Monday, September 05, 2022

A WET DAY

 After a couple of nice days, today is supposed to be wet.  So, a perfect day to stay inside and sew eh?

ABOVE:  This is the next runner on the go.  I would like to get about 4 more of this style done before my next market, which is hopefully in about 2 weeks.

I might have to go out sometime in a day or so to get more border fabric for them though.  

I have masses of fabric, but most of it is patterned, and what I need more of is plain fabric, suitable for borders.


ABOVE:  Do you do that too?  I am very tempted to visit the supermarket today... cos well... there's bugger all in the cupboard that is tempting me right now.  

And that is me for now... looking to be a normal day around here.


It has been 5 days.

Has no one noticed the new 'ONWARD'???


HANGRY

It is a real thing.   I don't think I've ever truly experienced it until today.

Missing dinner last night made me damn hungry this morning.  

And I went grocery shopping in the pouring rain.

And although I was tempted, I didn't buy too much crap food!

Coming home, unpacking it all, untangling bag handles etc... and I kept saying to myself...

" DON'T GET ANGRY, DON'T GET ANGRY!"... COS omg I was crabby as hell.

But it's all done and put away, and I'm sitting here calming down.   I can't believe how angry I got at NOTHING!

Lucky no one annoyed me in the supermarket!  I might have been a bit... mean.  😂😅😖

I'm cooking my main meal right now... a mince and bacon pie.  Stew will be getting the same thing for his dinner, with veges on the side.

Me, yeah nah to the veges.

After my lunch I shall go into the sewing room and work on that runner I started yesterday.

Are  you having a better Monday/Sunday, depending where ya live?  Ever had the HANGRY thing happen to you?

I've been an utter lazy tart!

After lunch I decided to watch a movie on Netflix.  I watched 'An Eye For An Eye', starring Sally Field.  It was damn good!  Highly recommend it.

Her last two words?  The best ones.

Now, I'm busting for a wee, so better go do that before I'm sitting in a wet patch.  

Then I might just go into the sewing room!

6.30 pm:  I got all the 'waves' stitched on that runner this afternoon.  Now I have to go out and get some border fabric.  I should have gone out today, but after the grocery run, I just didn't want to get wet again.

It's rained ALL DAY LONG.... and it's really cold with it.

Stew is home now, so his pie is in the oven.  I'm sure he will love it.  I put mashed potato with cheese on top of it.  Mine was the same and so yum.

Well... it's not stopped raining!  And to think I watered our new plants into the garden on Sunday!  lol

I think we are in for another couple of days rain too... what fun.

Never mind, it is what it is.  I just hope there's no more flooding and slips around the country.

Off to bed soon... just waiting until I'm tired enough to actually get to sleep in a decent period of time.

I don't know about you, but if I'm not bloody tired I can lie there awake for hours.  NOT FUN.

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:40 AM

    Yes, I get it Magpie, Melbourne Aus

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes to hangry, yes to wishing there was more interesting food in the house! I love the runners. I am having an okay day today, but trying to finish a work project and just want to hang out with Ramona! Good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my daughters in law gets hangry often. As my son says, just feed her mum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:29 PM

    Hangry is not good, been there and done that. I hope things are better for you now. Ky Girl
    FYI - It is Sunday 6:29 pm. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah a friend gets hangry when her blood sugar gets low...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous5:08 PM

    I watched that movie yesterday and I also thought it was very good. Keifer Sutherland played a very good part - probably better than Sally Field as his part would have been harder to act. Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  7. We could use some rain here. It is going to be 112 today and 113 tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.