Saturday, September 10, 2022

DUMP RUN

 After having a sleep in this morning, we will get up and take a trailer load of rubbish to the dump.

Most of it is just foliage from our gardening last weekend, plus a few odds 'n' ends from around the property.

After that we will probably head off to the mall for a wander around, and lunch.

And that's it for now!

10 am:  It's cold and wet... and we have put off our dump run.

We were only doing it today to suit someone else, but that is no longer a factor.

Still I think we will go to the mall for lunch, cos I want a couple of things.

Headphones for me phone for one.  


ABOVE:  I have this sort, which is fine usually... but they get all tangled up in me handbag.


ABOVE:  Today I used Stew's headphones, cos well... sometimes ya need to listen to messages without others listening in.

So I am gunna get me some of them.  They don't get all tangled up like the other sort.


"Honey what are you making for dinner today?"

"Nothing"

"But honey, you made nothing yesterday."

"I made it for two days."


Funny.  Saw it on Instagram.  Though it could apply to this house.

Stew is doing dinner tonight.   We are having saveloys and veges.

ABOVE:  I don't know how that happened!  We have company for dinner... but they brought their own dinner.

Pizzas are in the oven. 

And yes, there's a spare kid in the row... a friend of Emily's.

It was quiet.  It's not now!


8 pm:   My ears are ringing. The family have now gone home, so I'm in recovery mode.  😂😅

Isn't it lovely when someone can't be here, but can video chat?

ABOVE: These three had a very animated chat.  So lovely to have them all getting along.

OMG I don't miss the days of having pre-teen girls and noisy little boys!  Short visits are lovely, but once they leave I'm like ... phew!

How the hell did we survive having so many kids way back when???

Back to today... it's wind down time here in the house.

Catch ya tomorrow.

12 comments:

  1. I LOVE getting rid of stuff. Although , you wouldn't guess it from the look of things around here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:45 PM

    Am having a big clean out very soon sick of crap everywhere stuffed up my Google account somehow but hope ya know who it is 💙💙

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope. No idea. I get lots of ANON comments.

      Delete
    2. Anonymous2:08 PM

      It's George's Mum

      Delete
  3. Best thing I ever got were ear pods, no cord. Any Bluetooth headphones would be great so there are no cords to tangle 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was given some ear pods by my friend Sanda in Palmy, but do you think I can find them???? Grrrrr. I agree, bluetooth ones would be best. I'll look for some tomorrow.

      Delete
    2. Kiwionholidays10:50 PM

      Fabulous to see all the happy smiling faces at dinner time there with Amanda and co n great Lacey


      could video call too ,
      We did what we did at the time Chris cos we were a wee tad younger and it’s only now it’s sometimes nice to have some quiet times now n again 👍💯❤️

      Cheers 🥂

      Delete
  4. Amanda-Alison OBeirne8:39 PM

    Ahaha… glad I fed the tribe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had a great day despite the weather

    ReplyDelete
  6. We just saw off the last of our down under visitors. It was an amazing time with them. So fantastic to see family again. But definitely now in recovery mode 😁😁. Then we get ready for the next lot.
    Love seeing your family get togethers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My son in law gave me a pair of air pods and they are MAGIC. I LOVE THEM. I think when our kids are young it's just background noise. Definitely not the case as a Grandma lol.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.