Monday, September 26, 2022

A NEW THINGEE

About three days ago I mentioned to Stew that I'd like 'something' to hang my fabric strips on, to free up the space on my work table.  I was down to about 60 cm of working space, because the table was covered in strips of fabric.

If I wanted to use more of the table, I have to pick up all the strips and put them in a box.  MOST annoying.

I mentioned it to Steve yesterday morning.  He said he could probably make something for me, as well as make a little shelving unit for displaying the Zippered Pouches on my table at market too.

He outdid himself!  He came back in the afternoon with BOTH projects done!!!

I have to paint the shelving unit before showing it, cos it's got some other paint on it and does not look good enough to show ...  yet.  (according to STEVE).

I can show you the other 'thingee' though...


ABOVE:  So this is the 'thing' I can put fabric strips on.


ABOVE:  Working on it...




ABOVE:  Taa daaa!  Look at that!  I can lower it down when using the strips, and put it right up when not using them.  Now I don't  have to keep putting them away, they don't get all muddled up and well... it's just awesome.
Thanks so much Steve.  You Rock.

ABOVE:  Right up high when not in use.  Perfect eh?  And look at that, I can use all of my work table again.


Today Stew and I will pop out and get a couple more of the vege pods, a few more vege plants, and I need some more zips and thread.

After that who knows?  


11.35 am:  I got STUNG at Spotlight!  I grabbed what I thought was the $12 a metre ordinary, everyday plain blue fabric, got it cut into the amount I wanted and then on my way out checked the price, cos my total seemed very high.
And yeah, that fabric had gone up to $19 a metre.  Life WTF?
And as I usually buy it when it's down to only $8 a metre, it was quite shocking.  
Lesson learnt.  Wait until all patchwork fabric is on sale for 40% off, then get the cheaper version.

So cross.  But it is what it is, I couldn't take it back of course cos it had been cut.

I got home and painted the shelf:

ABOVE:  I am now waiting for the pigmented primer to dry before painting it with the top coat.
Pigmented primer sucks btw.  Clean up in Mineral Turps.  Ikkkk.

ABOVE:  two more in place, and I reckon that should do us.  An easy as vege garden.

ABOVE:  Today's efforts.  Well, I did them this afternoon.  Funky.  Now... I'm off to sort out dinner.  Left over pizza I do believe.

9 pm:  Dinner was nice... I did some wedges as well.  Now... time to sign off for the day.  Catch ya tomorrow.

13 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:35 AM

    Kiwionholidays

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:37 AM

    What a fabulous idea for the Kiwiana etc goodies,
    Well done Team Harvey,
    Love all the pics of the trip to Auckland as well ,
    Enjoy your day

    Cheers 🥂

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:50 AM

    Hi all looks great, Steve is certainly a handy guy....Peta

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clever... i need him at my house

    ReplyDelete
  5. Steve is a clever man. We have those vege things. I did have them in the back but the german shepherd kept jumping in them! Now they are in the front with peas in them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous2:30 PM

    Bless Steve he's a bloody brilliant person!! Having a quiet day start my new job tomorrow GM 💙💙

    ReplyDelete
  7. Steve is a clever lad.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous5:20 PM

    Tempted to get some of those veggie tubs from Bunnings but I'm sick of killing plants lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous5:29 PM

    That is a very nice hanging rack Steve built. I like the design.
    Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your hanging rack. Hubby made a similar one for me to hang the clothes on the back deck a few years ago

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cool rack, even would be good to keep it hanging while you work so you can see them better.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous4:09 AM

    Pity you can't clone a Steve
    I could do with a Steve down here. Kj

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.