Wednesday, September 20, 2023

JUST ANOTHER NORMAL DAY HERE

 Sorry peeps, it's gunna be a normal sort of day here.

Walk with Lacy, and possibly Amanda too.

Then home to sew the next Reindeer Runner.

Gosh, I look at what's sold lately and realise I have quite a bit of work to get done before the 4 November markets.

Less than 3 weeks and counting down.

ABOVE:  I took the time a couple of days ago to wander in my garden and pick a few spring flowers.

I just love that I have some to pick.  I've never had many flowers in any of my gardens.  I am going to try and get more.

I love them.


ABOVE:  My 'indoor garden' is also flourishing.  I'm proud I've not killed any lately!

I have put quite a few outside so they don't die.

And that is all I have for now.  I'm off to walk around the lake with my girls.


11.45 am:  And I'm finally home from our walk and talk.
Only Amanda came today, Lacy is in a frazzle and didn't sleep well... so she stayed home.

ABOVE: Mother duck still has about 12 of her babies.  And my gosh they have grown!  Doing very well.

ABOVE: Amanda spied some baby Pukekos!
They are soooooo cute!

ABOVE: There were three babies in and around the nest.
Little fluff balls.

ABOVE:  A lovely photo of Amanda near the children's playground.  Nice and colourful.

ABOVE: And me, no colour!  Boring.  Next time I'll position myself with some COLOUR around me.
We had a very nice walk, it wasn't too cold today, and in fact it was almost warm!
I'm freaking out about it getting too hot to walk there over summer.

ABOVE:  A decent time again today, not breaking any records.  Keeping a pace that is sustainable and consistent for me.

I am adding to my 'workout' routine, so that my body does not get used to the same old thing, by getting on our Cross Trainer 2-3 times a week as well now.  

After our walk we went over to Amanda's for a little while, then came home for lunch.
Which is like.... NOW.

Since lunchtime, I've been doing odd jobs around the house, went out on a mission for someone, then came home again.  Kind of an on the go afternoon really.
Third day in a row I've been out on the roads at end of school time.  Something I usually avoid like the plauge!
Oh well... looks like sewing is not going to happen today.

ABOVE:  Just in, a nice photo Amanda took of us this morning.  It's such a nice feeling not being scared of my photo being taken!  When you are 'bigger' you avoid it as much as possible.

6.36 pm:  I actually got into the sewing room late this afternoon!  I did the background quilting on the next Reindeer runner and started the stitching around everything else.  I didn't get much of that done before Stew arrived home from work.
And that is my 'knock off' time.
I do not sew when he's home in the evenings.
It is 'our time'.
And that's it for another day.
Catch ya tomorrow.

DAY 42 DONE AND DUSTED

Slowly getting there!  Who thought I'd never do it and cave in by now?  I didn't, not for one minute, even though it has been tough sometimes.  

10 comments:

  1. cute blue footed bird. enjoy your walk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flowers are so pretty and colourful. I hope you are enjoying your walk 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:51 PM

    Love the different colours of your flowers just gorgeous. I have noticed lots of ducks and their little ones while out walking. I particularly like how it's a family affair for the ducks both parents out for a stroll. Meanwhile the pluvers are crazy when they have their family. They babies dart across busy roads I don't get how they nest like in open fields - well the ones near us seem to, the ducks at least stay close to waterways. Meanwhile we have these honking Ibis - some how these rather large birds perch on a nest high up in the trees - 5 or 6 in the one tree with their nests its like the ghettos where they breed. Well done on your walking you're ticking off the days like a superstar. Maria(Australia)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:50 PM

    There is the pool when it gets hot, that will be entirely different exercise.

    Also maybe since you are thinner, the heat will start to bother you less. That happens with some people, maybe you will be lucky.

    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even when I'm 'thinner' I feel the heat really badly. I've even hot heatstroke in the middle of winter on a hot day walking! YES, swimming in our pool over summer will be a good exercise to do, I can't wait!

      Delete
    2. '... even GOT heatstroke in ......

      Delete
    3. Anonymous11:11 PM

      I took a no impact water aerobics class, we used to tread water in the deeper end, while holding a pool noodle up out of the water (straight up over our heads by the end). I think I remember your pool is deep in the middle. Highly effective.

      Are you going back to your pool classes?
      Vickie

      Delete
  5. Anonymous7:28 PM

    Could ya smile in a photo please 😆😆 GM 💙💙

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Check out the colourless, boring photo from our walk today... I WAS SMILING!!!

      Delete
  6. Nice that Amanda joined you! You're doing great!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.