Tuesday, September 13, 2022

BIG CHANGES

 


NO MORE MASKS REQUIRED.

Thank God.

Everyone is over them.

Also, most of the restrictions per Covid are gone as well.

I won't go into more of the details, the biggest thing is no longer having to wear damn masks.  This summer is going to be so much more bearable without masks.

The other good thing, we are getting a 'one off' public holiday on September 26th to mark the passing of Queen Elizabeth 11.  

Back to today... I've got a parcel to post, a couple of things to get from the supermarket and that's about it.

I'm hosting Card Night tonight, so I better think of some supper for the girls too.


11.25 am:  And I'm home after visiting three Countdown supermarkets for one specific thing.  Which I didn't get.  Dammit.

I'm now on the phone.... to one of them to make a complaint about the SMELL coming from their meat department.  It was horrible.  And they need to address it, cos I wasn't the only person going 'Eeewww'.

I'm not feeling too enthusiastic about much today.
I have cancelled Card Night, as yet again, there's not enough coming.
Shame I bought stuff for supper.  Oh well, Stew and I can eat it.

9.15 pm:  Stew just pointed out that I've not updated in AGES today.
Whoops.

I made another runner this afternoon.
I cooked an amazing dinner for Stew and me.
Watching the telly.  Blankie on.  Feeling cosy.
Catch ya tomorrow.

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:44 AM

    That's great for y'all about the masks; I, however, feel more comfortable out in public with a mask on, as only 51% of my area are vaccinated. It is just my personal preference to wear a mask in public places as a precaution, as does my disabled (double amputee) son. We just don't feel comfortable out in public areas with such low vaccination rates where I live (SW Georgia, USA). Dawn P. Albany, GA USA

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am watching a show that takes place in New Zealand. It is quite cute. 800 Words. Ever heard of it? It is in a fictional town - but whatever the town - I would love to live there! It is so pretty and quaint. At least in the show!
    I am going to get my new Omicron Varient vaccine soon.
    I guess doing away with the mask mandates puts the cloice back with the people. I seem to be going maskless these days. My very good friend is the Infection Prevention person at local hospital. She still masks up in public. IDK what to do about it all. At least Covid doesn't seem as deadly at this time!
    OH! I need one of your cute phrases. One that means "effed up in a major way". This is in regards to my website that went haywire today. But, I know you have a better word or phrase for the situation! You Kiwi's have loads of good descriptive words!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love 800 words. Is filmed in a town just north of Auckland.

      Delete
    2. I loved that series too. Shame it ended.

      Delete
  3. Anonymous12:37 PM

    Colleen here! Our holiday is 22nd. I wish it was 26th because then I'd get an extra day's annual leave!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:53 PM

    Lovely work Chris, you’re so talented. On series on tv, I’m watching Bad Sisters, 10 episodes on Apple TV, so very good. Set in beautiful Ireland, Google for the background. If you don’t have Apple TV, subscribe for a month for free, then cancel after binging it. A new episode is released every Friday. Up to number 6 this Friday. Marie, Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  5. We just got the all clear to not have to wear them at work THIS week. It keeps going back and forth. They still make us wear them at the Dr office. I'll be glad when they are completely gone. Sad your card night got cancelled :(

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.