Wednesday, September 07, 2022

PROCRASTINATION RULES MY LIFE

 So here goes.

I have talked about not wanting to EVER go on a diet again.

Never join a diet group again.

Never let my weight be the be all and end all of my day.

Cos for fucks sake, what I weigh has dominated my life for 40+ years!!!!

But, I am NOT HAPPY.

I had gained about 3 kilos in the past few months.

And I HATED myself.

I hated my reflection.

My face did not look like my face.

I was slowly losing myself again.

That happy person who liked herself.

GONE.

And there was a definite downward spiral in my mood.

I had managed to 'cover it up' lately by sewing heaps, keeping myself busy.

But yesterday I just hit a wall... because I wanted to come clean about what I've been doing.

I friggin well re-joined Weight Watchers, for the millionth time.

I swore to God I was never going to join WW again.  I hate the tracking, points, so called 'free food', the whole ethos of the place.

BUT, I re-joined for the support.

Cos I have NONE here in Hamilton.  None anywhere really.  

I DO have Stew. But he's not enough to motivate me.  

So a month ago I joined the local group.  For support.

And I told the leader I was only there for support.

I was not going to count friggin points.  I'm not going to track.  I'm not doing ANY OF IT.  I am there for support.

FULL STOP. END OF STORY.  

She still tries to make me tow the line, and power to her.  I'm not listening.  

I go.  I weigh in.  I sit and listen to the drivel.  I have a few laughs with the other ladies.

And yeah.  I hope to eventually even make a friend or two here in Hamilton.

Cos we have been here for 3 years come December, and I've made ZERO friends.  ZERO.

I know Covid slowed down the process of meeting people of course.  But seriously?

I get so damn lonely some days I just want to curl up on the couch and pretend the outside world does not even exist.

I am thankful for the friends I have in Cambridge, but I only see them if I go over there.  Does that make them friends?

Or just acquaintances?   Good question.


Some days I feel like just jumping in my car and driving to Palmerston North for the day!  Just to hang with my girlfriends down there!

But, yeah, it's a bit far.

So I suppose you are wondering if I've lost any weight in the past 4 weeks?

Well yes, yes I have.  And I feel rather good about it.  It is MOTIVATING me to keep going, to get to a DOABLE goal.

MY GOAL.  Not WW's goal.

Procrastinating now.

I have lost 4.6 kilos in the past 4 weeks.

And that is more than my goal for 4 weeks.

I was aiming for -0.5 kg a week tops.

Weirdly, I've not actually 'dieted' at all.  I've been out to dinner, had fish 'n' chip lunches and so on.  But perhaps just being a bit more aware of snacking, portion sizes and so on?

Either way, something is working.

I'm certainly not letting 'it' dominate my days at all.  If that happened I think it wouldn't work, cos as I've said before, I'm friggin well over dieting and being consumed with what I weigh.

I am just going to continue with what I've been doing, and see how I go.  And hopefully keep enjoying the meetings and make some friends?

Now... back to today.

I'm sick of saying what I'm doing... sometimes I don't even know myself.

I'm just gunna say ... let's see.  I might sew.  I might lie on the couch.  I just don't know.

I will make the bed and put a load of washing on.  That is all ya getting right now.


8.55 am:  And I'm not on the couch... yet.
I went outside (bloody cold af), and did this:


ABOVE:  I put the syphon hoses in the pool, to take off a lot of the rain water sitting on top of the pool cover.  It's green due to pollen and leaves.
The pool will have to be refilled after I take all that water off.
I can't believe that in just a few months we will be back in the pool!  

I'm clock watching... I want me lunch but it's still too early.  Coco and Marley are pissed with me cos we have left the nice warm sewing room and are now in the ice box I call my house.

ABOVE:  I finished this one.  All green on the borders/binding.  I like it.

ABOVE:  95% of the water has drained off.  It took 3 hours.  There's a gazillion mosquito larvae really, really pissed off now.  😂😏

LYNDA:  I really don't want to commit to anything like that as I want to be free to just go away at the drop of a hat. Or be available if family need me.  Steve's health is utter shit so he could end up in hospital at any time, meaning I would want to be available for babysitting and so on.

At 5 pm I decided to stop sewing and take the girls for a little walk up our street.
They loved it.
My back didn't, but never mind.
It was GOOD.

I talked to 4 different people who were out and about.
One was a neighbour who had recently bought in a new 'ready lawn'.
We drove past a week or so ago and Stew saw him watering it, after all our rain!  Stew said 'What an idiot'!

But when I told my neighbour that, he said he was told to water it every day no matter what, so that's why it was being watered. 😂😅
He didn't seem to mind being called an idiot either.  In fact we had a lovely chat about lawns, bearing in mind our back lawn is relatively new too.  Only we did it ourselves.

 Mr K's lawn cost him $2,000 !  Yikes.  I made sure neither girl did a piddle on it.

ABOVE:  Mr K and his gorgeous lawn.

ABOVE:  The girls hauling me along the path!

ABOVE:  A gorgeous garden on a cul-de-sac corner near our house.

I don't know if I feel better for our little walk, but the girls certainly enjoyed it.  I can't sew any more today, my back and neck are over it.

So I'm going into the house to sort out dinner.
Curried sausages tonight.

Dinner is over, Stew really loves curried sausages.  I'm now watching TV, doing a bit on Facebook and just keeping warm with me hot pods on my lap.
Catch ya tomorrow.

18 comments:

  1. OMG! Just last night my Hubby and I were talking about this same subject. We both need to get our weight under control and decided to start TODAY. I am not going to join WW. Too expensive. So I will resume using the Healthi app (sugar smart plan). I am also going to start a exercise program. It's one of those online jobbies. I am going to order it today.
    Friends are hard to come by - everywhere in the world. I live in an area where people that were born here generally just spend time with extended family. I am fortunate to have the few close friends that I have. I even have grade school friends that I am still close with. But NEW friends, it's kind of hard.
    Truly there should be FRIEND finding websites, instead of romance!
    You have lost a crap ton of weight in 4 weeks. Wow. A Kilo is more than 2 POUNDs. That is shocking!
    Well, No more excuses or procrastinating. I am going to buy that exercise program and get this butt in gear.
    I was doing GREAT. The best ever, until I broke my arm last December. Everything came to a screaching halt. No more excuses.
    Thank you for that Kick in the pants!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:30 AM

    Well done Chris. Sorry you feel lonely. I have heard that walking the dog at a local park where other people do the same is very good for attracting “like” people, people engaging over their dogs. Also a bit of exercise for both. I have said before that I only need to lose five kilos and have for ten years, I am a great exerciser and walker but sabotage myself with bad eating. Thinking of you. Marie. Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:13 AM

    I have never seen anything like that hose thingamajig....cool. I fully understand about not having local friends. I've moved twice in the last year so I haven't had time to meet many women. I do hope to check out a Cribbage card group that I ran into last year at a restaurant my son & I were dining at for lunch. Now that the grandkids are back in school, as of today - woohoo!! - I'll have more time.
    Chris - I know your weight struggle is so frustrating for you and I hope you can find an even keel with it all. Your current situation seems to be working for you, so keep it up!! Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic loss Chris, that is really amazing. I think counting carbs/points would do my head in. I have aquantiances but no real friends. I am quite a loner actually. My social interaction interaction is seeing kids/parents on the way to and from school

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:31 AM

    Hi Chris, that is so good that you have managed to lose weight...I also find it so hard...I like weight watchers meetings but don't like their diet plans much...I went to the dietitian and that is helpful in working out a food plan that doesn't involve really counting anything...but of course I like sweet things ..I find it hard to control my mindless snacking....but my health is now really dictating that is do something as I am basically pre diabetic if not in the early diabetic range....Peta

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done on 1) doing something positive about your weight before it got out of control & 2) doing so well losing over 4 kilos. Making friends seems so much harder when you are older, especially when the kids are grown up, most of my friends in Auckland I made through the kids doing theatre when they were young. Joining groups helps but also, sometimes you have to be the one to make the first move & invite someone for coffee etc, which is not easy because we all fear rejection lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's fantastic Chris! I agree about 'dieting' but being aware and accountable is a good thing. Have you thought about going back to a Hospice shop or something? Making friends is incredibly hard as we get older. We all have our own lives and are so busy we don't make much time for others. I'd rather like to lose a kilo or two as well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand, exactly why I don't commit to voluntary work.

      Delete
  8. slow and steady!!!... I have not been on the scales since the beginning of Covid. I'm terrified. Must I must do something

    ReplyDelete
  9. Could you start a walking group with some of the WW ladies?

    ReplyDelete
  10. You found your own unique way to successfully lose weight, congratulations. I love my friends that I made in a Bible study group, thinking of making friends could you find something you love and join a group focused on that?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous4:26 PM

    You are on the right path with your decision on WW. Any loss is a good one

    Anne Palmy

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know exactly how you feel Chris. It's 50 odd years here. Up and down and always that bloody diet/food on your mind. You just have to find something you feel really comfortable with . The dream is to just get on with life and forget that crap. I think I've got it finally. But who knows.
    You've got a bloody good start there. Hope the bonus is a few good friends

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh you should take the dogs for walks more often, they will really love you for it! We also like curried sausages, such a throw back to our childhoods.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Curried sausages ! I can taste em now. No decent kiwi sausies here alas

    ReplyDelete
  15. All the best Chris with WW, sounds as though you are off to a great start.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous4:26 PM

    Hey Chris, sorry doing a weekly check-in today. Been busy and tired this week. Congratulations on your weight loss. I've been thinking about doing something because I've got to go on a drug for the dizzy but it puts on weight!! I had 2 good weeks but now it's back with vengeance. As for friends I don't have any locally. In fact I went to retreT lSt weekend and sat on my own on 2 tables. Any new person sat beside the conveyor. When I said it would have been nice to have someone by me she erupted and wrote a complaint about me saying she'll pull out if I attend any more retreats. Then her friend who has a big.mouth and a small brain evidently said some really nasty things about me but I must have been in the loo. The president heard and she's being told to heave ho. The other one won't be running retreats as 2 people have offered to take over. I hate being lonely. But don't know what else to do!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.