Tuesday, July 11, 2023

OUT WITH ARCHER TODAY

 Today I have young Archer coming for the morning again.

He's not quite ready to go to the babysitters yet.

So he gets to go to Spotlight with me.  I need more black fabrics.

ABOVE:  This is one of the runners I will be working on today.   It is already SOLD!   Two Black and White runners sold on the same day.

I have hunted online for more of that centre fabric to no avail.  No one seems to have it any more.

I have no idea where or even when I bought it.  I only had a very small piece too, just enough for 4 runners.

So, I looked around for something else to use in the future for Black 'n' White runners.

Cos well... I shall be making more it would appear.


ABOVE:  What do ya think of this one?  It's interesting.   It is literally the only one I can find that is anything like the one I have been using.

But not Kiwiana at all.  It might do?  What do you think?

Right, I'm off to get ready for the day.  Catch ya later.


9.30 am:  And we are just home from Spotlight, where we found exactly what we needed for now.  I didn't find anything for the centers of the Black 'n' White runners at Spotlight.  I might have to look further afield.  
Very annoying at the Spotlight carpark when we arrived.
95 % of the carpark was  FULL of Plumbers vans/work vehicles!
It was near impossible to get a park.
Seems there is a convention happening next door at the Heritage Hotel of Plumbers and Gas Fitters.
And they thought it would be a good idea to park in the Spotlight Carpark?  Yeah Nah.
They were given 'the word' by Spotlight, and by the time I left the shop....


ABOVE:  A mass exodus was taking place. 😂😅😖

So.... now I'm back in the sewing room, and Archer is installed inside with: food/drink/blankets/toys/dogs and Chrome Book, so he's happy as Larry.

ABOVE:  Lacy came around for a visit.  Primarily to reprimand me for not mentioning this:

Keera is 11 today,
and it's the 11th of July.
MOMENTOUS 
APPARENTLY.

So there ya go.  Done.

She's eating all me nut 'n' fruit mix.  What a tart.
Archer on the other hand, is not interested in food at all.  I've had to badger him to keep drinking fluid.  He's much better today than he was yesterday, which is great.

Now, I'm taking a lunch break.  Then I will be back to the sewing room.  I need to get 3 more Black 'n' White Runners finished by Saturday.
2 are sold, and I want two for my stall.

6.48 pm:  This afternoon I got  two more Black 'n' White runners finished.  So that's three of them in a couple of days.  Not bad going.  Even better that two of them are already sold.

Tomorrow I will make one more for Saturday's market.  

Right now though, it's time to stop working and just relax for the evening.  I'm tired.
And a bit cold, so might get the blankie and hot pod on.  
Catch ya tomorrow.

18 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:38 AM

    It is hard to tell the scale of the print from the photo.

    You might already do this, but I thought I would mention it.

    To see if the scale of a print is too large for your center square, cut a square that size out of a larger piece of cardboard. Then you can move the window/square around the fabric to see how many pieces you can get, fussy cutting to get appealing images in each one.

    The ideal is a print where you can just cut up the whole thing, regardless of the print. From the photo, the one you mention looks like it would have to be cut very fussy.

    I do not think the center square has to be a motif. I think it can just be a pretty print.

    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree...just a pretty print would do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't worry about the centre fabric, anything would do because it's most likely going to be covered up by a centre piece anyway! It's the least visible part of the runner probably.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Golden Birthday to Keera!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It IS a momentous Birthday! It's her golden birthday. I had mine when I was six. And my mom didn't know about golden birthdays apperently. So no fanfare. Sadface. I don't like that particular black and white fabric. Mainly because it has words. Any B&W fabric will do. It doesn't have to be a doodle style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I have ever heard of 'Golden Birthdays' !

      Delete
  6. Anonymous4:50 PM

    Clearly the nice legs run in the family, but seriously Lacy is it warm enough for shorts 😆🙄 Happiest of Birthdays to Keera GM 💙💙

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous4:50 PM

    Clearly the nice legs run in the family, but seriously Lacy is it warm enough for shorts 😆🙄 Happiest of Birthdays to Keera GM 💙💙

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous4:50 PM

    Happy birthday Keera

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous5:00 PM

    https://www.etsy.com/listing/939629737/kiwi-black-doodles-fabric-kiwiana-kid

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks. I think I checked that site out last night, it would cost almost $40 a meter getting it from there! Maybe not.

      Delete
  10. Anonymous5:06 PM

    I did a reverse image search on your fabric - this might be a quilt shop to contact as it showed as a potiential place to ask
    https://cushlasvillagefabrics.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'd forgotten about Cushlas! They moved from Auckland to the South Island, a bit far for a day trip. I will check them out online.

      Delete
  11. Happy Birthday to Keera.
    I've not heard of a golden birthdays before.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday Keera 🎁

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous9:24 PM

    I had to look it up -

    “Additionally, the golden birthday is considered especially lucky and special since it only occurs once in a lifetime.

    “If you're over the age of 31 and are feeling sad you may have missed your golden birthday, have no fear! Turning the age of your birth year is considered a platinum birthday.

    “You may also see some people talking about Diamond Birthdays, which is when the last two digits of your birth year match your age. For example, if you were born in 1981, your Diamond Birthday would be when you turn 81.”


    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday Keera! 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy 11th Birthday to Keera. Have a great year.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.