Saturday, September 30, 2023

RUGBY FIRST ....

 Well.... first up for today is rugby.  Stew will be watching the All Blacks vs. Italy in the World Cup Rugby.

After that we are not sure what our plans are.

Personally, I'm gunna stay in bed for as long as possible!  It's going to be another wet and miserable day.

I did wonder about getting some summer veges plants today, but I think it's too soon to be getting them yet.  That will happen in another 2-3 weeks.  I'm only going to be growing Tomatoes, Lettuces and Cucumbers this season.

I might do a filter run on the pool, add some chemicals and continue the process of getting it ready for summer.  I have syphoned off all the water on top on the pool cover, and topped up the pool itself too. Did all that yesterday.

Doing some maintenance over winter has kept the pool from going deep, dark green this year. Thank goodness!  

ABOVE: IF we don't think of something to do today, I can always start the stitching on these 3 Fish Runners.

They are going to take me quite a while to do.


ABOVE:  I am really happy with how my Rangitoto Islands look!  I have tried to make the shape of the island look as realistic as possible. 

I think I did a good job!

I got really excited and happy last night!

I put an online order in for this stuff:

ABOVE:  Jenny's Tamarind Chutney!  OMG it is amazing.  I got some last weekend, a 300 ml jar.  It's all gone.  So by ordering it online I can buy the larger, 500 ml jars.  It's hard to find here in Hamilton.  I let my fingers do the walking during the past week, and the few places that stock it didn't have any of the MILD that I prefer.

OH and by buying direct for the manufacturer, it's actually cheaper!  AND no shipping costs either.  

I literally flapped me hands in delight once my order was in.  I wonder how long it will take to arrive?

In the meantime, we do have a jar of the MEDIUM chutney, which I can use by toning it down with some sour cream.  Waste not and all that.

Stew is not a fan, so it's ALL MINE!

I highly recommend this chutney if you like Tamarind, and a chutney that packs a huge punch of flavour.   It is a New Zealand product, and they only ship within New Zealand.  Sorry about that overseas peeps.  

OK, it's time to get off here and see if I can catch a few more Zzzz's. 


The All Blacks rocketed home with a resounding win over Italy today!  Stew is a happy man.  96 - 17 could be called an amazing win!

Stew is now at the supermarket, and the girls and I are in the sewing room.

ABOVE:  It rained almost non stop all night, and it's still raining.  No point going anywhere, it's just miserable out there.

ABOVE:  I didn't really feel like sewing today, but here I am.

ABOVE:  At least the girls don't mind keeping me company.

Just had the most delicious Roast Chicken wrap!
Stew bought a cooked chook from the supermarket, so we had that for lunch.

Then... back to me sewing.

My favourite moment when doing fish?
Adding their eyes.  

ABOVE: Eyes make them come 'alive'.   

5.30 pm:  And I've had to stop sewing.  My eyes were losing focus, everything was becoming blurry.
Clearly had enough of close work.  7 hours sewing today.  Quite enough.

Came inside and got me heat pods and blankie on,  and I'm set for the evening.

I made really good progress on all three Fish Runners today.  Tomorrow I'm taking a break.
I hope.

DAY 52 DONE AND DUSTED
Certainly on the downward slope now!  I am starting to dream about my birthday dinner!  It can't come soon enough, this has been a long challenge!
But so worth it.




6 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:44 AM

    Love, love, love, love, love the Rangitoto Islands in your runners. Love it!! People will be snatching them right off the shelf!! Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:12 PM

    Just started raining here too bugger it 🤬 off to watch Hawke's Bay play Wellington for the Ranfurly Sheild fingers crossed 🤞 GM 💙💙

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:26 PM

    Sky/island/water is really well done. Size/proportion and color/texture are fabulous.
    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Has rained here bitterly cold but has cleared now. Love the fish eyes and fishy eyebrows

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous5:05 PM

    The island looks great! Imagine doing a landscape runner using your lake pics as inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always love your fish runners!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.