Thursday, September 29, 2022

ONE MORE LIKE THIS

 Yesterday I only made one zippered pouch.  It was using strips of fabric, only in a different colour way:


ABOVE:  It's rather cute I think.  Maybe I'll make one more like it today.  

Not feeling it really.   I think I've probably made enough for now.

But what else will I do if I'm not sewing?   😔😓

MEH.  I could fold the washing I suppose.

Vacum?  Sure needs it.

Wash window sills... they are looking dusty.

So yeah, housework by the look of it.

What fun.  NOT.

Yesterday afternoon I spotted a boy about to put something in my letterbox. I could see it was JUNK.

So I opened my door and asked  him if he could see and read the notice on my letterbox, saying "NO JUNK MAIL"?   

He said it was a newspaper.

To which I replied "Did I ask for it?  Did I pay for it?  Are you New Zealand Post?  Are you a courier company delivering something I ordered?  NO?  So what you are about to put in my letterbox is JUNK MAIL.  Please don't."

He gave me a dirty look, and carried on his way.  

I must admit I felt a bit mean.  Was I mean?

But just how much rubbish do we get in our letterboxes that we don't want?  That we have to turn around and throw out, usually straight away?

Some people just don't get the message.  NO JUNK MAIL means NO, don't fob your shit off in my letterbox.  I'm not interested.

Pet peeve.  Rant over.


Sorry for such a negative post.  I am feeling down.  I find myself thinking about my Mum a lot lately.  It's coming up to her 2nd Anniversary and I can't stop thinking about her.  The number of times I want to ring her up and tell her about things, we used to talk so often.  She was my 'go to' person, other than Stew.  I miss her so much.

So my darling is taking me out to dinner this evening.  Our FAVOURITE PLACE.  Can you guess where?


ABOVE:  I have made two more this morning, WHOOPS!  It is now the afternoon.  Where does time go eh?
I did some housework first thing this morning, then came into the sewing room.  I'm slow today!

I'm watching some weird crime series on Netflix...  The Lorenskog Disappearance.  It's slow too.  But I'm now hooked on WHO DID IT?
Annoying as it's not that good.

ABOVE: This one is my favourite of the day.


ABOVE:  The last one for today cos I'm off to get me face on, do me hair and look forward to dinner.
No Guesses where then?  Never mind.  I'll show ya later.

ABOVE:  Ready when you are Darling.  And I skipped lunch, so I'm hungry!



ABOVE:  Dinner was at Hello India in Cambridge.  Well done you that guessed correctly.

My favourite places to eat are:

1.  Hello India
2. Lonestar
3. Taco Bell

So everyone who guessed did well!

ABOVE:  We don't usually do dessert, but this evening we did.  Movenpick in Hamilton.  So nice.  But cold.
Derrr.  Obviously.  
But I've been really cold today, not sure why.  

Anyway, we are now home and I will snuggle under me blankie and get warm, and watch Coronation Street before going to bed.

Catch ya tomorrow.

17 comments:

  1. Oooh i love that one. My fave 💓

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use to deliver the fliers and junk mail hateful job bloody near killed me was supposed to be to get me fit...it didn't. My point is as a community news paper delivery is not considered to be flyers it's a service and if it's the same company I worked for they had spies if you didn't put them in every letter you go reprimanded as you didn't know who was the spy. So maybe the poor guy was just doing his best lol...only sign was addressed mail only...then bloody spark and sky would cover that by putting there stupid ads in addressed envelope cost a fortune.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favourite (not) junk mail is sent through the mail so I guess technically not junk but it's from the bloody Jehovah's Witnesses. They couldn't door knock during lock down so they sent bloody "letters".
    Feeling sad about your mum is totally natural. Just be kind to yourself and remember her with love. And look for a butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute colors on the new bag.
    Sorry about your Mom.
    Don't worry about the kid at the mailbox.
    I am having a crabby day myself. I just spent two hours trying to get logged in to some Covid Loan thing we got a couple years ago. My son got his forgiven, lots of millionaire congress persons got theirs forgiven. Dirt poor artist has to pay it back and spend half a day figuring out how to pay it back. That's fairly accurate for the state of affairs in this country.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rhonda1:58 PM

    Love love love the colours of those zip bags

    ReplyDelete
  6. No junk mail means nothing so no you weren’t mean

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous5:51 PM

    Hello India in Cambridge, Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous5:56 PM

    I pick Lone Star chin up things will get better GM 💙💙

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice dinner out love Indian

    ReplyDelete
  10. I went to Lone Star for dinner tonight 😁

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all the bags!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would have guessed Lonestar - but missed the window of opportunity. There is something you always get there that sounds intriguing. Can't remember what it was called though. Is there a hair update?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous4:15 AM

    Gosh, 2 years Chris. I remember it well. Thank goodness you got to be with your mum. X

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.