Thursday, September 08, 2022

NEW POT?

 Lacy visited me briefly yesterday afternoon.

She gave me this:

ABOVE:  it has a strange story.

Lacy was driving over here and a car in front of her slowed down, the back door opened and that pot got thrown out onto the grass verge!

Lacy stopped and picked it up and brought it to our place!

I have put it on two local facebook pages, asking if anyone is missing it?

Failing it being claimed, I might have a a new pot plant!

With succulents no less.

edit:  since posting the pot on Facebook, I've had THREE people claim it is theirs.  Now what?

One lady said it was stolen years ago.

One lady said it was stolen two weeks ago.

And one lady said she is sure it's hers... but no explanation on when it went missing.

It looks like I have a new pot!  I'm frustrated and disappointed that people LIE over a friggin pot.

I am happy to say I can now get a good sunset photo, since Stew pruned a few trees, and in particular the camellia tree out the back.

ABOVE:  I still have to stand on a footstool, but hey, I can't help being short.  I blame the genetics.


So today I am going to work on my next Kiwiana Runner.  

There is an FBG walk on after lunch and I have put my name down for it.  Now I just have to hope it doesn't rain.  Cos there's a lot of people in Cambridge who won't walk in the rain.

Later on I will take the girls for another little walk too, probably quite late in the afternoon, once I get home from Cambridge.  


Jesus TRACY, trust you to think of that scenario.
Either way, I'm keeping the damn thing now.

I've been doing a bit of sewing this morning, and I've moved a few pots in the garden.
There's far too much out the front worth stealing!
So some of it is going in the back gardens and around the pool.

Well... I've been out walking. Now waiting to have a hot chocolate with a few of my FBG friends. 

The weather has been awesome today.  Fine and not very cold.

One of the ladies who said the pot was hers has gotten very cross with me!  Yikes. To think all I was trying to do was be honest and return it to its rightful owner. 😒🥺

Last update on the bloody pot saga.  I got sick of the last 4 messages from one particular lady... her story got longer and longer and her attitude got more nasty... but still NO proof that it was her pot.  So I told her I was keeping the damn pot, then I blocked her.
Saga over.

Pot is now in me back garden, where it will stay.

After my walk (in midday sun), the saga of the pot, and a family health issue (not mine), I got a damn headache.  I tried to sleep it off but that didn't work, so I've now got lots of Panadol on board.
Stew came home to me lying on the couch being miserable.

I got up to cook his dinner, but he has ever so kindly gone down the road for a pizza.  Awww isn't  he lovely.

Worst headache is a while, it's made me feel really sick.  NOT a migraine, but damn close.

Hopefully it goes soon and I can enjoy the remainder of the evening.

Not feeling much better so I will be heading off to bed fairly soon.
Catch you tomorrow.

10 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:22 AM

    Beautiful pot and such tales about it. Sounds like you might need to chain it down so it has no more adventures!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pot was MADE FOR YOU. Love the color. It's awesome. Why on earth would someone randomly throw it out of a car. So strange. Are the dogd walking nicely together or one at a time?

    ReplyDelete
  3. All those women may be telling the truth, it may have been stolen a couple of years ago off the first lady, given to or sold to the second one & then recently been taken off the third one :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I highly doubt that one pot was stolen three times and every single owner saw your post. Just tell everyone that it has made its way to its rightful owner (you) and sorry it is no longer "available".

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oi woman lol keep the dam thing, I didn't go back to save it for you to try be a good Samaritan and get rid of it 🤦‍♀️🤣
    #Lacy 💜💙

    ReplyDelete
  6. Which lady got cross? Can she prove it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. If those claiming to be the owner of the pot can't prove it (receipt , Police report of theft or any special marks) and continue to be difficult, then drop it at the local Police Station, and tell them if they can't identify the owner from their theft reports then you would like it back. Tell the potential owners there were multiple claims so you have passed it on to the Police to sort out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to hear you are not feeling well. I suppose you over did it in the heat and such. Hope you feel better in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL bunch of crazy people wanting a free plant

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.