fassett fabric.

ABOVE:  I can't wait to have one of my own now.  😊

Now... back to the present.  It's very early in the morning, and we are up and getting ready to leave for the Tamahere Market.  Praying it doesn't rain.  I will take cloudy and cold, but please, NO RAIN.


ABOVE:  7.48 am. All set up and ready to go. Weather is holding so far.

I just did something that I'm really chuffed about.

I asked the market organiser if we could move to another site here. And she said
"Of course you can!"

A much better site became available a couple of markets ago and it wasn't until today I thought to ask for it.
Its on the MAIN walkway, at the 'start' of the market, so actually gets more foot traffic and visibility than where we are right now. It also gets sunshine, which we don't get in our present site.
I'm super happy. 

I can't wait for next month's  market now. 😊🙂😀

2 pm:  Home from market.  Overall, with Pre-Sales and sales on the day, we did rather well.

ABOVE:  I felt like this one would go today, and it did.
Now I really do need to make more of that colourway!  It got lots of lovely comments from people today, along with the other ones in the Braid Runner style.  WINNER pattern for sure.

I'm feeling rather tired now, I hate those early starts!

RUGBY on the telly tonight, The All Blacks vs South Africa.
Stew and Steve are not confident our guys will win.... our team is very unprepared for that level of rugby at the moment.
So if they do indeed lose, I anticipate two disgruntled men in my house later on this evening.

They will just have to drink lots of beer to help their mood!  😂😅😉

I am now going to have a nana nap.  Cos I deserve it.

ABOVE:  Watching the game, the All Blacks are winning right now.  The guys are happy, long may it last.
Little boys plugged in.
Bellies full of fish 'n' chips.
And you can't even tell that Coco is on my lap, she blends in so well with my blankie.

Time to sign off.  Catch ya tomorrow.


9 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:27 AM

    Here's hoping you have a successful day 🤞🤞 going to help the olds plant their veggie garden this morning then deal to my own and do the lawns, after all the rain and warm weather they've got out of control 😬 GM 💙💙

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:28 AM

    Looks really good, your merchandise shows well.
    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:39 AM

    I love those bright colored polka dots. Good luck at market. This is dogstars.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your stall looks great ... I hope you have a very profitable time. Great that you can relocate to the new site too ... foot traffic is so important 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous6:48 PM

    Glad that you had a successful day
    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy to hear you had a great market day 😊

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yay a great day at market did you sell the flower runner?
    That’s super you got a better spot too winning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you mean the super big flower runner I did a month ago... then no, not yet.

      Delete
  8. Congrats on the sale! Sometimes I'm really surprised at what sells in my booth lol. Glad you are getting a better spot!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.