Monday, September 04, 2023

POINTY VS. SQUARE

 I worked hard yesterday, so I could show you how the two versions of the Braid Runner look:


ABOVE:  And there you have it.  Pointy vs. Squared.

They are both lovely, but from now on I will be doing the Squared version.  OMG it is so much easier when it comes to putting the binding on!

The binding, for you non-sewers, is the very last edge bit.

My next one will be in the Black 'n' Whites, but not quite so long.  

OH, when I cut off the points on that squared runner, I looked at them and thought... hmmm.

If I put the two triangles together I will be able to make a coaster.  

So I did.

ABOVE: Waste not, want not.  Happy with that.

Saturday night, snuggled up in my electric throw, and I thought, hmmmm.   It doesn't seem to be heating up through the middle (lengthwise).  Maybe it was just me?  So I dismissed it.
Then Sunday arrived, and I put it on in the morning, cos it was quite cool.  And NOTHING.
It didn't light up as 'ON' AT ALL.
So Stew and I took it back for a full refund.
I am so disappointed.  It only lasted 5 days.
Back to me heat pods till next winter.

Now... first up for today is to head out for a Lake walk with Lacy.  Then home to do the housework.


11.20 am:  I've been home from our lake walk long enough to have an early lunch and edit photos... 

ABOVE:  Let's just get this one out there!  BEST TIME ever.
Lacy did push me towards the end though, and I wanted to throttle her a few times.
But overall, I didn't have to run to keep up with her.




ABOVE: Happy walk snaps.  Lacy up a tree AND a a slide. lol

On my way home I stopped at the River to take some photos, cos MY GOSH it is so low for this time of year.
Luckily, I have some photos from last year to compare :

ABOVE:  Taken in July 2022.  

ABOVE: Taken today, 2023.

ABOVE:  July 2022

ABOVE:  2023.  Take into account it is still Winter!  This river should be really high at this time of year!

Right, that's me for now, I'm off to do some runner prep.  

What an awesome afternoon!  I got another Black 'n' White runner almost finished.  I should be able to show it to you tomorrow.  I've just got to get the binding on, then make the matching Coaster from the 'pointy end bits'.  😂😆😉

I've got a freakin' sore, achy side, waist area.  Been sewing with my machine slightly off centre, hence I've been twisting a bit... so tomorrow I will have to move it over a bit.  I don't know why I didn't do it sooner.  Dumb eh?

DAY 26 DONE AND DUSTED

13 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:32 AM

    Bummer about the heated blanket. Grrr The squared off runner looks great! Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like both the runners but do like the squared off one... I love the black and white ones and am glad you are doing some.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:36 AM

    Now I can see the difference 😆 square for me 👍 funny little thing yesterday when I went to visit the old people Mum (86) just randomly belts out "Up The Wahs" I honestly nearly peed me pants 🤣🤣 have a super day GM 💙💙

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nuts about your heated blanket

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG - I can't believe the blanket went to shit so quickly! Very happy that you were using it so you found out about the defect before too much time went by and you couldn't return it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Question: Every year, as you start talking about summer coming, the weather here is changing. The leaves are starting to change, some are already falling off the trees. It is also getting dark earlier. Does your number of daylight hours change? Here in northern Minnesota, it gets dark around 10 pm in the summer and dark at 4:30 pm in the winter. When I went to Costa Rica - it gets dark around 6pm year round. So, we are constantly in a state of "can you believe it's still light out" or "I can't believe it is already dark". Also - do you get extreme temperature fluxuations? Like 90 (32) one day and 60 (15) the next? That is the forecast for this week. In the winter it can be so much more extreme!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In the dead of winter the sun rises around 7.30 and sets around 5 - 5.30 pm. Temps range from around -3 C to about 15 C in winter. Summer the sun rises around 6 and sets around 9. Temps range from low teens to high 30's in summer. Sometimes hotter. We do not get huge fluctuations like you do. We are much more temperate. We are lucky not to get massive snow storms etc where we live, down in the South Island they can get more extreme temperatures. (high and low)

      Delete
    2. Interesting. You DO have a pretty significant daylight change, like us. Your winter temps sound divine. Upper 30"s (37C = 98f) is YUCK!

      Delete
    3. Anonymous12:52 PM

      Don't forget we get Daylight Savings too 💙💙

      Delete
    4. We get daylight saving.... Forward an hour in Spring, back an hour in Autumn (Fall).

      Delete
  7. Putting up my xmas tree tonight....I leave it now for couple days to see if the lights etc look right then go the baubles and bows etc. Pink tree this year then a regular green one with red white decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry about your blanket. Glad you got your money back.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous6:49 AM

    Glad the blanket stopped vs sparking. The wires break easily. I have heard of problems.

    I have to be careful of my squareness to sewing machine too, and also what/where/how my left foot is positioned.

    I have my sewing machine raised so I do not hunch as much, nothing fancy, just a board under it.

    Vickie

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.