Sunday, October 01, 2023

MY BIRTHDAY MONTH

 Finally!

It's October.  My birthday month, and this birthday is a 'biggie'.

Cos I officially become a Superannuatant.  Or ... I'm officially OLD enough to get the pension!

I still can't get over the fact that the Government is going to just GIVE ME MONEY because of my age!

I know millions of people all over the world are getting the 'pension' in some form or other, but to me... it's a novel idea.  

It's going to be a busy month for us.

We have four markets this month, and we are having family here for Labour Weekend, which is my birthday weekend.  

OH and on the 21st, my Personal CHALLENGE ends. Three weeks to go.

Lots to look forward to.

And, if those markets go well... I am going to be damn busy re-stocking my market stash for the November and December Markets.

But for today, I'm going to be a lazy tart.  Cos I need a break from sewing.

If it's fine this morning, Stew and I are going for a lake walk, to get out of the house and just spend some time together.

After that, on our way home, I need to drop into Spotlight to get some plain blue fabric to back and bind the three Fish Runners with.


Something else I just remembered!
I did have another GOAL that I set myself for this month.

To get to my second WEIGHT LOSS goal by my birthday.

I am 100% certain I will do it!  And in fact.... I might even get there THIS TUESDAY.
Let's be POSITIVE.... I WILL GET THERE THIS TUESDAY!

ABOVE:  A little miss was SO HAPPY to see us today.  I got lots of lovely cuddles in bed.
She was in such a good mood, must of been from being with us.  😊😌

ABOVE:  Keera standing beside a lovely old tree which has been ring barked!  Such a horrible thing for someone to do.  It looks like the tree is going to survive it though.

ABOVE: Nesting Pukekos.  There were so many birds out and about today.


ABOVE: Perfectly camouflaged ducklings on the log.

ABOVE:  It must be 'the place' to hang out!  lol

ABOVE: Another new bunch of ducklings.  Looks like a very proud mother duck.


ABOVE:  Baby Australian Coots!   I've never seen them before.  They have bright red faces.
Sooooo cute.

Our lake walk was lovely, if a bit cold.  We didn't stride it out today, it was just a nice amble really.  Keera enjoyed it, which was the main thing.

After our walk we drove over to Hamilton East for an ice cream from Duck Island.  It's a very popular ice cream parlour.

ABOVE:  There was a street market on in Hamilton East, very much a trash 'n' treasure type market.  Lots of junk.

ABOVE: I bought something from this lot.  Can you guess what it was?
I'll show you at the end of the day... cos I like to keep ya waiting!  lol

ABOVE: Those two choosing ice cream.  I did not have any (of course), cos I refuse to break my Challenge.

On our way home we stopped in at Spotlight so I could buy the fabric I need.  
Now home and warming up.  It's a damn cold day, with a mean South Westerly wind blowing.

ABOVE: Miss Muppet helped make her own lunch today.  As per her request, she had freshly toasted Brioche buns, spaghetti, cheese and egg.  Nice warm lunch on a cold day.
I had a chicken wrap, and Stew had savoury mince on a Brioche bun.   So lots of variety today. 

ABOVE:  And just like that... it was time for the girls to go home.
Leaving Stew and I with peace and quiet again.

I'm itching to get back in the sewing room... so might even do that soon.

Steve, Bex and the boys have arrived for a visit.  They have been shopping.  More on that tomorrow.

6.20 pm: All visitors have left now, so back to being Darby and Joan.
I will go into the sewing room for a couple of hours I think.

ABOVE:  NO!  I didn't buy the fish (garish) or the heart... I got the rusty little car!
And a blue glass bottle, which is just so cute.  

And that rounds out my day.  Time to sign off.
Catch ya tomorrow.

DAY 53 DONE AND DUSTED
Another weekend passed by without any major temptations.  I think weekends have been the hardest because that's when Stew and I usually go out and about, and end up having lunch or dinner somewhere nice.  Not long now!

17 comments:

  1. Great month ahead for you Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:59 AM

    Have you thought of looking in op shops for backing fabrics. Some people seem to pick up cheap new sheets and doona covers or as new ones. Could be worth a look ?
    I’m sure you will reach your next goal the way you are going. You are doing amazingly well for someone who isn’t into walking/exercise
    Dee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard of people doing that, but as I am selling my runners etc, I feel it is inappropriate to use anything but brand new fabric.

      Delete
    2. I did say new, I didn’t think good second had would be appropriate. Maybe even reduced from Spotlight would work if you get something appropriate

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday (and takeaways) month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course I know what you bought! You are making runners right now of the very same thing! Good to see Keera! I was wondering if she walked with you and she did! That's awesome. Maybe it can become a thing to do with her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done on not succumbing to an ice cream. I'm picking your purchase was the fish 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  6. How is spaghetti, cheese and egg put together for lunch?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DOH! Put all in a bowl, stab the egg yolk, then zap it all in the microwave! Dip bread fingers in it. YUMMMO.

      Delete
    2. Never heard of this. Does the yolk stay goopy? For dipping purposes?

      Delete
    3. Yes, the yolk stays runny as long as you don't over do it. It's really nice!

      Delete
    4. Thanks it does sound yummy

      Delete
  7. Anonymous4:06 PM

    You bought either the fish or the heart lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bet the fish!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous4:29 AM

    Always good to see Keera!! I don't eat canned spaghetti, but I can see this winter I am going to have to try that dish. So canned spaghetti, and the egg on top...cook for how long in the microwave? 1 - 2 minutes? I will probably try it with canned ravioli. Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous11:34 PM

    You are one hellofa determined woman Chris Harvey. I was gonna come up and surprise you for your birthday. I could do the cheap drunk trick, flaT on my face. I wish I could but my head won't let me. Love ❤️ ❤️

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.