Monday, October 15, 2018

TWO WALKS.... AND WORRIED

Well, much as I'd like to sleep in today, I can't.
I've put my name down for an 8 am walk!

It's a good time to walk though, as it's not too warm (if the sun's out) at that time of the day.

I've not even stuck my head out the bedroom window yet to suss out the day!

The kids are back at school today, and Stew is back at work, so it's just me and the dogs.
And Monday is my 'big' housework day... so once I'm home from the walk I shall be doing housework.

Sorry, but it's bound to be a boring day here.

It's weigh in day too.  Might just do that later on... I feel like I've stagnated again.  So WORRIED and frustrated.  I almost feel like I'm self sabotaging myself?  I get to a certain point (about here) and just go backwards again.  I really don't want to do that!

Maybe I need some help?  Or I need to change things somehow?  I know I'm getting right sick to death of what I've been eating for months on end.  Seafood. Salads. Meat and veg.  And the very occasional 'evil' meal.  *sigh*  

I SIMPLY CANNOT LET THE ROT SET IN AGAIN. 

I'm due for my next Hba1c blood test this week.  I reckon I will go up a bit... hopefully not too much!  But I have been having some carbs.  That means an up for sure. That worries me too.  Also, my last blood test hurt like buggery!  Worst one in forever. I'm a bit nervous about having another blood test now.

ONWARD...

8 am is a really lovely time to go walking!  It was brisk (cool) but once we set off it was just perfect.  Not too hot.  The sky hasn't a cloud in it, such a glorious day.
It's going to be very interesting to see how I cope over summer this year?  Usually I literally melt and feel over hot for MONTHS!  This year, with the weight being less, it might be easier.  Well... I am really hoping so!


 ABOVE: Today's walk photo.  Some days I feel fat.  Today is one of them.  *sigh*
Wish I could just be happy with myself.  But I look at all the other girls and I still feel like the fatty.  It shouldn't MATTER, but it just does.

SOMETHING PRETTY SPECIAL JUST HAPPENED.  I wasn't going to show you... cos my number is STILL embarrassing... but here goes:



ABOVE:  I cracked it.  I'm finally back into double digits.  Now I have WANT to see an 8 instead of a 9 !
Wonder how long that will take?

Cos I want that SO BAD.


I'm having a little 'war' with a company down the road.  More on THAT... tomorrow.

For now, I need to get dinner sorted for the family, cos I have walk Number 2 at 7 pm tonight! 

Last walk for today was a nice one, a bit short again.  Not really enjoying the super short ones ... I don't feel like I've done enough!

ABOVE:  I hid in the back this time... wasn't feeling smiley at all.  Not gunna tell ya why either.  Just was a bit down.

And that's me day done and dusted.  I'm going to watch some stupid TV till bedtime, or watch some You Tube videos... either way I'm clocking off.  Catch ya tomorrow.

34 comments:

  1. Maria7:59 AM

    I read somewhere sorry can't remember where. If you eat the same meal everyday your body somehow gets used to it and you don't lose wait. Maybe you have to come up with a meal plan so you're not repeating the same stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand that feeling. I also get being over the same meals. It seems like it might be worth reconsidering your meals and range of ingredients a bit. I know you aren't counting calories but is it worth considering the links and recipes etc people sent you when you started this way of eating?

    Here is one idea:I have been making crumbed chicken using egg and almond flour. Almond flour is expensive but once in a while it makes me feel I am eating a filling comforting food without the carb content. If you want a bit of flavour you can add anything but onion powder and garlic salt is good. Eat with coleslaw and it's like a treat.

    You are right, variety helps immensely. Not feeling restricted helps immensely. You are a really good cook, you can do this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And if you add some parmesan cheese to the almond flour it goes crispy! Just dip you chicken or fish or whatever into beaten egg then the almond flour parmesan mix. I also cut up chicken into bite size pieces and toss with all purpose seasoning, almond flour and a KFC spice I make up and cook in a pan then have over salad - it really is good!!

      Delete
  3. wow supper Stocked for you Ma 😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sharnee Hayes12:56 PM

    So happy for you Chris! What a magic moment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It kinda was! Just felt immense relief I'd had a loss!

      Delete
  5. Chris...darling dear...can I just please say how proud and happy I am for you? You are doing it! You are overcoming! You are laying aside negativity, self doubt, and all the what ifs, and doing it! Keep on rockin’!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU! Maybe still a bit negative, but working on it.

      Delete
  6. Anonymous1:12 PM

    Wow!! great going...how tall are you Chris?

    Maria..it doesnt matter if you eat the same meals or not at the end of the day it is calories in versus calories out...sadly...lol

    Peta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 5'4" or 164 cm... shortish! And still fat. lol

      Delete
  7. YES!!!!!!!!!! Be proud of that, it’s fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that is awesome!!!! You are doing so well :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous2:44 PM

    Whooo hoooo!!! Well done Chris!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous2:51 PM

    Amazeballs! Great work!!
    Jess in Adelaide

    ReplyDelete
  11. those scales arent all the shows how dedicated you have been well done girl

    ReplyDelete
  12. FANTASTIC all your dedication hard work has paid off, go to library get out "what the fat" LCHF low carb high fat maybe a month on that change it up then go again. Are you going to go back swimming? And what about bike riding..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our local pool is undergoing a total re-furb, so is not useable for a couple of years. Next option is Te Awamutu, which is a bit far to go on a daily basis unfortunately. I'd love to get one of those backyard pools and rig up some sort of 'bungy' system to swim and stay in the same place... but that's not in the budget right now. Brylee uses the bike. And I fell off it and lost my confidence totally.

      Delete
  13. Anonymous5:14 PM

    Yahoo how freaking good is that, Chris you should be very proud of yourself, Jo

    ReplyDelete
  14. You sexy be-arch 😉. Looking good !! You should be so so proud of yourself 🏅

    ReplyDelete
  15. Go you - brilliant achievement and probably just the boost you need to get you totally focussed again and ramp up that mojo! Super proud of you xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations Chris - what a wonderful feeling cracking double digits ☺

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous6:21 PM

    Well done Mum! I'm very proud of you 😁. From Brylee

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations Chris on double figures...I wish I had a walking group like yours.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Woohoohooo! Well done Chris, your hard work is definitely paying off!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great work and what a great result !!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a sweet comment Brylee, I am sure your Mum is thrilled

    ReplyDelete
  22. Christy10:58 PM

    adding my congrats to everyone's... well done!!! Christy xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fantastic work Chris well done on double digits !

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fan-bloody-tastic. Double figures! Hang on in there, the 80s are chasing you!! I'm almost down to double figures. Another few weeks or a month ... I hope!

    You should be felling light as air!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. You're doing great! Just letting your head mess with you!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.