Friday, September 23, 2022

PARMESAN ROAST POTATOES

 I've been trying to do a few different things for our dinner lately.

I don't know about you, but I tend to rotate the same old dinners all the time.  I hardly ever try new things!

So, those Parmesan Roast Potatoes I did last night?

Nice... but a bit disappointing.  I really expected them to be much tastier, considering all the ingredients that went into them.



ABOVE:  You combined all the ingredients, smear it on a baking tray, sit your potatoes on top, and  bake.  They smelled lovely while cooking, but the bottoms of the potatoes were a bit overdone I think.  They were just average tasting. 

Try it yourself if you want to waste a good amount of very expensive parmesan cheese!

Now, back to today.  

I will do some housework before heading into the sewing room.  I'm going to make 2 more Kiwiana Zippered Pouches today, before doing some more 'normal' ones. My goal is to have about 30 of them in stock.

Catch ya later.


11.33 am:  I just finished the first pouch of the day and just have to share it, cos it's so gorgeous (Well, I think so):

ABOVE:  I made sure I  had a full 'NZ' on it... and now I'm gunna make a few more like this.  I reckon they will go down well at the markets!

But first... I'm friggin hungry!  Off to find food.

MIA! It's been a busy afternoon.  I have five more of those Kiwiana Pouches half made, so it's been a productive afternoon.

Stew is now home and we are just going to have a silly bugger dinner.  Think it's saveloys wrapped in bread!

Who cares, it's food.  Looking forward to a relaxed evening.  TV.  Blankie (cos it got cold again) and not much else.
Catch ya tomorrow.

12 comments:

  1. Weird recipe...... I looked up the title and see other recipes that say to do the same thing. Unfortunate that they were a bust.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:25 AM

    Maybe you could cut the potato’s in half and spread the ingredients on both sides and bake them like that so the flavour is infused I would par boil the potato’s first scoop out a bit of the potato and combine with other ingredients.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:39 AM

    Check out recipetineats.com Chris. She’s from Sydney and has heaps of amazing recipes. Give yourself some time though to navigate her site though. Marie, Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous1:12 PM

      I have just had a quick look at this website and I think I will be using it often - some very tasty, easy to follow recipes. Audrey

      Delete
  4. Weird sounding recipe. What did the pan look like afterwards?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Kiwiana pouches. Do you line them with ordinary fabric or something kind of waterproof. I think anything Kiwiana would sell well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use 'ordinary' fabric. If I used waterproof fabric I think the price would go up, and I don't want to make them too expensive.

      Delete
  6. That's a lovely pouch. I am sure these will go well at Market. I didn't notice the "Kiwi" element until you mentioned it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What lovely pouches. You could easily sell them as souvenirs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just heard you had an earthquake. Are you lot ok?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No damage that I know of. None event really!

      Delete
  9. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.