Wednesday, July 26, 2023

BRAIN FART

 I can remember sitting in the sewing room yesterday, and I had this really good idea for today.

But damned if I can remember what it is now!

So frustrating.  I will just have to wait until it comes back to me.

Cos it will.... eventually.

We've got my cousin Deb coming to visit this afternoon.  She's going to stay the night as well.  We will be able to have a really good catch up.

Usually we only catch up a family 'events'... funerals more often than not of late.

She has organised a family get together in October to celebrate several family birthdays, including her own 50th and my 65th.

Sadly, we can't attend as we have a market on the day of the get together.

Hopefully next time there's a get together we can attend.

I am going out first thing this morning to do a job in town, then I am joining Lacy for a walk around our lovely lake.

After our walk, I will pop into the supermarket for some fresh fruit and cream.  I'm going to make an Apple 'n' Blackberry pie for dessert tonight.  We virtually never have dessert, so it will be a real treat.  I'm drooling just thinking about it.  😂😅😊😋

And... that's me for now.

Catch ya later.

11.38 am.

I've been out and about for 2 and a half hours.
Got a job done in town, but need to go back at 1 pm.  Grrrr.  Incorrect information given to me yesterday... a case of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing.  Oh well.

After that fiasco, I picked Lacy up and we went to the lake.  Parked the car, and got out.  There was this man in the carpark... just staring at us, he looked really shady.
Like... just standing there, leaning up against a car, staring us down.

We felt really uncomfortable about leaving the car there... so drove to the other side of the lake.

It was BITTERLY COLD walking this morning.  The wind.  OMG the wind was cutting into us so bad.
I had taken my jacket off and was walking in a t-shirt.  BAD IDEA.

I won't do that again if it's that cold.

ABOVE: Yes, her legs were freezing!

ABOVE: She wasn't impressed having to scramble over all the rocks for me to get this shot.  But it's a nice one.

She took a couple of me too, but seriously?  Sun in me face, squinting like hell... NOT a good look.
So ya don't get to see me today.

2.10 pm, and I'm home after being in town for the 2nd time today.  Parking! OMG so hard to get parking, luckily I left early so I had time to find somewhere.  As it was I had to walk 3 blocks back to where I needed to be, so now I'm tired.

Not so funny ... I suffer from IBS, caused by having my gall bladder out 20+ years ago.  It causes me to have 'explosive shits' most days after eating food.

Today was no exception.  ONLY the urge hit me half way home from town.   

I thought I'd manage to 'hold on' till I got home.
I did!

I got inside our front door and BOOM.   

TOO LATE.

So I've had my second shower of the day, I'm in nice clean clothes, the washing is on, and the house smells like disinfectant and air freshener.  NICE.

NOT.  First time ever I simply have not made it to a bathroom in time.

Was that TMI?  Well I just had to share cos it was MOMENTOUS.  And HORRENDOUS.  All at the same time.

I can smile about it now.  An hour ago?  NOPE.

Sharing is caring right????

9.42 pm:  My cousin is here, and we have been yakking since 3 pm!  Non stop.  Having a lovely visit, catching up.
Marley has fallen in love with her.  I've got a gorgeous photo to show you tomorrow. 

Right now, we are still yakking and I better sign off for the day. 


CATCH YA TOMORROW

13 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:37 AM

    Currently 7 degrees here blowing a gale raining AGAIN 🤬🤬 soup and garlic bread for dinner on a day like this. Have a great walk GM 💙💙

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are off to see Oppenheimer this afternoon. It's hot and the theater will have AC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:29 AM

    Can someone else mind your market stall so you can go to your family event?

    I hate when I forget something. I used to think it was because I had too many things going on. I described it as over stuffed file drawers. Eventually the right file would turn up in my brain and I would remember. It is taking longer to remember these days. And I have way less going on now.
    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I wouldn't leave my stall for someone else to 'man', and to pack it up at the end of the day! It's a process.

      Delete
  4. Anonymous10:55 AM

    Hopefully the market is successful so you didn't miss the family event for nothing. I'd be really cranky if that happened to me. Bloody cold here in North Western Sydney. Hope it warms up soon! xx Colleen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, it's damn FREEZING here today, coldest night and morning in a while.

      Delete
  5. Correction lol my legs were not cold 😊 they actually don't feel the cold, they are kinda numb to it, if anything they tingled a bit 😊 my upper body on the other hand, yup cold lol till I warmed up...oh and my mum does jog...I have video evidence...I'm just not allowed to show anyone or anything lol ☺️
    #Lacy 💙💜

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh No! A poo mishap. I can say that I am guilty of ditching me undies in the "sanitary garbage" in the stall of a public bathroom.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous2:54 PM

    You and I have exactly the same problem since having our gallbladder removed. The amount of times I have not made the toilet on time is phenomenal. It's not fun at all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A shatastrophe ... 😄. Poor thing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice picture of Lacy. I had my gallbladder out when I was 25 and now at almost 56,I still have the same problem. Its just gross!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I too suffer badly and mine is a poonami to say the least and when tired ir stressed really bad! I get I kid you not I carry spare clothes with me everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My sister and I both have diverticulitis and suffer from the same "explosive shits". Certainly not much fun at all

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.