Saturday, September 09, 2023

GUILD MEETING

Today I am attending my second Guild Meeting here in Hamilton.

I hope it's as nice as the first one I went to last month.

If so, I will definitely be joining the Guild.

That's on at midday, so until then I will do the housework and so on.

Stew will go do the mini weekend grocery shop (Diet Coke, fresh fruit and veges primarily).  

I have some photos to share from yesterday...

ABOVE:  Don't ask, I have NO IDEA what Janice was doing!!!

ABOVE:  I am so very happy with this one!  Usually I look HUGE beside Janice, who is a small person.

ABOVE:  Some comparisons taken over the past 5-7 years.    I love how much I am changing.  I almost like having my photo taken now!

That is a huge thing.  HUGE.

Things like this make the hard work so worthwhile. 

And feeling so much fitter and healthier... it's all good.

And... the washing won't do itself, so I better make a start on the day.

Catch ya later.


12 noon:  And we have been out and about quite a bit this morning.
Groceries.
Then shopping for a meat Tenderiser.. no luck with that yet.
Then we stopped in at a neighbours house that's on the market for a look-see.  
Too small for any of us.  Plus not really in the market for a new home.  Unless we win LOTTO!
Then I'd be building my 'Dream Home' at the beach!


ABOVE: This arrived in the post for me today!
Shit, I'm officially OLD!  Nice to get, hopefully it gives me some good discounts.  I suppose it's time to start looking at what is available.
AND bus schedules!  I can see me tiki touring around on buses just for the hell of it! lol

And now... I better head off to the Guild Meeting.  I'm picking up one of the Patchwork ladies on my way, so I better not be late.

The Guild meeting went longer today than last month.  I got home around 3.
The meeting was very good, we had a lovely guest speaker, then a few show and tells.
Followed by afternoon tea.
K and I didn't stay for afternoon tea though.  As you all know, I don't do tea or coffee, and I sure in hell didn't want to have any of the biscuits!

ABOVE: The merchant at the meeting today was Sewing Machine World, selling just a small smattering of things from their shop.  I bought some black 'n' white fat quarters, machine needles and a pattern.

Now that I'm home, I've prepared our dinner, which is going to be Chicken baked in the oven with a crumbed crust, and baked potatoes.

I am starving as I didn't have any lunch.  So my main meal today is dinner.

Our dinner was delicious!  The chicken came out beautifully, as did the smashed roast potatoes.
I'm full as a bull now, so just going to enjoy the evening till bedtime now.
Catch ya tomorrow.

DAY 31 DONE AND DUSTED
Weekends are the hardest to get through.  When we are out and about is when we always used to get a takeaway, or eat out at least.  Today was no exception, we were in the mall and OMG it was confronting!  But... another day I win!

11 comments:

  1. It is so cool that you have this blog or some sort of organizational system to keep all your photos at the ready! It was great to see all the years pics compiled like that. Great Job on the health trek!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are looking teeny 🩷🔥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:34 AM

    Yes, looking good and healthy ...what is your weight loss total now?....Peta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I go by my heaviest in the past 5 years... I've lost 25 kilos. In the past year only... 19 kilos.

      Delete
    2. Anonymous12:57 PM

      Both make a great loss...so not "only"....so good,....can I pay you to lose my weight....lol. Peta

      Delete
  4. the first thing I thought when I saw the photo was how much slimmer you are looking.
    You are lucky. We have to wait until we are 67 to qualify for the pension and then it is means tested.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chris, you look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous7:45 PM

    Your Super Gold card is just for discounts etc? like the Seniors card here...it is not a pension card is it? you would be too young to get the pension ? Peta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peta I love you! I will be 65 next month, and so YES... I will be getting the 'old age pension'!!!!! The Gold Card gives us oldies discounts on various things, travel etc.

      Delete
  7. Sorry Audrey, I hit DELETE on your comment by mistake.
    [DIET COKE ROCKS] New comment on GUILD MEETING.
    Anonymous
    You
    Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "GUILD MEETING":

    Superannuation, please. Everyone in Britain hated being called "Old Age Pensioners". Think of it as an award for getting to 65. Audrey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I am kinda taking the piss referring to myself as being on the 'Old Age Pension'... cos I simply do not feel OLD at all!

      Delete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.