Friday, September 16, 2022

ARE YOU SHITTING ME?

 I was reading an article on STUFF late yesterday.

(https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/crime/129895827/hitandrun-driver-who-stank-of-alcohol-and-killed-woman-after-running-red-light-at-120kph-spared-jail)

It was about a man who drove while drunk, sped at double the speed limit through a red light and hit an innocent woman's car, killing her.

It was his SIXTH drink driving conviction.

And he got HOME DETENTION, so he can sit at  home and still get drunk.  WTF is wrong with the 'justice' system in this bloody country?

You drink and drive, you run away from the scene after KILLING SOMEONE and you get home detention????????

In MY OPINION that is just wrong on so many levels.

I don't give a fuck that he has an alcohol addiction, he CHOSE to get behind the wheel of a car DRUNK, speed, run a red light and KILL SOEMONE.

He should have been thrown in fucking jail and have the key thrown away.

I am constantly dumbfounded at the 'soft' sentencing in this country.

Makes my blood boil in fact.  Am I alone in feeling this way?

Obviously there is nothing I can do except have a little rant about it!  

Moving on.  I have no plans for my day.

I might mozzie on over to Cambridge and visit a friend who's recovering from surgery.

Better ring and make sure she's up for it first I suppose.  


12.55 pm:  And I'm just in from my morning tea in Cambridge.  I spent 2 hours with my friends S.T. and S.D.  Yakking, laughing and just hangin' out.

S.T. had an operation last week to get a knee replacement...

ABOVE: She is heavily bruised from the top of her leg to mid calf.  But, she's getting around wonderfully I think, for someone who is not even a week post-op.

ABOVE:  S.T. is another person who uses Melamine trays!  Very pretty kitty cat one, sadly I left it there.  lol

ABOVE: S and her husband T have a very lovely garden, this corner caught my eye.  The pukekos are so cute.

ABOVE: Our mutual friend, S.D., joined us for morning tea as well. And S.D. gave me that glass vase.  It's gorgeous.  It made my day being given a gift, for no reason at all!
We all need people like that in our lives.

I am usually the 'giver', so it was rather nice to have someone give me something.  Thank you so much S.D.

Now that I'm home, I am going to be lazy for a little while, before getting everything lined up, and ready to go in the car for tomorrow's market.


Family shit simmering in the background too.... when someone thinks they have all the power? HA HA HA... no ya fucking don't.

I have a headache. Far too much bothering me.
Tomorrow I hope to just concentrate on enjoying our market and meeting some lovely people.

I don't have to cook tonight. The kids are coming over and we are having Fish 'n' Chips. Yaaaa.

22 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:15 AM

    I agree with you totally, it is the same here in Australia, too much Leniency, the offender becomes the victim in so many cases, due to their childhood etc. It is so wrong, my son got beaten up when he was younger and got massive facial injuries, having metal plates inserted into his eye and cheek area. The person who did it, despite being known to the police and charged for previous offences got a warning and had to partake in community work for 6 months. This happens all the time here in regards to many crimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. On Home Detention you are not allowed to drink alcohol.
    #Lacy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And who's gunna stop you? No ones gunna turn up every hour of every day to breath test you eh ?

      Delete
    2. Oh and even if he's caught drinking... what they gunna do? He's already gotten away with MURDER.

      Delete
    3. The probation people do random visits.
      #Lacy

      Delete
    4. The fact that this is his SIXTH offence I doubt he will give 2 shots about what the rules are. Also, if he has that much of an addiction he is going to be unable to stop.

      Delete
    5. If he is caught he gets
      a breach, and that's a warning, gets caught again straight to jail
      #Lacy

      Delete
    6. SIX drink driving convictions. Killed a person. HE'S NEVER GOING TO JAIL... and he knows it.

      Delete
    7. I agree Lacy, if he does breach his home D then he will presumably go to jail. Unless he has help for his addiction then it is an inevitable outcome. Hopefully part of his requirements are that he seeks help for his drinking and that he is committed to fixing himself. If neither of those things happen then he is back on the treadmill of drinking & driving again & again.

      Delete
  3. Anonymous9:24 AM

    It's just as bad here in the US. Many people get away with violent crimes all the time with little or no jail time. Our crime is out of control in the big cities because of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's terrible. Once a person is killed that should seriously ramp up punishments. That is sickening. I feel the same way you do. And from what Lacy said - it sounds like he can break the law 2 more times before jail??? 1st time a warning... 2nd time jail. So that will actually be violation number 8 altogether.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, it's crazy that he is allowed home detention. He doesn't give a shit about being caught drinking at home. He'll probably get out and drive again while on home detention. I'd understand a first or even second offence but this is ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rhonda11:39 AM

    I totally understand where you are coming from Chris with inadequate sentencing of criminals! It’s the same here in Australia. It’s almost as if the criminal is the victim the way Judges dance around the facts of a case and mitigate in favour of the criminal!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The police get so frustrated with the bleeding heart left leaning court system. I have yet to hear of someone charged with a violent offence who didn't have an abusive upbringing, ADHD or is on the spectrum. It makes me so angry as those who genuinely have those experiences are lumped in together with the arseholes who rort the system.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous2:20 PM

    I thought exactly the same when I read it yesterday. If you google the Judge's name you will see he has a history of giving sentences like this. Absolutely appalling.
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  9. That was my exact reaction to the bastard that murdered the woman while driving drunk. He was also drinking while on bail so his excuse of needing rehab in prison for minimum 10 years will stop him drinking

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous3:26 PM

    Nothing makes my blood boil more then the leniency on serious crimes. Anything that is a choice that injures or kills another person needs a punishment that reflects the offence. Years ago in Auckland an elderly lady got off a bus, & unbeknown to her was followed home & attacked & raped by some sick 29 year old. She was my mothers friend so it hit hard as we all knew her. She survived, but the guy that left her for dead ( he thought she was dead), got 8 years in prison. He was out in 3.
    Another one that is outrageous, is a school teacher in New Plymouth was caught importing meth & supplying it, did not lose her teachers registration, instead she was given name surpression & only had to tell the school principal & Ministry of Education, but the MOT decided not to discipline further, yet each time I renew my registration I have to get two references that vouch I am a “ fit & proper “ person. If a school teacher ( whose suppose to be a role model) has imported class A drugs for supply how do they remain a fit & proper person. She didn’t serve a single day in jail, got 20 months supervision instead.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous6:01 PM

    It's bollocks and totally wrong hoping things get better for everyone 💙💙

    ReplyDelete
  12. Been there, done that with a knee replacement. I hope she has a fast recovery - she won't know herself once it's better!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope all is well. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are not the only one who feels like that. It is the result of a system that leans left. No longer are people being held accountable. I was raised to be responsible. Most are not these days. Very sad that the drunk is the victim, not the woman who was killed.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous4:46 PM

    I love those melamine trays. I have 4 bread and butter plates that I use all the time. Si light and unbreakable. Love your gift. Friends like that are worth diamonds. Kj

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.