Tuesday, July 04, 2023

DOGS TO GROOMER

 8.30 AM THE DOGS GO TO THE  GROOMER... So an early start for me!

I have got the girls winter coats out, ready to put on them once they come home from the groomers.  The poor things are going to FREEZE.

Once they are home and snuggled in their bed, I might pop out to look at ... baths.



ABOVE:  Is this one number 10?  I can't remember.  

Just checked.  Yep # 10.  
  


12.25 pm.  I've had a fairly busy morning.
The girls went to the groomers, and I picked them up at 10.30 am.
They look gorgeous:

ABOVE: They are in the sewing room with me right now, so are perfectly warm and happy.
Marley was a very good girl at the groomers.
Coco?  Not so much.  She did FOUR piddles and ONE poop on their floor!
I was surprised as I'd taken them both for a walk before we went to the groomers.  *sigh*

While the girls were at the groomers, I tidied up the garage, and vacuumed it.  Re-arranged a little bit, just in general.
Put the gazebo away now that it's dry, so I can bring my car inside again tonight.

I went out to Bower Bird at Tamahere and got some more of one particular Kaffe Fassett fabric.
Then home.... and working on another Braid Runner.
I just can't help myself!

ABOVE:  Today's line up.  I'm probably not going to work on it much today cos well... I'm bloody tired.
I didn't sleep well last night.  😕😔😴

6.10 pm:  Wow.  Rather relieved to report I ONLY put on 100 grams this week!
When I think of the three decadent meals Stew and I had this past week, I am surprised.  But that just means I will have to be extra careful over the coming week so that does not come back to bite me on the arse.  

And talking of decadent meals, we are off to our favourite Indian restaurant for dinner!

Home again ... our dinner was lovey.  We tried Onion Bahji as an Entree this evening.  That was really yum, and their serving was very generous.

ABOVE:  Onion Bhaji served with a Tamarind dipping sauce.  I must try and get some of that sauce, it's delicious.

ABOVE:  I would show you the Butter Chicken dish, but ummm... I ate it before I thought to take a photo.  Whoops.

It's now time to just chill out and enjoy the remainder of the evening.
Catch ya tomorrow.

12 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:05 AM

    That is exquisite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:08 AM

    That comment was mine Chris, Maggie from Melbourne. Loving the colours of the recent runners.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! Can't wait to see the girls when they get home. My Shih Tzu refused to walk while wearing his coat. So he had to go "naked" in the depths of winter. well well below freezing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:02 AM

    I think the pink one is my favourite. If I lived locally I'd buy one xx Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like them ei the colored borders instead of the black. Great you have a variety to suit different tastes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhhh those colours will look gorgeous but I adore the PINK one from a few days ago xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, I showed it to the lady out at Bower Bird (fabric shop) today and she literally shuddered! I don't think it was her cuppa tea!

      Delete
  7. Anonymous2:51 PM

    You are on a roll with the runners! They are all beautiful! I know you love colour but I'm curious to see one in black/white/grey patterns😀

    ReplyDelete
  8. The girls like very cozy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous8:38 PM

    Working on a quilt myself - this is the pattern, a nine-patch variation:

    https://my.modafabrics.com/2017/07/woodruff-quilt.html

    Double bed size.

    I got a gray check for the background, making a scrap quilt, similar to the photo. However, not red floral backing, I got a blue/green stripe.

    I ordered two (Moda) 10”x10” charm packets, and dug through my stash and a friend’s stash, to get enough variety for the blocks.

    The technique is interesting, make a four patch and then cut off two sections and resew them to make the 9 patch.

    I am drawn to the traditional “old quilt” look these days, very partial to simple scrap quilts.

    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An interesting 9 patch. I hope you enjoy working on it.

      Delete
  10. Ohhh looking forward to the next runner....those colours are so pretty 😍

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.