Tuesday, September 20, 2022

RIP QUEEN ELIZABETH ll

 I stayed up until midnight last night so I could watch part of the Queen's final funeral service.

Once I'm up I will watch the rest of it, it's probably on YouTube by now.

Then it will go back into the sewing room to see how many Zippered Pouches I can get done today.

I'm going to build up my stock of them... I want HEAPS done before all the pre-Christmas markets.

And of course, they really are fun to make.

ABOVE:  I made this one late yesterday, again using some old patchwork blocks.  I think they look rather funky!

So that's me for the day really.

Could be fairly quiet from now on.

How about YOU tell me what you are doing today?

Anyone going shopping?  What ya shopping for?  I love shopping, but sadly I really don't need a damn thing.  That's sucks.



ABOVE:  9.20 am, making a good start on the day.  This one is just darling! 

ABOVE: That fabric was too cute not to use a 2nd time.
 
ABOVE:  This one would suit someone who doesn't really want a bright, in ya face one.

I have finished watching the Queen's funeral now.  It was a very dignified, solemn event.  Very glad I watched it.


ABOVE:  1.10 pm:  I do seem to be on a roll eh?
Time for a break I think, I'm starting to see double.

ABOVE:  Right, last two for the day.  I'm done. 
  Funny how just changing the zip and tag colour changes it eh?  Those two are done using the exact same fabric.

I'm off to put me feet up for a while.  7 pouches done today.  I'm happy with that.

It's been a nice quiet evening here.  Takeaways for dinner as I'm knackered!  I certainly won't be staying up until after 1 am again in a hurry.

Catch ya tomorrow.

14 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:01 AM

    Sewing two quilts, wedding gifts for this fall. Using up supplies I already had! Best part.
    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today? Recovering from a small operation. I did stay up and watched the entire funeral, quite mesmerising watching the funeral march through London. I know what you mean about shopping when you don't need anything - I only enjoy shopping when I'm looking for something specific but like you, I don't need a single thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:35 AM

    We are on a little vacation in Winnipeg Canada. I can’t believe how bustling the streets and malls are. Tons of shops and restaurants and eateries of every type. We are on a quest for fish n chips tonight! I bought a cool artsy fartsy sweatshirt with colorful embroidery on it and wood reading glasses. Oh, also went to lululemon and bought a bunch of fancy cloth face masks on clearance just in case…. Well they were a bargain and quite nice. Plus, you wouldn’t believe the awesome Airbnb we are staying at!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:45 AM

    Todays bag is absolutely darling! It’s my favorite one so far! Love the crazy contrasting colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Working from Mum & Dad’s place, cooking & cleaning & visiting Mum in hospital. Not a fan of shopping to br fair, I will only go if I need something. This week Mum wanted a pair of pants so off to the Warehouse, grabbed myself a air of gym tights & a top because I have been here for almost a month but only packed for a week ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚. Then yesterday Mum wanted another pair of the pants she liked them so much so back to the Warehouse where I managed to get myself another pair of tights I probably did not need ๐Ÿ˜

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous10:35 AM

    Hi I also stayed up and watched the funeral and then had weird dreams about things..so woke up feeling rather tired...also I went to aqua yesterday and feel a bit sore around the hips and upper legs it kept me awake on and off....I am supposed to go again today....I love shopping and have spent a couple of weeks looking at jewellery (rings) I have ordered two as I have not bought a ring in about 40 years ...lol..I ordered some very smooth nighties online, so have been online shopping as well.....actually I ordered more than nighties...lol...
    Good your market went so well and that you are looking forward to more markets your merchandise is fabulous.... Peta

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your pouches are lovely and so many designs to match all tastes. I have nothing planned today. Maybe some housework. Maybe some knitting. I should buy a card to send to my aunt but I might just get her something online delivered (she lives in FNQ so no chance of me visiting).

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm off to work today, my 1 shift a week. Love going down to catch up with people. I chose Tuesdays to work as it's pension day for a lot of the regular "oldies".... love having a chit chat with them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm at work... so friggin busy. I loooove shopping ๐Ÿงก

    ReplyDelete
  10. We stayed up and watched the funeral too, found it very moving, brought a tear to my eye when they sung God Save The King at the abbey, just having a quiet day today .

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kiwionholidays10:23 PM

    Fab variety again Chris all the ones with pink or purple are among my faves
    Hope all the families are going good as ours are here atm
    ๐Ÿฅ‚ Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  12. We're away in our caravan at Phillip Island to see our pregnant daughter. Heading home tomorrow. Love shopping when I have something I need to buy… but do an awful lot of needless online shopping too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Watched the funeral as well. It was a great send off for HRH.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous10:35 AM

    I stayed up to watch the Queen's funeral - it was so well done. Love all the traditional music and just seeing the huge task to pull it all off - massive. I learnt a bit of history too - googling all the queens castles and who lives in them. She certainly deserved the respectful ceremony they bestowth her (see I'm speaking queens english). I also have a theory. Because she had to name her children after kings and queens long gone - she named her corgi's names she would have picked for her kids - Susan and Mick. Maria(Australia)

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.