Sunday, September 17, 2023

WALK, FISH AND REINDEER

 Right.

Today we have a list of things to do.

First up.  A walk around the lake for us, cos it's what I do now, and I look forward to it.

Then home, and I will be doing prep work on the next half dozen runners.

Making Fish and Reindeer runners first and foremost.

While I am doing that, Stew is going to be doing some yard work.

Pruning some trees.  Tidying up the gardens.  All the usual stuff men do on the weekends.  😂😊

And that's about it for now.


And yeah, I'll probably hang out some washing.  Cos it's not looking too bad of a day out there.


For our walk today, we decided to go on another riverside path.
This time from St Andrews Golf course, to Fairfield Bridge.  

ABOVE:  A longer walk than my usual.  We stopped and took quite a few photos, and just enjoyed being out and about.  So a much slower pace as well.  It's not always about going fast!

ABOVE: The start of today's walk.  Most of the walk was meandering along the river bank among native bush.
Quite a few undulations (read inclines), which made me puff!

ABOVE:  Looking upstream towards Fairfield Bridge ... we couldn't even see if from here.

ABOVE:  Looking downstream from Ann Street.

ABOVE: Looking across the river to houses that are on River Road.  Someone has a private, home built boat ramp.  They won't be launching anything from there right now, the river is too low.

ABOVE: Finally, a view of Fairfield Bridge.

ABOVE:  Under the bridge.

ABOVE:  Me under the bridge.

ABOVE:  My darling striking a pose.

ABOVE: A native Tui in a Kowhai tree.
There were heaps of birds and birdsong along the walk, which was lovely.
As we exited the path a Monarch Butterfly flew right in front of my face.
Hi Mum!

And now we are home, Stew is outside doing the yard work and I'm about to start cutting out patterns for Reindeer.

Stew got all the outside jobs done and the section is looking really good.
I can't wait till we can plant summer veges.  Our vege pods are empty right now. None of our winter veges grew at all.  

Brylee and Dom called in for a visit, which was lovely.

ABOVE:  I didn't realise Bry was taller than me!
Pfffft.  

ABOVE:  These two... such a cute couple.  

And now... they have left and I'm just going to set up a Reindeer runner for stitching tomorrow, before I come back into the house to relax for the remainder of the evening.

I now have two runners ready for stitching tomorrow.  Doing well there, because I really didn't feel like doing any 'sewing' today.
Now I've got me mo-jo back.
Which is good, cos I really need to get a few done before the next few markets, the run up to Christmas is busy.

I'm done for the day now, and am sitting enjoying a hot drink.  I'm finally come to the realisation I HATE Latte mixes!  

ABOVE:  I'm drinking a Caramelised White Chocolate mix right now... it's very YUM.
Thank goodness, cos I thought I'd simply gone off the hot drinks.  
I love having one in the evening.

And that's about it for today people.  I'll catch ya tomorrow.

DAY 39 DONE AND DUSTED.


9 comments:

  1. Make a runner of that silly "onward" cow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:18 PM

    Very fun that you have beautiful nature walks so readily available.

    Such a great daily habit. I think it is easier to do something every day than once in a while.

    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that was a pretty walk nice pics

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a beautiful walk! How nice to have so many places close by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous5:11 PM

    Nice work Team Harvey 👏 it's so bloody windy here hopefully it's not going to happen for the next couple of months but could be early Equinox 🤔 daylight savings starts next weekend OMG yay GM 💙💙

    ReplyDelete
  6. A pretty walk...love the pics.
    Lovely pic of you and Brylee...you can see you related 😘

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the photos of you two. And the river and lake. Brings back great memories

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous10:20 PM

    My daughter has recently realised that I have shrunk and she is taller than me 😢
    I love the chai in those Avalanche drinks
    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a beautiful place to go for a walk!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.