Tuesday, October 02, 2018

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRYLEE. AND CHEEKS ANYONE?

A VERY HAPPY 18th BIRTHDAY TO OUR GIRL BRYLEE!  We hope you have an awesome day.  We love you heaps!  *smiles*

You know you're a crazy sewer when you go to the supermarket, get your stuff... and as you walk in the door at home you see yourself in the mirror:


ABOVE:  And you realise you went out with dogs CHEEKS pinned to your top!!!

Yep.  And no one at the supermarket seemed to notice... or at least didn't stare at me like I was a crazy woman.  lol


 ABOVE:  Remember the chair cushions and table runner I made in that lovely blue check fabric?  Well, I have enough left over to make these:


ABOVE:  I might even get three out of what's left.  And yep, that's the dog's cheeks, now in their rightful place.  *smiles*


 ABOVE: The beautiful purple flowers are coming up under the cherry tree now.  I just love this plant, and I'm slowly transplanting bits of it, so I have it growing all over the place.


ABOVE: More of it ... so, so pretty.  It's very hardy, and a spreader too... so easy to transplant and propagate. 

This morning Brylee and I will be baking her birthday cake.  I have two chocolate cake mixes, some frosting, some chocolate finger biscuits, hundreds and thousands and candles.  So we should be good to go.

I'm hosting Card Night tonight, so we will be having a few extra people to help Brylee blow out her candles too.  Should be a nice evening.

Oh and I am expecting Lacy, Kelly and Rena this afternoon for a couple of hours too.

So, a busy day!  Love busy days.

ONWARD...

10.45 am:  And I've spent the last half an hour getting all hot and bothered.  Even got a crazy hot flush cos I was getting mad as hell.

My keyboard stopped working.  Then the computer stopped working too.   OMG I get so, so upset when that happens.  You might as well have cut me right arm off, it feels like I'm crippled!

BUT... crashing the computer (off) worked.  So I'm back in business.


ABOVE:  Ready to rock 'n' roll.... I feel such a cheat using 'boxed' cakes!  But hey... we did have to cook them.  *smiles*

In about an hour they should be cooked and ready to cool down.  Brylee and I will decorate them later on this afternoon.  Which should be fun.  


ABOVE:  And it's done.  And it's come out exactly how I wanted... Brylee and I did well.

The girls just came out for an hour or so... it was a quick visit as Kelly had her dog in the car (recovering from Spey surgery).


ABOVE: School holidays, so Rena was able to come out too.  She got to eat the top part of one of the cakes, I  had to cut it off to make it flat.

I'm starting to feel more confident in front of the camera now... nice feeling.

9.30 pm and the girlfriends have left after a lovely 2 hours of playing cards.  We did Brylee's cake too...

ABOVE:  It was a very yummy cake... I had two small bites to taste each of the cakes.
Sue B brought Sugar Free marshmallows, which I indulged in.  They were nice for a sweet change.

Tired now... won't be up too late tonight I hope, but knowing me, I'll find something to do and won't want to go to bed till I've finished it.  *sigh*

35 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Brylee! Enjoy your 18th birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. More to the point - where are your cheeks? You are shrinking lady! Look at that tiny face!

    ReplyDelete
  3. More to the point - where are your cheeks? You are shrinking lady! Look at that tiny face!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the gingham dogs, now you need calico cats to go with them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy happy birthday Brylee 18 wow you are growing into a beautiful young lady..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Brylee blinken 18 today wow lol 😂

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday Brylee. Hope you have a great day and enjoy your cake. Chris your face has slimmed down so much-amazing. Maybe people in the supermarket thought you were making a fashion statement!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday Brylee :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday to Brylee ....I hope you have a wonderful day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday Brylee! Hope you have an awesome day! Been reading your moms blog for years think you were less than 10 years old at the time. It goes by fast!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday Brylee. Have an amazing day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. happy birthday Brylee!!! Ohhh I was laughing at the dog cheeks!! Adorable!! Christy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday Brylee. 🎂

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous12:36 PM

    Happy Birthday Brylee ! Chris the weight loss is so noticeable great going!!!

    Peta

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy birthday Brylee! Your cake looks awesome chick! Well done to both of you xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. The cake is fantastic. Your legs are looking so slim!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wish the top half was doing as well! All that walking is paying off at least.

      Delete
    2. Oh the top half is definately catching up -problem with big boobs, the progress isn't as obvious.

      Delete
  17. blinken kewl Ma that your getting more confident in pics, changes are defiantly showing 😊
    #Flamingo 😂✌️🐠

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lacy is looking so well Hamilton life is obviously agreeing with her

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh thanks you for your lovely comment Freedom 😊 yes I am defiantly happier and healthier 😊 xx

      Delete
  19. You look gorgeous! Well done 😍

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy birthday Brylee. Hope you’ve had a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy birthday. Kronia polla.
    You look magnificent in your photos!
    Wish we had the Warehouse here. Jealous of your leggings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous8:18 AM

      Oh wow! Someone who speaks Greek, at last! I was beginning to think I was the only one round here!
      Anna William, Newcastle, uk

      Delete
  22. Chris, you are looking wonderful - well done ☺ And a happy birthday to Brylee!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the gingham dogs so cute. 18 wow hope you had a lovely birthday day Brylee.Chris you are looking fabulous x.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Anonymous10:46 PM

    I hope you had a great birthday Brylee.

    You certainly have slimmed down Chris !

    ReplyDelete
  25. You are looking terrific - so is Lacy and Kelly. It looks like everyone had a lovely day, Happy Birthday Brylee :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Look how skinny you are!!! Good for you, sister!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Happy Birthday Brylee.

    Chris, I love the pic of you with lacy and Kelly...one .hot momma !!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Looking stellar, keep up the good work Chris. Happy Belated Birthday to Brylee. Cake looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Happy belated birthday to Brylee!! That cake looks delicious! I hope she had a good one!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.