Wednesday, July 12, 2023

THAT'S A WRAP

 On the 19th of June I made my first Braid Runner.  It was the Red and Green Christmas one.

Over the past three weeks I have made 14 Braid Runners!  That is pretty good going.

As I have said a couple of times already, I am over making them now!

I do want to get one more made today for me stash.  Then I WILL take a break from them.

Though what the hell I'm gunna do after that is beyond me.  I can't do NOTHING!

Stew needs a cot quilt for a lady at his work, and has chosen one from my 'stash', but I might make another one to give him options.  Though I might not have enough time as he needs it by the end of the week.

I don't make may cot quilts, as they are hard to sell strangely enough.  I have at least two dozen cot quilt panels in me cupboard!  Might never get around to stitching them all up.  That's sad.



ABOVE: The three Black 'n' White runners.  As I said, the first two are sold.

I will make the next one slightly 'different' than the last two.

ABOVE: I might even err from the total Black 'n' White theme and use some of these fabrics.  We will see.

Enough yakkity yak, I am going to lie here and just be a lazy tart for a bit longer.

Catch ya later.

Good morning LYNDA.  I did a 'mock up' of having white fabric as the outer border before deciding to do them both in black :


ABOVE:  It took me all of two seconds to go NOPE.  It did not look nice at all.  It just didn't jel with the overall look.

Each to their own of course, but as I've done this for a while now, I always go with my gut instinct.

Now... on to today's one.  😊


SNEAK PEEK

I've been sewing all morning and am about to take an early lunch break.  How's ya day going?

The sun is actually shining here right now... god knows what it will be like in the next 5 minutes!  Our weather is crazy changeable !

Well, I didn't use any of those fabrics I showed you early today (with colour).  I just stuck with Black 'n' White.

This is the last in this 'run':

ABOVE: That is the last piece of that centre fabric too.  From now on, any I make will have something else in the middle, though right now, I don't know WHAT.

It's 2 pm and I'm knackered.  I have a cracker jack headache, so will take a pill and lie down and hopefully sleep it off.


8.29 pm:  Well the nap worked.  Thank goodness.

Stew got home late this evening, he's just so busy at work, poor bugger.

I made him a nice dinner, so he was happy.

Now we are both just chilling out, keeping warm.

Usual evening routine.

Catch ya tomorrow.

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:47 AM

    You deserve to be a lazy tart as you go-go-go! Sometimes I get tired from reading what you've done for the day. You stay busy very well. So enjoy that lie in!! Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't imagine you as a lazy tart u r a machine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the last two needed a lighter fabric at the edge to contrast with the black. The first one looks way nicer in my opinion but they all might look different when you actually see them up close. The first one had much better definition between black and white so to me is the best by far.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the first one the most but the white border if it had black on the edge it would work too?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm liking the sneak peek πŸ‘ŒπŸ˜

    ReplyDelete
  6. No, I meant I like the grey on the outer on the first one, not white. At the end of the day they are all different and I'm sure look way better in person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That one you just posted is much better, exactly what I was meaning about a mid colour to contrast the black. It looks great!

      Delete
  7. Anonymous10:15 PM

    Agree, the prints that read medium/light so the black lines and squares stand out clearly look great. The definition is what makes it pop.

    I am sewing 2-4 quilt blocks per day, in a don’t break the chain mentality, to make a quilt top. (In the old days, I would have sewn non stop fur a couple days and finished the whole thing.) I lay the fabric combinations out for the next day after I sew the blocks, so I can just start cutting/sewing the next time.

    My iron of 20+ years died over the weekend.

    My car died the week before.

    Not a good month for mechanicals so far.

    Vickie

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.