Monday, September 12, 2022

IT WENT...

 At midday yesterday I put our old hand lawn mower out on the grass verge, hoping someone would take it off our hands.

It had only been used ONCE.  But was a bit rusty/stiff in places.  I thought it would end up in our garden.

ABOVE:  It sat out there for almost 5 hours, until I got a knock at the front door.

It was a bloke asking about the mower.  And when I assured him it was for free, he happily took it.

It only needs a bit of CRC and a clean, and I'm sure it will be good to go.


I had not planned on buying any more Britto, as it has gone up in price A LOT in the past couple of years.

But when Stew and I were out yesterday, he spied a figurine and container that he thought we should buy.

ABOVE:   DORY !  How could I say no?  He's gorgeous, and so cute.  edit:  I stand corrected.  It's FLOUNDER, not Dory.


ABOVE:  And this cookie jar.  You don't often see 'functional' Britto, so this was a happy must get too.

Luckily there isn't much Britto around now, saves our $$'s for sure.

Today I've got all the washing to do, and the other usual Monday morning household jobs.

Then I am going to work on the small Kiwiana runner I started last night.  It's for someone special.  No names.  I really want to get it done today or tomorrow, so I can post it off in a few days.


    ABOVE:  2 pm, and I've been working on the runner since 8 am.
It's now done.

ABOVE:  It took a bit longer than usual because I stitched a few words on the back.
They shall remain private.

ABOVE:  It was supposed to be a SMALL runner.  Seems I don't 'do' small.
😔😖😜
It's another gorgeous runner that I am proud of.

I am stopping for a break now.

6.55 pm:  Well guess what?
I didn't take a break, I made another Kiwiana Runner!  Same as this morning's one, only bigger.

Then I finally came back into the house proper and cooked dinner for Stew and I.

And now it's wind down time, I'm gunna heat up a HotPod and get me blankie on.  It's been raining almost all day, and cold.

11 comments:

  1. I love Britto and have a small collection. Haven't seen Dory before...its very cute 😍

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:34 AM

    It's Flounder, not Dory. He's beautiful. Cheers, Colleen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is indeed Flounder … ooops

      Delete
  3. Love Flounder and the cookie jar, two must haves. I am glad you found them. Nice the lawnmower has a new home too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. For sure another beautiful runner.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucky recipient, to have you in her life xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, and I love the jar!

    ReplyDelete
  7. the runner is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. No point in doing small is there ? I don’t make quilts under 60” square

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how you're always busy and when (if) I retire I'm going to ask you for "keeping busy" lessons!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous12:13 AM

    Beautiful runner Chris, they would look fantastic as well hangings too.

    Magpie Australia

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.