Thursday, September 07, 2023

FINALLY

 I have been waiting forever for Spotlight to have a sale on Batting/Wadding.  They finally have one on right now, so this morning I am going there to get some more batting.

I use such a lot of batting, it's totally worth it to wait until it's on sale, then buy it in bulk.

After Spotlight, I am going to Bunnings for tent pegs for our outdoor rug.  We really need to use it in our new spot, as there's a muddy patch right at the front of our site that needs covering up.

I also need liquid chorine for our pool.   In another month or so I will be taking the cover off and really working on getting it ready for summer.  But for now, it needs a bomb of chlorine and some filtering.

So, that's me for the morning, I'll be out and about.

Catch ya later.

11.02 am:  It's been a busy morning I must say.
Out first thing to Spotlight, where I managed to get a really good workout!
Arms mostly.
Helping the shop assistant roll out 20 metres of batting!
It was a mission.
But so worth it.  As I said before, I've been hanging out for it to go on sale.

ABOVE: Eeee gads!  NO makeup on that face at all.  But I just couldn't be arsed today.
At least I made an effort with the clothes 'n' footwear, right?
BTW, those boots are LOOSE on my legs now!
There was a time I couldn't even zip them up.
I've come a long way from those days.

ABOVE:  It was a bit of a mission getting it in the car, but once the seats were dropped down, I managed.
It was raining fairly heavily so not exactly fun.

After Spotlight I went to Bunnings and Mitre 10 for tent pegs and the chlorine.

All done now,  and quite a few hundred dollars lighter, but I know that batting will last me almost a year.

I'm now going to have an early lunch, then do a couple of odd jobs around the house.  Not sure if I will sew today, I've got plenty of stock for the next few markets, if not all of them until next year.  So no rush, unless I sell heaps.

Sitting here, not thinking of going out again today.  And I read Leeann's comment about Grandmothers Garden.  Closing down, all fabric just $10 a metre.  I had received an email telling me all about their closing down FINAL sales just a couple of days ago, and  had decided not to go.
I didn't really need anything else right now.

But I caved in, jumped in me car and went out there just now.

ABOVE:  I knew there wouldn't be much left, and I was right.
VERY VERY little fabric to choose from today.  But I did manage to find a few that will add to me stash.
And there is my last ever receipt from Grandmothers Garden.
A shop with 40+ years trading,  finally closing for good.
I hope Hazel enjoys her well earned retirement!

7.33 pm: Lovely quiet evening on me pat malone.  Stew's at the pub.  Should be home soon.
And that is all I have for the day.
Catch ya tomorrow. 

DAY 29 DONE AND DUSTED.
Some days I just want to go buy a bloody burger and chips.  Today was one of those days.  I was out and about twice.  And twice I drove past numerous eateries... and drooled my life away.
This Challenge sucks sometimes!
But I'm clinging to the big picture, a smaller, healthier me.

12 comments:

  1. Wow! That's quite a picture. I was expecting you to buy packages or "bolts" of batting. Not a giant heap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leeann12:03 PM

    Below copied from Grandmothers garden newsletter. Thought you might be interested in $10 fabric.

    It’s Party time at Grandmother’s Garden! We are closing our doors this Saturday after 45 years.

    This week's shop hours:
    Thursday to Saturday, 9.30 am - 4 pm.





    We will be offering non-alcoholic champagne, served by a Scottish Highlander in full costume. You should not miss this party



    All existing Fabrics are now just $10.00 per metre.


    ReplyDelete
  3. Kiwionholidays12:41 PM

    Kiwionholidays
    Hey just gotta say that outfit on you at Spotlight is amazing.
    Like you and Lacey as well I love purple but that aside, honestly, you look fabulous
    Been reading the last few days the post I haven’t had a chance to say hi. Your energy is pretty inspiring and as soon as I have my surgery I’ll be in as well joining you from across the Tassie,

    We have a family wedding in four weeks so great excitement everywhere. Take care catch up soon
    Cheers 🥂

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:14 PM

    Okay - I have to ask...how do you store that once you are home? Do you have a very large roller wheel thingy?
    Just curious. Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have NOTHING to roll it onto... so as soon as it's dry outside I'm going to roll it out on the driveway (which is lovely and clean, thanks to the rain), and then roll it up properly and put it under one of the tables in my sewing room. OR I could cut it into smaller pieces, just long enough for runners. I'm not too worried, this house has plenty of places I can put it, if it doesn't fit in the sewing room.

      Delete
    2. Anonymous2:37 PM

      Thanks for the reply. You'll have it all nice and tidy soon. And that is a big deal to be able to buy almost a years worth of batting. Congrats!! I like that brown and black fabric. Do you plan on using it for runners?
      Ky Girl

      Delete
    3. Yes it will be for runners ... just not sure which sort of runner yet. Might be incorporated into the black 'n' white ones, or something else.

      Delete
    4. Anonymous4:01 PM

      Cool, it will look nice in the black and white ones.

      Delete
  5. Anonymous3:43 PM

    Love your "purple look" today...you can join the Redhatters....purple clothes and a red hat...it's fun...I go to a group here...when I can... Peta

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are doing fantastic holding together with your challenge go girl

    ReplyDelete
  7. RuthW in MD2:56 AM

    Congratulations on keeping up with your 73 day Challenge!! I think I noticed some definition showing between your arm and the bosom in that purple sweater, as you stand beside the batting. Truly, I do!! I know you've been hoping for some "space" to show up across that area and I think you are positively getting there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woohoo that's a lot of batting! I try to buy the whole bold of iron on fleece I use when it's on a good sale. They haven't had one of those in awhile though.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.