Saturday, September 16, 2023

MARKET.... AND FEELING A BIT WEIRD

 I'm feeling a bit creeped out.

For the past month or so, there has been a reader in Canada, reading every single post  I have done, since the start.  (2006)

As of yesterday, they were up to June, 2013.

That's fine by me.

What isn't fine is the amount of downloading of my photos that they are doing.

I am worried.  Why would some complete stranger be downloading so many of my photos?  For what reason?

So, I went back to a post in July, 2013 (figuring that person would read it in a few days time), and wrote them a message.


THIS IS WHAT I WROTE:

I am writing this on the 15th of September, 2023.

Hello reader from Ontario, CANADA.
I have been watching you as you have been reading my blog.... from the start.
My question to you is this:
Why are you downloading so many of my photos?
PLEASE do not use them in any way, they are private property.
I hope you continue to enjoy reading my blog.  You have a long way to go!
Now... back to 2023...

I wonder how they will feel when they read that?
I hope the downloading stops if nothing else.  Cos I simply cannot fathom why someone would be taking so many of my photos?

We are up early of course, being a Market day.
I hate getting up so bloody early!
But once we get to the Church at Tamahere, it will be all go, go, and I won't feel tired any more.


...
TODAY'S SET UP...

ABOVE: Front view.

ABOVE: Side view.

It's damn cold. We have finished setting up and now we just sit. In the FOG. Hopefully the sun burns through it fast.

2.45 pm:  And we are home.  Exhausted.  But very happy.
After the fog cleared, around 9 am, the sun came out and so did the people.

ABOVE:  Once again, in our new spot, we had an EXCELLENT DAY!  We are highly visible, and get the sun all day, which makes our products stand out even more.

We sold lots of Runners today, and quite a few other things as well.   

Some of the runners we sold today:






ABOVE: Last month we sold predominantly Braid Runners.  Today? Only one Braid Runner, and lots of others of a variety of themes.  
I am gunna have to get to and make more Fish Runners, and Reindeer Runners before the next market.

Using Steve 'n' Bex's van was really great.  So much easier to fit everything in.  Loading and unloading was a breeze too.
I'm tempted to get us a van.  But we will see.

Stew is now off doing the weekend grocery grab, and I'm here, doing this blog post update.  Then I'm gunna just SIT and relax.  Seriously tired.

Bex and the boys called in late this afternoon to swap over the vehicles. 
 
She got in my car to leave for work this morning.  Pushed the START button.  NOTHING HAPPENED.

10 frantic minutes passed while she tried every trick in the book to make my car start!
Finally, she did something right, and the car started.  Off to work she went.

Then it came around to home time.
Hmmm... she was worried she'd not get my car to start again.
Then she spied a car exactly like mine, so asked the owner (a 96 year old gentleman) how he started his car?

Simple.  Foot on Brake, then push the start button!

LOL.... she had no idea!

She won't forget that I'm sure.   We will be using their van for markets whenever they don't need it from now on.

Stew and I had a lovely dinner of Chicken and veges over noodles.  Now, full as a bull and ready for bed.  And it's only 7.45 pm!
I won't be heading off to bed that early, or I'll be bright eyed and bushy tailed at 3 am.

So I'll endeavour to stay awake till at least 10.

Catch ya tomorrow.

DAY 38 DONE AND DUSTED
OVER HALF WAY NOW!

I found today very hard to get through.  There's so many lovely food vendors at the market.  I lost count of the number of people who walked past eating fresh popcorn, donuts and the most AMAZING looking burgers!
I spent the day drooling and dreaming of the NEXT Tamahere market, when my CHALLENGE ENDS!

Needless to say, I resisted.  Stew did buy himself a couple of bran muffins, but as he said, they were home made!  Whatever.

22 comments:

  1. Well that's weird. I have no idea how to even see that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:22 AM

    I agree, reading your archives is normal, but the photo downloading is very very strange.

    I could see if it was a quilter, saving quilt ideas, but most of the photos you would have been posting back then would just have been random stuff (and family).

    I think there is a way to search the web for specific photos. So I suppose, if you know what photos were downloaded, you could do a search for them and see if they pop up anywhere but your blog.

    Hopefully your note stops it.

    Vickie

    PS - I just thought of something. There used to be reading sites where people’s whole blog content would be downloaded. They did not ask permission. I think they thought bloggers would like to be included, appreciate the traffic. Is it possible it is one of those old sites or something like it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's odd. Can you tell if they are also reading the current blog posts? Will they see what you wrote HERE today!
    Can you disable right-click downloading?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:33 AM

    Very creepy. I know I read you blog back to the start when I found it but never saved photos. Why ?.??
    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Downloading so many of your photos is definitely odd - are they all photos or is there a theme to the ones they download - e.g. your crafts? Maybe there is a way to make your photos undownloadable within your settings ... otherwise maybe put your name and a copyright symbol or message on them. Have a great day at the market ... I hope the sun shines bright and it is a profitable day for ypu πŸ™‚

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous1:11 PM

    How strange. I hope they read the message and stop downloading your photos.

    Good luck with the market today .

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous2:34 PM

    Very peculiar behaviour I think πŸ€” here's hoping you have a very prosperous day GM πŸ’™πŸ’™

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are "gunna" have to make some CRAZY runners. The ones you sold are all fun, silly, whimsical. And since when do you say.... "gunna"? It sounds out of place on your blog. haha

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have heard that scammers use peoples photos to scam someone, so i would be concerned too. I get friend requests from people i dont know, usually all in America and the photo they use is supposidly them but who knows it could be a photo they have used of someones post.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You never know what will sell from one market to the next

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous3:46 PM

    You never know what will sell from one market to the next
    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous4:03 PM

    Very fun to see what sold!
    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay to another excellent market 😊

    ReplyDelete
  14. Grand sales today wahoo. As for Canadian stalker just weird. I've had a freezer for sale couple weeks and some very odd contacts from all over world Texas was the weirdest, last night Fiji bloody time waster.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ohhhh such fun at the market excellent I’d be creeped out too

    ReplyDelete
  16. Don't know about that downloading but your market set up is mighty. So glad you did well. Your runners are wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous9:12 PM

    Love all your fishy runners. I would buy them all but running out of ways space here and next stop retirement probably to a pensioner flat! Kj

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is creepy. I am in Canada and will keep my eyes open for your family showing up where they shouldn’t. Love the runners.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anonymous3:46 AM

    Look at you!! Two weeks down from having no Take-Aways!! Congrats!! I love that you had a "Whimsical" sale day at the Market. Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow congrats you sold a lot!!! Your set up looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  21. LOL on the homemade muffins! I'm glad you had another good market day!

    ReplyDelete
  22. That is totally weird about your downloading Canadian reader. If I run across anything I will let you know. Looks like a good market day.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.