Sunday, July 23, 2023

TWO X'S TWO

 Yesterday I got two more Braid Runners finished.

They are both very, very similar, but each one has a different fabric added, or the strips are lined up different.


ABOVE:  if you look closely, you can see the differences.

I am trying to make NONE exactly the same.

Those two are numbers 19 & 20.

I will finish number 21 sometime today.

Then I am going to turn my hand to some smaller Braid Runners.  Kinda the size you would put on your bedside drawers, or a small coffee table.

Talking of coffee tables.... I asked Steve if he could make me a couple of small coffee tables.

I wanted them to be a very specific size and height, to fit beside my couches in the family room.

I had looked in quite a few places for some that would work, but just hadn't found anything suitable.

So, because I didn't want 'flash', just rustic looking, this is what he made:

ABOVE:  Perfect size.  You can still access the buttons to raise the leg rests, they don't intrude into the room too much, and they are sturdy.

Sometime today I will be staining them a light-ish brown.  

So, that will keep me busy for the day I'm sure.

Though we do plan on taking a walk around the lake at some point today as well.

It was on the agenda yesterday, but meh, didn't happen.


LET THE STALKING BEGIN

This morning was spent painting coffee tables.
Then we went for a walk around the lake.

ABOVE:  I put some fence stain on the tables, then paint.  I will show you how they came out... when they are dry.






ABOVE:  Lots of random photos of our walk today.

Once we were home again we had some lunch, veges and pork.  Now we have Steve and Bex here for  a visit again.  OH, and Lacy and Keera.

ABOVE:  Give a kid a balloon, they love it.  Keeps them entertained for ages.

After our visitors left, I made some really yummy beef rissoles for our lunches this week.
Very basic:  mince, onion, breadcrumbs, eggs, herbs and salt.
I cooked them all, so all we have to do is reheat them at lunchtimes.

And that's a wrap on our day.  Another lovely weekend.  Productive, and happy.


CATCH YA TOMORROW

6 comments:

  1. Um, that was an unexpected transition. What about whitewash on those tables?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the table. You raised a talented man

    ReplyDelete
  3. Balloons r fun for all

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:47 PM

    Tables are perfect
    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous4:05 PM

    I see shades of blue and green for the tables

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous8:26 PM

    Hey Chris add a good squirt of tomato sauce and a good shake of Worcester sauce (perhaps Lea and Perrins in NZ?) next time in yourrissoles before squishing it all together xx Marie, Melbourne

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.