Tuesday, October 09, 2018

I HATE IT WHEN....

I HATE IT WHEN ... I DECIDE TO
PUT MY
SENSIBLE HAT ON
IT'S JUST NOT AS MUCH FUN!

But I'm going to.

I'm abandoning the idea of big platters, which I would have to either buy or make (which will costs money I don't really need to spend), when I have rather a lot of trays in the house!

I really wanted 'THE LOOK' of the big platter thing going on, but being sensible and realistic, I can still put on a lovely spread, with 'mini' platters, using my existing dishes/trays etc.  *sigh*

ABOVE:  I glanced around the kitchen and then laid them out on the bend and yeah .... it's not as pretty as I want, but it will work, and won't cost a cent.

Well... except for the food!  And I've already started collecting the non-perishables.  Crackers, pickles, chutney, nuts, and so on.  I plan on slowly ticking off the list until we only have to get the perishables on the Saturday morning.

So... I can pretty much stop stressing about the big platters now.  One less thing to worry about!

Today I will get more of the non-perishables before coming home to do some housework/sewing.  YOU KNOW... just a normal sorta day.

The only FBG walk on today was at 6 am... and I ain't getting up that early for a walk I've already done!   So... I will just have to do lots of housework to get some exercise today.

ONWARD...

Reminder to myself... must ring the Doctor this morning re:  Griffin.  His new acne medication is causing him to have very bad nose bleeds! So bad he feels faint and goes really white.  It's working on the acne, but side effects ain't so good.  Let's see if we can get him in today.

So.. I spoke to the Dr and we are going to halve Griffin's medication, and put vaseline up his nose to help with the dryness (caused by the medication), and hopefully that will help stop the nose bleeds.

We had visitors this morning, my Aunt and Uncle from Taupo.  Was nice to see them, and we will see them again on Thursday when they pass through on their way home again.

Well it's been a quiet afternoon!  I did bugger all in fact.  Got dinner made, Chicken drumsticks baked in the oven with veges.
Bryee worked mid afternoon till 8pm.
Griffin spent the day watching TV, and having his face in his phone.  Typical teenager.

Should be a quiet evening as well... no walks today!  I miss doing some exercise, so might get on our cross trainer later.

And that's a wrap.

21 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:14 AM

    Couldn't you use the trays you collect, or are they too small? Ranee (MN) USA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too small will fit 1 sandwiche and that's it.

      Delete
  2. I think when you put the food on your existing platters it will add the colors and textures and look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:28 AM

    Hi on this beautiful morning. I know you have already decided on trays but have you thought about hiring platters - we did this for our daughter's wedding but otherwise more money for the food, lol. Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Once the platters are all full with food it will look amazing and your crafty enough to fill the gaps on the bench with something creative :O)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:05 PM

    Hi you could cover the trays in big white paper doilies or foil ? they might need to adjust the dose of Griffins medication...it works so well no good having acne and scarring...some people only take it for a few months to get the effects and don't need it again.

    Peta

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with the others, once you get the food on them, the variety of platters will simply be enhanced - and furthermore, we are coming to celebrate your birthday, not critique your serving platters :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *squeals*... I really hope you can come Chick! I need to give you a massive big hug.

      Delete
    2. At this stage I definitely will be come down - hugs are most welcome at the moment although I did blub all over my trainer at the gym today so I will try to contain myself :-)

      Delete
    3. When is your party? Not sure if I am invited so just wondering :)

      Delete
    4. Ignore that - I found when your birthday is and we are away. Shame actually, I'd love a catch up.

      Delete
  7. Anonymous1:29 PM

    Let's face it a few wines and no one will notice the platters anyway, all will just will eat the food people are more interested in the food than what it is served on...lol my son's overall skin became very dry especially on his hands and arms so he might need a sensitive skin moisturiser as well. Maybe some saline nasal spray.

    Peta

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bunches grapes between platters and yes doilies would work too what actual day is the birthday sat or Sun as I'm working Thursday Friday and Saturday and Sunday boo 6-6pm

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea using the dishes you already have. I bought half a dozen Bamboo Butler Trays (https://www.kmart.co.nz/product/bamboo-tray/114458) from K-Mart a while back and they are fantastic. Great for using in lots of circumstances, including taking things (including drinks) out to the barbecue area. Would have happily lent them to you if you lived closer.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A couple of of these would look great... especially if you could get them on a Briscoes sale!!

    https://www.briscoes.co.nz/furniture-and-storage/storage/koopman-storage-tray-decorative-large-1073942

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just a thought - you could cover all the trays with tinfoil first - then the look would be the same. Cant believe it’s 10 years since we were all sending cards for your 50th xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. With your artistic eye you’ll have a awesome display using your own dishes.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those platters look pretty pretty to me.
    Good luck with Griffin, hope he's more comfortable soon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think those platters are fabulous! That other grazing thing must be for people who don't have a variety of stylish platters - to try to make themselves look cool! Trust me, I would be able to "graze" just fine at your party no matter what the food was served on! haha. Happy Birthday! You look great! Your party will look great!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Don't cover the platters with foil! I LOVE them just the way they are! They are each unique. Celebrate their differences!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I do vaseline all the time for my dry nose. Someone told me that a long time ago and it helps a lot.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.