Tuesday, September 06, 2022

FABRIC SHOPPING

 Good morning.

Still raining.  Still cold.  What happened to SPRING?  This might just be the last hooray of winter.  Yeah.

I'm popping out this morning, firstly to Spotlight for more thread, and then I will drive out to Gordonton, to Grandmothers Garden.

They are bound to have what I'm needing for my runner's borders there.

But first.... I've the usual housework to do.  The washing will have to go on racks AGAIN. Gosh it's been an incredibly WET winter!


Stupid stupid weather! Its not raining now and in fact there's not a cloud in the sky! But yeah... it is still damn cold.  I am lying in bed at 8.47 am, trying to find some motivation to get up. 

11.35 am:  I got threads for 40% off at Spotlight... score.
Then out at Grandmothers Garden I found the perfect two fabrics to use as borders for me latest runners.

ABOVE:   There is usually a tiny stream/creek running thought those paddocks.  Today it's a lake.  I hope after all this rain it helps keep things a bit green over summer.

Right, off to do some sewing.

4.15 pm:  And it looks like it's finally happened.
After 2 months of sewing almost every day, and LOVING IT... I'm done for now.
I have to bind the latest runner, then looks like my motivation has dried up.

I have done virtually nothing today except put the borders on that runner.
NOTHING else.

I don't know what's happened, I just don't feel like doing a damn thing.

So I did a 'thing'.
And I don't feel that good about it.
But I did it anyway.
And I will talk more about 'it' tomorrow.
Don't get excited, it's old news/repeat news/been there, done that news/ bla bla bla.

I just need to talk about it.

Tomorrow.

11 comments:

  1. We got our first rain today. Really nice. It cooled down a lot. But wonder whether we will have a rainy winter too.
    Hope your spring turns up very soon - in force lol. Enough of these seasons , we all need a change.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you've had some serious rain there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't hope your spring comes soon. When it does .... snow comes to me. Not ready yet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Robyn4:04 PM

    Been snowing in parts around here coldest day I reckon 😳😳 another one tonight minus two 💙💙

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous4:51 PM

    You are an absolute machine with your sewing Chris, enjoy your break from it. You have produced some lovely stuff recently, so just be proud and have a break. Time for another foray back into painting perhaps? Enjoy your week :-) xx Michele PNth

    ReplyDelete
  6. You’re such a busy bee, I’m sure you’ll find something to occupy your time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have been full on seeing for ages now, no wonder you need a break.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Couple days away from sewing im sure you will need tobe back to it before long Chris

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kiwionholidays12:31 AM

    Late catchup on here tonight so you’ll be in the land of nod,
    Love that pic of the stream turned lake ,,
    Like you say hopefully it’s good weather to keep down the upcoming summer dry spells,

    Hope all the families are over the Covid etc

    Take care
    Cheers 🥂

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmmm. I wonder what this "thing" is all about. We shall have to patient I suppose. I couldn't glean much info from the Night Night pic. It looks a bit "uncertain". I hope all is well. See you (on your blog) soon!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.